Citifinancial / Scam, beware

We have been living in a home that was given to us after my in laws died in teste. A brother in law said he had power of attorney, well he stole all our money then we had to come up with 7500 for legal fees. this was the only time citifinancial later citimortgage talked to us. They said we could stay in the home till such time as we could afford probate We have tried for over 3 yrs to get to talk to anyone at that bank.All info was only allowed to go through Vincent (in law)The bank then told him to sign overpower of attorney to my husband Joseph so we could deal with the bank.It never happened as there was no executor, no power of attorney nothing. When there was a discrepancy they called Vincent not us. This was our home our money and they were giving himn our personal banking information.

I tried to work with research in the bank, sending cancelled checks and such to show we were not in default, they sent a letter to my deceased mother in law stating they had mistakenly not posted 2 payments and they would. When I called back when it did not show, m they said call Vincent. I then sent copies of certified checks from the bank, including an extra payment we paid in Dec just for the dimple fact that I am very ill and stress kills my immune system making me much more ill. I called, they said call Vincent. No one will work with me, they said we owe 6 months payments according to what they told Vincent which is a lie and none of his business. Now finally someone told me that even if there had been a simplepower of attorney it would die with the person. So now we have answered the banks foreclosure asking for a jury trial and also notified them they violated our rights.

We need a lawyer that will help us file a civil suit for bad business practice. Giving out personal banking info without any written consent. Calling myself a liar stating Vincent had the power of attorney.

Putting my husband and myself under great stress emotionally for my husband, physically and emotionally for me, my health has declined horrible the past 3 yrs. The autoimmune disease I have reacts directly to stress.I have become so upset and such physical pain, i had to call the suicide hot-line, I just wanted all this to end. I and my husband are good Christian people who do not lie, cheat or deceive.

end of story we need to file a civil law suit based on illegal practices, pain and suffering, and causing us directly due to there false practices of not crediting our account, has now put us inforeclosure, which is not true, I need a to find a lawyer to help. i don't travel as I cannot sit for long, I cannot drive and the pain is too bad. I use a walker and wheelchair. I am only 54 but since dealing with this co that I see has allot of complaints against them we need help.

Do
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• So
      29th of Mar, 2011

Sounds like the problem is with Vincent, not Citi. If your in-laws died intestate, and he had power of attorney, then by law Citi can only talk to him. You definitely should get a lawyer so that he can explain to you the difference between bad business practices and following the law.