CIC Triple Advantage / Watch out! No credit report is free!

I logged on to freecreditreport.com to of course get a free copy of my credit report. When you sign up it offers a free credit monitoring service that is mandatory to sign up for (and give your credit card number for). I must not have read closely because I thought that in order to get the service you would have to renew it after 30 days. I was mistaken. Unless you call after 30 days to cancel service the company charges $12.95 a month for a bogus service.

CIC Triple Advantage sends emails to your account after any changes have been posted to your credit report. Ironically, even while I was paying for the service (without my knowledge) I still couldn't access the service. So I was being charged for a service I was not even being provided.

Furthermore, they only refund you up to two months. Luckily I caught it o month three. Please beware and aware!

[protected]

When you call do not give them your full credit card number or ss # just give the last four digits of each.

Ch

Comments

• Ke
      8th of Feb, 2007

Shame on this so called company! Trying to get rich off others. So much for America the land of dishonesty. How dare you! You all have 1 Judge you'll have to face.

• Do
      11th of Feb, 2007

A company send in for a credit report on me. I was told I had the right to see what they said about me and dispute anything incorrect. I went to the site, signed in, and filled out a form telling what I wanted. They sent back a report I couldn't understand so I just decided to forget about it until I saw My debit acct. at my bank. They withdrew, $39.95, 12.95, 12.95, and 11.00 Can you help me get my money back On the form they sent I wondered why they asked for so much info that is very personal. I was very uncomfortable with this. They had a good explanation, something like this we need the right acct. I believe this is spam. A check bounced on my account from this and I''d never had another insufficient chekc before in my life. I was terribly embarrassed too. The check was to my dentist.

Warm regards.

• Je
      15th of Feb, 2007

I searched them on the Better Business Bureau. They have had 2415 complaints, not to mention several law suits against them in the last 36 months. Somehow they managed to still score a 'B' though.

Unfortunately, for most of you, they have managed to cover themselves by putting a huge clause in their terms and conditions, as well as making it front page news that when you sign up for your free credit report, you are enrolling in a trial of Triple Advantage.

The good news, their terms and conditions also include the following:

'Should you choose to discontinue your membership for any reason before expiration of the then applicable membership term for which you have paid, you may cancel your membership and terminate further billing by calling the toll-free number listed on this Web Site.' The number listed is: 1.888.888.8553

So, if you have called to cancel and they bill you again, they are breaking federal and state law. If you are planning to call in the future, get the full name, extension, title, whatever information you can from the person you get in contact with. Also tell them they need to send you an email immediately with the cancellation notice. If they refuse, sue the ever-living crap out of them, because they are not allowed to deny giving you proof of termination of a contract in writing under any circumstance. Once you have your proof, if your credit card is charged again, hire yourself an attorney and take them down.

Phone numbers:
    (877) 481-6826
    (949) 567-3800
    (866) 408-4016

Names:

Robert Fosmire, Vice President Customer Care (PRIMARY CONTACT)
    Email: robert.fosmire@consumerinfo.com
    Ed Ojdana, Group President
    Email:ed.ojdana@consumerinfo.com

• Ju
      22nd of Feb, 2007

This same exact thing happened to me! I was just wanting to look at my credit report one time and get on with it. Then it turns out that I didn't even get to look at it. My bank account continued to be overdrawn every month which has never happened. I finally got my bank statement and didn't even know what the heck Triple Advantage was. My husband looked it up online and saw that it was a credit report. I didn't even remember giving them my bank account info and I had done it for both my husband and I. So it turns out that my account was being charged for 2 credit reports. I'll probably never get this money back but maybe I can save others from falling into this scam. DON'T DO IT, ITS A CROCK OF ****!!!

• Ev
      5th of Mar, 2007

This same exact thing happened to me! I was just wanting to look at my credit report one time and get on with it. Then it turns out that I didn't even get to look at it. My bank account continued to be overdrawn every month which has never happened. I finally got my bank statement and didn't even know what the heck Triple Advantage was. Please i need to cancel membership.

