Circuit City / Lies, poor quality management

United States Review updated:
Bought a computer system from CIRCUIT CITY ON 05/13/06. The store clerk told us that there was a rebate on the system we bought. After many phone calls, holding sometimes for hours as the rebate center tried to see what they could do for us, telling us to call the store and one rebate center person actually called the store for us. The managers at the Erie store only got back to me twice and said "we will look into this problem" or the salesclerk is no longer working for us,"Each time I gave them a couple weeks and re calling the rebate center got the same answer. What seems to have happened is the store clerk lied to us saying there was a rebate in effect for 140.00, but actually the rebate did not start until the next day. As a customer I would not have knowledge of when a rebate is in effect or not. I was lied to and when I talked to a rebate center person on Wednesday I was told there was nothing I could do because there was no rebate at this time in effect and that there was nothing I could do about this. I told them I would look into small claims court and she told me I would lose because the rebate was not in effect at the time I bought this computer system. My problem here is more than getting my rebate, it is I was lied to so he could sell us the computer. The manager's at Circuit City are of poor quality and I would not go back to purchase any thing form them again. I am looking for all options to let the public know to be careful when dealing with this Company.

N  2nd of Apr, 2007 by
I called an 800 number to inquire about an advertisement. I couldn't get 1 person and answer a simple question. I am so disgusted with your customer service, I would not spend another penny there.
N  19th of Jul, 2007 by

Circuit City - Always sold out before sale ends!

Week ending 14 July had Sony N320E/B Notebook for $560 on Sale. Called all Circuit Citys in Brooklyn NONE had in stock. Week ending 21 July has HP Pavilion Notebook DV6409US for final price of $550. AGAIN SAME STORY OUT OF STOCK.

In both cases I called 3 days before sale was over and asked if I can place an order for the same price and was refused. How can it be legal to advertise week after week and be sold out before the sale is over?? You can't even order item (even though it is 3 days before sale ending) and get for sale price.

Very poor service!
A  3rd of Aug, 2007 by
I don't want you sending me anymore sale books, or anything else that has to do with you.We have spend a lot of money in the store, and we are now done we can spend it elsewhere.

We purchased a hp laptop had it for 2 days, phone company couldn't get it hooked to dsl, called hp and couldn't understand and word she said. took it back to the store and they said we had to give them 15% to restock it. My husband argued with allen, and he told him he was going to stay there all day and tell every customer not to buy and computer, this 15% is just another way to rip of the customer, we did get the whole refund back, but we are done with circuit city for good.
A  3rd of Oct, 2007 by
Remember those recent Circuit City commercials showing customers in the return line advertising the company's easy return policy? Those days were short lived.

Circuit City charges restocking fees, has horrible customer service at the stores and at their corporate office. It's hard to get anywhere calling their 800 number. Let's cut through the red tape. Here is Circuit City's contact information:

-Contact Circuit City

Anna Marie Henderson
Circuit City Legal Counsel
Fax: (804) 418-8248

-File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

-File a complaint with your credit card company

-File a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office

-File a complaint with Virginia's Attorney General's office. This is where Circuit City's corporate office is located.

-If Circuit City still does nothing, file charges in Small Claims Court.

Circuit City Telemarketing Calls
If you get a telephone call from 804-747-6434, it's probably a telemarketing call from Circuit City's Warranty Department. The address that the phone number is registered to is Circuit City Express, PO Box 42344, Richmond, VA 23242.

Circuit City Logo Circuit City