Circuit City - City Assure / Fail to fix electronics under warranty

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I have a Denon Home Theatre System that no longer will read a DVD or CD. I had purchased a warranty through Circuit City. Since the liquidation, the underwriters, "City Assure" have taken over honoring the warranty. However, since January 20, 2009, and after hours of being on hold, numerous conversations with customer service employees and their supervisors, City Assure has no process to handle my warranty. In the mean time, I have had to purchase a DVD player, (additional expense) due to City Assure not assuring me of when and how I will be able to get it repaired. The warranty specfically states that if they can't repair it, they will replace it. I haven't seen that or has it even been suggested.

Signed: Very diasppointing customer.

P.S. Next time I purchase an extended warranty, I will make sure the under writers are NOT City Assure.

Comments

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2009

I agree. I'm in a similar situation. I sent in my iPod a few days before Circuit city decided to liquidate in January. Therefore it was shipped to a repair shop that no longer existed. I was unable to get any answers about my iPod for 2 months. I called city assure and they were rude and told me they could not help me and didn't have any info on how to locate it. After months of calling random numbers just to be redirected to back city assure finally I connected with someone there who could actually help me. My iPod was destroyed or "salvaged" upon reaching its destination instead of sending it back to me, as I was told by city assure. City assure obtained my warranty info and now they are supposed to pay me for the original price of the ipod. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...hopefully I receive the check soon.

• Bc
      12th of Feb, 2010
    Circuit City - City Assure - 4th Repair Fail to Fix
    Circuit City - City Assure
    California

City Assure a warranty or insurance provider that has taken over Circuit City extended warranties has failed to insure my laptop is correctly repaired. I have had my laptop sent to Central Depot 3 times now and in need of a 4th for the same problem. Called City Assure for the 4th repair the first representative (Nathan) stated he would expedite my claim under the lemon law ticket # 15513977 and if I have not heard anything in the next few days to call back and request an “EIS” whatever that is. I called back and got a new representative (David) on the phone. David was clearly having a bad day perhaps more so then me. After we clashed I requested supervisor I was told I could not speak to one until after I (David) finished explaining their policy on lemon law. I demanded a supervisor and was placed on hold about 10 min. later David came back on the line and stated his team leader said a supervisor would not be available for at least 4 hours and he needed to take my info and someone would call me back (as if they did not already have my info) How sad in today’s world companies like this are not more accountable. I will never buy another extended warranty carried by City Assure or it’s subsidiaries. And now I hear City Assure may have something to do with Radio Shack or THE SHACK. God I hope not.

• Mg
      4th of Sep, 2010

City Assure has hired an outside depot for repairs and the shack won contract to track and send material out to them. The depot sucks. My laptop has been "repaired" by them 3 times so they say. Once it came back and they forgot to plug the mother board back in so I had nothing when I turned it on. Wonder how that one passed test? I'm going thru the same lemon law garbage as you right now. Now they are telling me that they have the right to give me a refurbished laptop if they so choose. I'll never purchase an extended warranty again, EVER!

• Pi
      6th of Jan, 2011

Just had my laptop in there for repairs, they originally said it would take 10 days and it instead took over 20, then I finally got it back today, with a giant scratch on the screen, dust covers missing that cover the screws, sound card no longer functioning, scratches all over the lid, and the hinges are extremely loose, along with many other new problems including now having a poor version of Windows Vista on it, and it literally has 99 updates ready to install that it keeps saying failed to install every time I try making it. one of the arrow keys are even bent. At this point I am guessing they gave me a reman with out informing me first, and if that's true I might not mind getting in on a class action lawsuit if someone has one started! This 3yr old higher end laptop looked brand newwhen I dropped it off, now I'm embarrassed to say it's mine..

• Su
      19th of Jan, 2011

I had a horrible experience with customer service today. Customer service person was asking me for model number and apparently there are two on my machine. I gave him one (dv6500) which I have always used, but he kept saying it was a S/N. I know for sure what a S/N is. I then gave him another number (dv6626) which was hidden in the tag. Once I did that he said 'why didn't you give me the number before? Why did you keep giving me S/N? I told you to look carefully. Why didn't you check carefully?' huhhh? I was appalled to hear that and I asked him for his id. He hung up on me. I called again and the same guy picked up, I asked for his id on which he hung up again. I have never had such an awful customer service before.