Circuit City - Restocking Policy / Spend your money elsewhere!

I purchased a Fuji camera at the Circuit City store in Sanford Florida yesterday. The model I was looking at did not have power to the display unit, nor was there enough customer service reps to help me out. However; I have another Fuji camera that I am very happy with. After about 20 minutes I finally got someone to ring me up. The salesperson was careful to go over the front of the receipt with me and not even mention the return policy and restocking fee in small print on the back.

When I got home, after only 4 pictures I realized that either this new camera was of poor quality or defective (The LCD was all grainy, the picture quality worse than my old camera). So I packed the camera in all the original packaging and returned to the store. This was when I was hit by the restocking fee and to even make matters worse the manager admitted that they purposely avoid telling customers about it when making purchases. They told me they would give me a full credit towards another camera but would not return (all of) my money on a brand new item I bought less than 24 hours earlier.

I have figured it up and in the last 3 years I have spent about $2,000 to $3,000 at Circuit City on various items ranging from computers to Mp3 players, etc, etc. Who knows how much I would have spent at Circuit City in the next 3+ years. Yet because of the $24.00 restocking fee I just paid due to Circuit City's 'restocking policy' I will be spending that money elsewhere.

Sa

Comments

• Th
      14th of Jul, 2007

When buying a digital camera, always go to a good review site before making a purchase. Most of the major retailers have some sort of return policy which may have a restocking fee. A great site to go to would be www.dpreview.com. One of my favorite sites to frequent. Also, look at the reviews on Circuit City's website. Customers who have purchased products will leave feedback. A little bit of homework goes a long way.

Also, just because someone has purchased a lot, does not mean they will be given special treatment. I have spent $5000 so far this year. That does not mean I should be treated better than you should. The only thing that matters is the circumstances. Everybody should be treated as an individual, and one customer is not more important than the other based on any status. That is the fair thing to do.