Circuit City - Direc Tv / Fraud and cheating!
I bought a tv at Circuit City and bought into their $300 off the tv if you signed up for direct tv. I was on the fence about doing it and was very hesitant. I asked the rep if there were any charges or fees, i.e. installation, etc... He assured me there were ABSOLUTELY NONE other than the monthly fees. He took our information and asked for my credit card info b/c direct tv required it for "credit purposes." I was promised it WAS NOT for any type of billing. That very same day, direct tv billed my credit card $232 for HD DVR "Hardware" as well as a "delivery fee" for the HD DVR box. NO ONE EVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF THIS!!! I called my credit card company. They sent me to direct tv. Direct TV said you ordered it, too bad so sad. In reality, I never even spoke to anyone from Direct TV b/c the kid at Circuit City handled the entire thing. So I go to Circuit City. The first associate at customer service couldn't do a thing. The second manager, admitted that their associates, especially the seasonal help, wasn't very good and likely misled me, albeit not intentionally. When I asked that I be refunded that money. He said I can't do that. When I told him I would sue him, he got another manager who stated he could "meet me half way" since we were both at fault and its their word against mine. I asked for another higher manager and he took my number and told me they would call. So far, its been 3 days and no phone call. What a scam. The best part, direct tv's hookup guy brought all of the equipment with him. So why is there a "delivery fee" for one specific component? DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CIRCUIT CITY!!!
More Circuit City - Direc Tv Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Circuit City Credit Card - Chase/ Circuit City 
- Circuit City / Element LCD TV - Misleading customer service! 
- Circuit City And Assurant Solutions - Why you shouldn't buy anything from liquidation 
- Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan - They don't honor their extended warranties nor is it hassle free! 
- The Warranty Group / Circuit City Advantage Plan - LACK OF ACTION / PASS THE BUCK 
- Circuit City Stores - Poor service 
- Circuit City - Low cost- not worth the time & frustration
- Circuit City - It is a complete waste of your time 
- Circuitcity.com - Do not believe anything in the why buy from us link
- Circuit City - Return policy nightmare