Circuit City - Restocking Policy / Spend your money elsewhere!
I purchased a Fuji camera at the Circuit City store in Sanford Florida yesterday. The model I was looking at did not have power to the display unit, nor was there enough customer service reps to help me out. However; I have another Fuji camera that I am very happy with. After about 20 minutes I finally got someone to ring me up. The salesperson was careful to go over the front of the receipt with me and not even mention the return policy and restocking fee in small print on the back.
When I got home, after only 4 pictures I realized that either this new camera was of poor quality or defective (The LCD was all grainy, the picture quality worse than my old camera). So I packed the camera in all the original packaging and returned to the store. This was when I was hit by the restocking fee and to even make matters worse the manager admitted that they purposely avoid telling customers about it when making purchases. They told me they would give me a full credit towards another camera but would not return (all of) my money on a brand new item I bought less than 24 hours earlier.
I have figured it up and in the last 3 years I have spent about $2,000 to $3,000 at Circuit City on various items ranging from computers to Mp3 players, etc, etc. Who knows how much I would have spent at Circuit City in the next 3+ years. Yet because of the $24.00 restocking fee I just paid due to Circuit City's 'restocking policy' I will be spending that money elsewhere.
More Circuit City - Restocking Policy Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Circuit City Credit Card - Chase/ Circuit City 
- Circuit City / Element LCD TV - Misleading customer service! 
- Circuit City And Assurant Solutions - Why you shouldn't buy anything from liquidation 
- Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan - They don't honor their extended warranties nor is it hassle free! 
- The Warranty Group / Circuit City Advantage Plan - LACK OF ACTION / PASS THE BUCK 
- Circuit City Stores - Poor service 
- Circuit City - Low cost- not worth the time & frustration
- Circuit City - It is a complete waste of your time 
- Circuitcity.com - Do not believe anything in the why buy from us link
- Circuit City - Return policy nightmare