Citi Morgage / loan modification

1 Morneo Valley, CA, United States Review updated:

I was strugling on making my morgage payments and called my mortgage company to get help. I was refred to Make Home Affordable department. I complied with all that was requested and got a contract Home Affordable Modification Trial Period Plan. That Began 10-01-2009. All payments were sent in time. Then on June 23 2010 Citi Morgage sent me another modification which is their traditional modification. I called to ask why I got this contract if I was complying with the Make affordable contract and they replyed because of missing documents. I have all the fax confirmation indicating documents were received I also left several voice mails. I have tried to speak to a supervisor and have not been able to.

Ar

Comments

17th of Nov, 2010

Dont agree to another, hey did me the same way and it put us futur behind on the mortgage. I had to get VA involved, the first modifaction the rep didnt tell us we had to sign papers. Se tols us we should here something back in Dec o9. Well we didnt, I called and found out we were never in a program in the beganing and we were behind from 3600 to over 5000 in Dec. So we finally was put in a modification in Dec and signed the correct information and we told there would be a lump sum of almost 7000 due in Feb/Mar time frame. We no answer again so we called in March, then we were told we took ourselves out of the program because we were looking to finance through someone else. Like I told them who would refinance use when we are so far behind now. Well I asked for the bottom line which included late fees and all so we could pay and get caught up. Well we were told it was 4200, and as I explained we were told it was going to be almost 7000. Well we were told they couold put us in a repayment plain and we declined, so we paid them the 4200 which we were told but found out in May we were still 4500 behind. The rep gaves us the wrong information and now we are looking at a forclosure. We had to get VA involved, and it has been proven and noted on our account we declined i on the 15 but they put us in th program on the 16 anyway. But for months we were tod we accepted it, with all the different groups involved now the can see I've been calling since May until Oct and we didnt agree to it. Now they are trying to find out why they put us in it anyway, what I am trying to say is, find someone to take a look into your situation because it sounds like they are trying to do the same thing to you. The more you agree to all these modifications and the more they say your not approved the more you willowe them. Send them the information in certified mail so someone can sign for it, keep copies of all you sent and the day you sent them.