• St
      3rd of Apr, 2007

Triple Advantage is a waste of money! First off, they do not provide you with ongoing scores from all three credit reports, only experian, even though they imply that they do. That makes it a waste, because many creditors do not use experian. So what if they tell you about changes to your credit report. The only way that $12.95 per month would be worth it to me is if you could have unlimited access to all three credit bureaus at any time. Unfortunately Experian has just come up with away to get money for nothing by selling a useless service.

• Ay
      14th of Apr, 2007

I also wanted a "FREE" credit report, and now I have 12.00 missing in my account when I didnt even get anything! WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

• Mi
      18th of Apr, 2007

I incurred unauthorized charges after obtaining a "FREE CREDIT REPORT" on the internet from EXPERIAN.

The websight that I went to to get this FREE CREDIT REPORT was fraudulently advertising this service, and did not clearly explain that I was joining a service, if it explained this at all.

Had I not noticed this UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE, my account would have been charged $12.95 per month indefinitely.

Their info is as follows:
    PO Box 19729
    Irvine, CA 92623-9729

1-877-481-6826

20th of Apr, 2007

Obtained free credit report on-line. I am now being charged $12.95 a month for something i did not order. I have no plans of making this payment.

24th of Apr, 2007

I told CIC Triple Advantage when I received a e-mail thanking me for joining that I was never a member and never intended to be... they sent apology's and turned around and charged me anyway... crooks.

• Je
      25th of Apr, 2007

CIC Triple Advantage - I asked for a "free" copy of my credit report. A charge of $12.95 appeared on my credit card statement.

I called and cancelled the service.

• St
      26th of Apr, 2007

I signed up for a FREE credit report, and declined purchasing anything further. They stated they needed my card number for verification, but would not be charging anything to my account. I received a charge for $12.95.

• Fr
      1st of Jun, 2007

This should be considered to be scam. This should be reported to not only the BBB but also it should be reported to the authorities for the deceptive practices that they use online. They claim that you cannot get your "Free" credit report unless you sign up for the monitoring service. I was charged even though I did not agree and canceled the internet session. Be careful.

• He
      28th of Jul, 2007

This was suppose to be ONE time free credit report, now they won't stop billing my credit card.

• Ti
      4th of Sep, 2007

Should never trust American economy as we should trust Alqida... the are one and the same!!

Shame on you...

• Ti
      4th of Sep, 2007

Living in Irvine is so expensive... of course they should make something like this to be able to live there ....

It is so sad to see what is happening in the country...

Their info is as follows:
    PO Box 19729
    Irvine, CA 92623-9729

1-877-481-6826

• Bo
      4th of Sep, 2007

I just noticed that under the counter of each item on ebay there is an advertisement if experience there.... free credit report... I am sure ebay is getting some sort of commission from them... what a scam... I am so mad right now!!

CIC Advantage is Experion... they change the name b/c they knew this scam in a long run might destroy their reputation...

• Re
      16th of Sep, 2007

U nfortunately it is all in print with the exception of when you sent email cancellation and still were charged. It also says if you want your free annual report or report go to annualcreditreport.com or you can call the bureaus directly. You just have to read the terms before accepting them its all there in black and white and on the main page in blue and light blue o.O and CIC IS NOT THE BUREAU but is somewhat of a subcompany that is charged for reports just like all other businesses but I'm sure with a discount

• Br
      20th of Nov, 2007

I have just received my bank statement and I too was charged $12.95 and this was after I called before the so called 30 day free trail was up to cancel the service. I also called again tonight after doing a web search and finding this site. We will see if I have any charges again next month. Very dishonest way of doing business. I have just checked my e-mail and finally have a cancellation notice. But Im out the frigging $12.95 What a rip off...

• Am
      4th of Dec, 2007

I recently noticed $12.95 charges on my account and did not know who was charging my account. I researched it online and realized it was "free"creditreport.com. I was not aware that they were going to charge my account without my permission. I was extremely upset and when I called to cancel my "paid membership" the lady on the phone tried to tell me that I had to keep my membership until the end of the month. I told her "NO CANCEL IT NOW! I do not want anymore charges on my account". I was very mad.