Choice Hotelsapril 19 stay at the quality inn & suites north/polaris 7500 vantage drive, columbus, ohio.

I write to protest the conditions during a recent stay, and the company’s unwillingness to make any adjustment to date.

On April 19 I stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites North/Polaris 7500 Vantage Drive, Columbus, Ohio. The experience was dreadful from check-in to checkout.

The room was tiny. This is perhaps understandable. I did take the cheapest rate in the hotel. But this was the smallest room I’ve ever booked, and I’m 64 years old and travel for business. I’ve seen a lot of hotels and motels, and a fair number of them have had one star. This was the smallest. The room smelled bad. The hallways smelled almost as bad. The refrigerator was wedged under the middle of desk area -- I could not even get my laptop on the remaining edge of the working area. The desk chair was broken.

The front desk that evening tried to help, but there was only so much he could do -- he could not budge the refrigerator, and if the entire hotel is musty, he can’t give me a different room. The problem is the property and price, not this particular staff member.

There is no elevator -- okay, the building only has two floors, but this property was worse than a cheap chain like Motel 6, which would have been half the price.

The wireless connection was bad at night. I had no connection at all in the morning in the lobby. The day manager couldn’t get on, either. He said he could reach the internet with his phone, but he couldn’t get my laptop or my phone to work. I finally managed to get access through the tech number provided.

I did receive a routine email asking me about my stay. I completed it, stating that some compensation is certainly in order. I said that I would leave feedback on various social media, which I have begun to do, and that I would update it depending on the company’s response.

I later received a note from someone claiming to be the property’s general manager. He apologized but did nothing.

This is completely unacceptable. What does the company intend to do about this?

An
May 01, 2017

Comments

• Vh
      Jul 07, 2017

Complaint against Quality Inn, Gallipolis, Ohio: The staff I encountered including the manager were wonderful people. The hotel needs to be given more money from corporate and/or the franchise owner. My 1st room was musty/moldy from too much humidity that the motel was trying to mask with a horrible deodorizer and TV didn't work. 2nd room I was moved to did not smell as moldy but still needed a dehumidifier. Outlet falling out of wall, drippy faucet and other falling down parts where simple cosmetics would make it look better. I walked across the room a few times in my bare feet and got dirty feet as if I were outside! Found a dead bug in the bathroom, gave it to the manager who told me they do have exterminators that go through but EVERY hotel has bugs - I just found one of theirs! Both rooms had highly noisy AC units which made me wonder if they were not working properly hence the humidity problem. The free breakfast food was appreciated but tasted bad. The manager said she would reimburse my payment and give me more points, which I do appreciate. I called corporate Choice and spoke to a polite man but thick accent made it hard to understand him (overseas call center???). Bottom line as he explained: corporate does not care nor control their franchise owners and corporate refuses to contact me with a follow up conversation. They are way to pricey anyway so my recommendation: stay away from all Choice Hotel properties. Make reservations at your own risk!