Citifinancial / Fraudulent company

1 39th And 2nd AveKearney, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 308-2342561

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to have two loans with this company. Due date for both loans are on the 15th of the month, with a 10 day grace period, after which a late fee is added. I have always made the monthly payment, if there was ever a time I was going to be late I contacted the office and let them know. I have been making payments for several years now, and yet they telephone me every month to remind me to make the payment.

Last month they telephoned my office! I was so irate I yelled at the lady that phone and reminded her that I have always made payments, that I have repeatedly told them to stop calling me, and that I specifically told them not to call me at work. I then talked with the branch manager and told him the same thing. Well guess what, this month rolls around and their calling me again. I have had it.

I am going to work very hard to get these loans paid off and then never deal with this outfit again. I just want the damned telephone calls to stop, how many years do you have to make payments to them for them to know you are a person that makes the payment? I am getting Cauliflower Ear from all the damned phone calls.

Ll

Comments

• Va
      31st of Oct, 2008

I purchased a refrigerator on a 12 month same-as-cash agreement which was underwritten by CitiFinancial Retail Services. The monthly statements I received from them were for a $15.00 payment which, of course, if I had paid only that amount I would never had paid off the amount owed in 12 months. I tried to pay one-twelfth of the total owed each month, but I missed a due date a few times. Then I would double or triple up on the payment. At the end of the twelve months I had paid Citifinancial $87 dollars over the original amount and they said I still owed another $119 because the late fees of $29.00 on each of the late $15.00 bills were going to trigger the full interest charges at 22.99%. This is outrageous. I have offered to settle the dispute for another $91.96 (the full amount of interest that could have been charged on the original amount). They refused that offer and want the whole amount now due of over $210. These people are unconscionable.

• Ci
      28th of Mar, 2009

My mother has already paid 5061.00 to Citifinancial. She past away March 2008. Her bill credit limit was 2900.00 and they claim she still owes over 4000.00 dollarsWho can help us?

• Fd
      9th of Aug, 2009

I, too, recieved numerous harassing phone calls from the local Citifinancial office. Funny thing was, I was never late on my loan payments. The phone calls were actually sales calls trying to get me to add additional money onto my loan. They would call my home, my office, and my cell phone. Sometimes as many as 9x a day. I advised them numerous times to stop harassing me. Federal consumer protection laws protect people from such harassment, especially since I am on the national do-not call list. I eventually determined they were doing this deliberately to be f*n idiots. I filed a complaint with the state consumer protection board and sent a letter to Citifinancial's regional manager. Calls stopped. But, then guess what happened? They sued me! Advising that I was behind in payments! When in fact for 3 months I've tried to pay off the account, only to get my checks returned in the mail advising they will not accept my payoff. In the civil action filed, they wanted me to pay for their legal fees! WTF! This all happened in the last couple of months. Lucky for me...I've got the money to fight the f*n ###. I'm meeting with a lawyer this week. After reading all of these complaints, it's time this company gets its do...

• Oi
      9th of Oct, 2009

obama my have his faults, but he hit the ball out of the park today with his proposed consumer bill. the only thing he did not say, due to politness is "citi sucks"

• Ro
      10th of Mar, 2010

Sounds exactly like me - same situation except they call my 89 year old mother- I've had an account with them for years and have never been later than the 10 day "grace period". I hope they go broke and the blood suckers that run this loan sharking company go to jail!