Citifinancial Auto / Scam
Was contacted on 4/7 by Angelica of Citifinancial Auto Loss Control division was told that insurances had made their payments and the remaining balance of $998.26 was left owing and would I want to make a settlement payment of $650 to pay it off. I stated that I would. She then told me she would check with her supervisor and call me back.
I called them back on 4/18 and left a message. I called back on 4/28 and talked to Tim Sharp who told me that Angelica was no longer their and I would be working with him. He told me he would check with his supervisor and to call him back the next day. I did and was again told to call back in a day or two. I did again and was told he didn't have an answer but he would call me back. I gave them my home phone, my work and my cell. He never called.
On 5/12 I called and talked to a Mr. Cast who told me that it was approved for the $650 and I asked for 2 payments to be made on 5/23 and 6/23. He told me I could wire the money by Western Union and I asked if a certified check from my bank would work. He said it would. I asked if he was sending out a letter or statement showing this agreement and where to send the money and he stated that it would be mailed.
On 6/11 the collection recovery office called and Michael notified me that no settlement had been made and I now owed $1, 742.22. I was informed that they knew nothing about the other settlement offer because they were in a different office. I then asked to speak with his supervisor. He told me he would have them call me back. Nothing happened so I called them on 6/13 and waited on hold listening to music for 15 minutes before hanging up. I tried all of the numbers to see if it would let me put in an extension and it would not.
On 6/16 I called and finally spoke with Mary Beckhold who told me my loan had been charged off and that I now owe $1, 801.46 and that if I paid $950.00 or 50% it would show on my credit report as charged off and paid. I then told her I was contacting the Consumer Protection Agency as to the practices of them offering a settlement and then letting it go and never giving me an answer in order to raise the loan amount up. I think it was because I only had the loan for 1 1/2 years before the accident and they are trying to get some of the money they lost on the loan.
More Citifinancial Auto Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions 
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance. 
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation 
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats! 
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method 
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to locate the correct branch of citifinancial
- CitiFinancial Servicing - personal loan application
- CitiFinancial Servicing - home depot credit card
- Citifinancial - cancellation of credit life without authorization and then when death certificate sent as requested selling the mortgage to bayview.
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to find a loan