Circle K Store Incident - 1644 Nicholson Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 / unethical behavior from cashier - cafeteria

This incident happen on Monday, November 12th 2018 at the Circle K located at 1644 Nicholson Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70802:

I walked in to CircleK to ask cashier Catateria for change to buy air for my flat tire from the CirckleK air pump outside. I already had 3 quarters but I needed change for the remaining dollar (the air pump is $1.75 to use). When I asked for change, Catateria refused to open the cash register stating I had to buy something at the store. I explained to her I had just come from a running workout (I had no credit cards on me) so the money I have is spare money in my car to pay for the air pump. I continued to explain that if I bought something I would no longer have the money required to buy air for my tire.

Catateria refused saying: "I can't help you, you need to buy something!"
I replied: "I am trying to buy something, buy air from your compressor outside your store."

Catateria said: "The air pump has nothing to do with us".
I replied: "I'm confused because the air-pump has the CircleK logo on it."

Catateria escalated with aggression and said "You can't afford to buy anything?!"
I explained "I have a flat and I just need four quarters in exchange for this dollar."

Every time I stated this she escalated to the point where she threatened to call the police on me if I did not leave.

I use this CircleK location once a week to fill up with gas. Where is the compassion? Someone comes in with a flat-tire, has money, just needs change to use your air compressor and they are met with hostility, anger and refusal to help. It's belittling that I was insulted stating that I can't afford to buy something when I buy gas from this location every week - which will no longer be the case unless I have someone from Management call me so we can discuss to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Please email me:
joneslolousa@gmail.com

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Lolo Jones
3x Olympic Athlete

Lo
Nov 12, 2018

Comments

• Fi
      12th of Nov, 2018

In many stores the register does not open until someone makes a purchase. Sometimes it has to be a cash purchase. Not her fault if this it the case. While the air pump may have their logo on it sometimes another company is responsible for it. Somehow i feel there is more to this story. Most people do not threaten to call the police on you if you did nothing wrong. Though she should not have made the comment about you not being able to afford to buy anything.

• Ro