Citifinancial Auto / Scam

1 PO Box 183036Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-350-9065

Was contacted on 4/7 by Angelica of Citifinancial Auto Loss Control division was told that insurances had made their payments and the remaining balance of $998.26 was left owing and would I want to make a settlement payment of $650 to pay it off. I stated that I would. She then told me she would check with her supervisor and call me back.

I called them back on 4/18 and left a message. I called back on 4/28 and talked to Tim Sharp who told me that Angelica was no longer their and I would be working with him. He told me he would check with his supervisor and to call him back the next day. I did and was again told to call back in a day or two. I did again and was told he didn't have an answer but he would call me back. I gave them my home phone, my work and my cell. He never called.

On 5/12 I called and talked to a Mr. Cast who told me that it was approved for the $650 and I asked for 2 payments to be made on 5/23 and 6/23. He told me I could wire the money by Western Union and I asked if a certified check from my bank would work. He said it would. I asked if he was sending out a letter or statement showing this agreement and where to send the money and he stated that it would be mailed.

On 6/11 the collection recovery office called and Michael notified me that no settlement had been made and I now owed $1, 742.22. I was informed that they knew nothing about the other settlement offer because they were in a different office. I then asked to speak with his supervisor. He told me he would have them call me back. Nothing happened so I called them on 6/13 and waited on hold listening to music for 15 minutes before hanging up. I tried all of the numbers to see if it would let me put in an extension and it would not.

On 6/16 I called and finally spoke with Mary Beckhold who told me my loan had been charged off and that I now owe $1, 801.46 and that if I paid $950.00 or 50% it would show on my credit report as charged off and paid. I then told her I was contacting the Consumer Protection Agency as to the practices of them offering a settlement and then letting it go and never giving me an answer in order to raise the loan amount up. I think it was because I only had the loan for 1 1/2 years before the accident and they are trying to get some of the money they lost on the loan.

Va

Comments

• Th
      17th of Jun, 2008

Your insurance paid the replacement value of the vehicle and the only "loss" they incurred would have been the balance owed after the settlement. They were not trying to recoup their losses. Did you ever pay the settlement? If not, you were aware there was a balance owed and should have continued with your normal monthly payment until you finalized the settlement. The account would have had to be 180 days past due to charge-off, and collection efforts would have continued until it did. Contact the Recovery Department now working the account as a charge-off and make a settlement arrangement with them for the remaining balance.

• St
      27th of Feb, 2010

This company is assisting Alqueada to cripple the American public right under our government's nose.