Chrysler Financial/Performance Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge / disposition fee
My lease on my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee is coming to an end on April 2, 2009. I was planning on getting another Jeep, but Chrysler Financial stopped doing leases as of August 1, 2008. Since I only lease my cars, I decided to go with a Nissan instead.
I just made my last lease payment to Chrysler Financial to fulfill my contract. However, to my surprise, I found out that I still owe $425. I called Chrysler Financial to find out what this extra ‘fee’ was for. I was told that since I didn’t lease or buy another Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge, I had to pay a $425 disposition fee.
I stated that I knew nothing about this fee and asked why the dealership never informed me before I signed the contract. All they said was that they were sorry that no one told me but if they told everyone about the disposition fee, they wouldn’t sell any cars.
Then I was told that it was my fault for not reading the contract close enough. One guy I spoke with said, “You must not lease cars very often because every dealership/company has a disposition fee.” The Nissan that I just leased is my sixth car and I have NEVER heard of nor have I paid a disposition fee! (FYI: I called Nissan, Toyota and Honda and NONE of these companies have a disposition fee!)
In the end, I will have no choice but to pay the $425 disposition fee since it was stated in a binding contract, I signed it and I refuse to let it affect my credit. However, it is NOT going to stop me from running my mouth, letting everyone know about the shady business practice Chrysler Financial is conducting! I know I may only be one person, but word of mouth is powerful and I intend to inform as many people as I can so they don’t make the same mistake I did!
More Chrysler Financial/Performance Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Complaints & Reviews
- Chrysler Financial - scam and fraud! 
- Chrysler Financial - repossession 
- Chrysler Financial - lease return fee 
- Chrysler Financial - lien release
- Chrysler Financial - illegal harrassment 
- Chrysler Capital - automotive loan
- Chrysler Capital - ancira rv dodge and chrysler capital and 3rd party that pick up vehicle
- Chrysler Capital - end of lease turn in acct: 30000127858531000
- Chrysler Capital - chrysler capital
- Chrysler Capital - wont refund money to me due to early payoff. waiting 4 months now.