Citi Mortgage / defer a payment

United States, Illinois Review updated:
Citi Mortgage
I am so happy to hear that I'm no the only person that is feeling like Citimortgage is the worst lender to do biz with. I have great credit and I still can't defer a payment. I have ask several people over the last few weeks to help me in a serious time of need and I can't get any help! My developer went bankrupt and left me with major problems in my house and I need to fix them. But rather than going into my savings, silly me, I was thinking that I could defer my mortgage for two months to take care of the problems. Guess that works with some banks, not with Citi! Oh they mention having a "hardship" plan, but it doesn't work for everyone. Guess bail outs are only for the big guys, not the small guys that fuel big biz. What a world we live in!

A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. A class action suit could very well occur like this:

United States of America

v. Citigroup (aka Citi) Headquarters: 399 Park Ave. New York, NY 10043 United States and Chairman Richard D. (Dick) Parsons CEO and Director Vikram S. Pandit CFO Edward J. (Ned) Kelly III

A  23rd of Aug, 2010 by
Beware !!- Citi-Mortgage has seen the enemy and it them. Trying to receive a payment deferment- HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE.

There is not a single person for two weeks that can tell me what my deferment status is. Some do not know, others have said its approved and other Citi Mortgage operators say it been denied.
Citi, mortgage has perfected " Catch 22". This company knows as much about customer service, as a pig knows about Sunday.
A  11th of Sep, 2012 by
Well, I am just getting started on my CitiMortgage -no service, rude deferment request. I too have never been late, I have good credit, but due to job loss, no unemployment income and no more savings, I was told that I could not get a deferment. Yesterday I was refused a deferment via phone by the most rude and information grabbing, trying to get money bank associate on the phone. I felt as if I were a deadbeat talking to a collection agency and not a bank associate offering assistance. I know that Fannie Mae allows banks to make deferments, and I do not know where to go for help. I need an attorney, I am ready to join any class action effort in IL (Chicago)

CitiMortgage Logo CitiMortgage