Citifinancial / Harassing calls

Citifinancial retail services since april the 7th have called my office 31 times with some calls being two minutes apart on an account that was only 14 days past due. According to their staff member who would only identify himself as ken id# 6485 who stated "we will call you as often as we like every day". I urge all consumers who are in the same position to file a complaint with the federal trade commission for violation of section 616 and 617. This is totally un-acceptable as that feel that can harass anyone at anytime of the day. There defence has been that we do not have record of the calls however I kept a log and urge all to do the same. Their staff is arrogant and extremely rude sometimes hanging up on me when I question them as to the amount of calls made daily. The female staff members who are black in most cases that I have dealt with are very smart and combative.

Va

Comments

• St
      15th of May, 2008

I am so sick of these people! Our payment is due on the 4th and have asked 3 times to have the date moves and they wont. We always pay them on the 14 b/c you are supposed to have a 10 day grace period and they call like 3 times a day everyday after the 4th its soooooooooo freaking annoying! I wish we could refinanace and be done with these losers.

16th of Jun, 2008

I have been searching for others with the same issues that I have with CIti-Financial. I have a loan with them, secured by my home. We got behind on the payments and with our first mortgage. We were working with our mortgage company and stayed in contact with our local office to help resolve this. We got a repayment plan with our mortgage company and tried to work payment with our local Citi-Financial, the manager there was so rude and hateful and proceeded to tell my husband how she didn't have time for his bs and tired of his ###. She also refered to him by his brothers name. Well, he corrected her and stated he was not his brother and was not to be refered to as him. She actually slammed her hands on her desk and raised he hand at my husband. Well he walked out, she was so mad and if he would have sat there he feels should would have finished her swing and hit him. We tried to file a complaint no one would help. No ne can even provide a number or even name of the district manager, like its a big secret.
    Since this we have gotten current on the loan and able to walk into a different office to make our payments. Last week I received a letter from an attorney's office stating they are filing suit for a judgement against us on this loan. I spoke with the office and was informed since the payments were sporatic, they could get a judgement to secure payment. We got 3 payments behind(first time ever).
    Now all I am getting from their customer service is that I must contact the location. Now why should I put myself in harms way of walking into that office. I have never gone thru so many people to be told there is nothign I can do for you. Now I have left a message form their legal department. Now here is the big one, I had to change my number due to their harrassment and do not want them to have my current number. They called me daily, I still have all the messages on my old answering machine, with time and dates...There are days I received two and three messages from their office.
    Are there any suggestions out there. My first thought is to get my papers in order and contact an attorney and file suit against the branch manager, employees and Citi-Financial.

• Sc
      29th of Jul, 2008

I have had a very similar experience with this company. I took out an unsecured loan, and just recently got a garnishment for old medical bills. Manager named Andy and his chronies (office staff) would call me at work and try to argue with me why I wasn't able to pay them, after I had already tried to work something out with them.

My advice, avoid this company ... period.

• Bu
      24th of Sep, 2008

As a business owner...these phone calls for employees are very fustrating. The employee doesn't wish to speak with them here at work...but they still call 3-4 times a day. We have asked them not to call and to please call the employee at home...but they continue to call. He/We have told them he doesn't speak english (which he doesn't) ...but they only have English speaking people call over and over. We have told them he is not allowed to recieve personal calls...and she hung up on me...they still continue to call. The call themselves different names ...sometimes spelling out C.. I...T...I...Citimortgage...CitiFinancial...but yet always ask for the same employee...HOW CORRUPT IS THAT...always comes up as Out of Area...so I can't call the main office even if I wanted to. Now...I feel sorry for the individual...can you imagine what calls his home phone is getting. But seriously, this is my business phone...he doesn't pay for this phone, nor MY time...but I can't seem to figure out what to do about it. It has only been 3 days and we are receiving 3-4 phone calls a day...I assume it's going to get worse!

2nd of Dec, 2008

DITTO!!! I hope and pray that in our bad economy that this business will go out first! They are bloodhounds! I wasnt even late on my payment and they called 5 or 6 times today! I would strongly urge anyone to not do business with these people ever!

• Em
      26th of Mar, 2009

i hate citi financial they call every 15 minutes to a half hour and not to talk to me but my boyfriend. Who is and has been in the hospital with ms i tell them over and over when he will be here but they countinue to call and harrase me and my children. i can understand callin once maybe twice a day but 9 times in 3 hours is just crap.

• Ka
      1st of Sep, 2009

Hi I'm located here in Albany, Georgia. I pray I pay this company off soon. I work at a facility where we have sick patients and these two people that work at citifinancial call constantly (Tanya and Joe Allen)with no respect to my job asking me to borrow money from people which is very ignorant while would do this when I'm behind in my bills and also telling me if I don't they will take me to magistrate court and take my money when I'm trying to work over time to play catch up for unforseen circumstances which is happening to everyone and if your pay record has been good they should try to understand but they don't care I really pray and hope they realize that people are under pressure right now and they never know when someone might lose it and God knows what could happen people will do anything to protect there kids to keep a roof over their heads and food on their tables so if you are promising to come in a pay on a date you will have the money while ask you to write check that you know you don't have the funds in your account and get you in more trouble. I never knew such ignorant BAMA'S as these two are. At this point and time I'll quit my job just to keep from giving them the chance to garnish my wages when I'm asking them to give me two days to catch up.

• Ro
      15th of Oct, 2009

They are terrible people. The branch manager in Ohio, Barbara Wouts is an actual adulterer!
    Barbara Wouts manager of Citifinancial in Ohio is an adulterer! What a great reference for their company!

• Mr
      29th of Oct, 2009

Why don't you just pay your bill on the due date? You are in default once you miss your due date, you get 10 days before a late charge applies. Keep complaining or read your contract. They had the money for you when you need it, now you have to pay it back... how hard is that?

• Br
      10th of Aug, 2010

DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY

My bill was late by two days and I was not even aware. I believe that my bill was late due to the mail just not making it in time but either way for over a year I have never missed a payment. I started receiving phone calls at home and work several times a day and when I would answer an automated message would say it was citi financial and I needed to hold for an important message. No one would ever pick up and it would just disconnect. I finally got someone to talk me after 4 days of this. I was harassed and asked personal questions like- DO I still work, How do I get payed, Does my spouse work, Am I having financial issues. They even told me that I had a great payment history with them but still harassed me over the two days late. They told me I had to pay the late fee plus bill now. I even asked to speak to a supervisor but she was no help and just deflected my questions with what I assume was company answers. When I did pay them over the phone I was told I would probably still receive three more phone calls over that night. There is no grace period with this company so MRMCVTF you are wrong they don't care if you are late 1 day it’s a 40 day late fee. I agree pay your bill but come on what company does not have same window of grace period. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

• Bu
      8th of Jan, 2016

I was 3 weeks late with a payment and Zally from CIti Finacial has called my work 5 or 6 times a day harassing me about my payment. told me they are taking legal action and told me to stop making excuses and pay my bills.
    She was rude and yelled at me and proceeded to hang up on me.
    They are the worse company in the world to deal with and I will never recommend them to anyone for any reason.