CIC Triple Advantage / Charge for Free Credit Report Unauthorized

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-481-6825

On 10/27/07 went on line to request a free credit report at freecreditreport.com. Prior to proceeding with information I was asked to submit credit card information, at which time I was told my credit card would not be billed if I cancel within 30 days.

Upon checking my credit card statement on-line today there was a $25.90 charge from CIC Triple Advantage. I called (11/15/07) CIC and spoke with a Ciara and told her I wanted to cancel the service and ask if my credit would be reimbursed and she said "NO". I was also told the reason for the $25.90 charge was because $12.95 was for a incomplete request I made in August (which I do not recall making). I did do the request on 10/27/07 because of a charge that had appeared on a Transunion report when I applied for a loan with my credit union.

If a credit report is "FREE", why was I charged to go on line to look at my report and why do these sites require a credit card? This is a scam and need to be stopped.

CIC Triple Advantage need to be put out of business and required to refund every dime they have stole from consumers.

Sincerely

Marjorie Whitfield

Comments

Su
  7th of Apr, 2008

The only truely free site is www.annualcreditreport.com

It is the one set up by the credit bureaus. All the others are only free to members and membership costs money.

All of us taken in by CIC Triple Advantage need to file a complaint at www.BBB.org