Choice Home Warranty / widowed scamed

United States, Washington Review updated:
Mom and I signed up together for Choice home warranty service, seemed like a good idea beings mom's handy man, (husband) had recently passed away.
the sales representative assured us that it did not matter the age of the home or the appliances, and after 30 days of sign up, everything would be covered No Questions asked!!! He made it clear that unlike the other companies Choice will honor all repairs or replacements.

3 months after signing up moms central air conditioner Went out, she lives in a mobile home and the temperature gauge was reading over 100 degrees, mom is a 3 time cancer survivor and had just lost the love of her life, and she did not need to hear that Choice would not honor their agreement and cover her A/C unit.

I wrote them a letter, hoping to get some remedy and resolve, they never did reply to my letter.

Mom ended up buying a new A/C unit. Because the loop hole they use is written in the contract, if the appliance has not had yearly professional maintenance check ups then they do not have to repair or replace.

Tell me who has all their appliances professionally checked every year? That is a ridiculous expectation. Well, we have learned The hard way to look for this loop hole in any other Home Warranty service company we might consider.

N  17th of Feb, 2012 by
My Name is Winsome Sears and my company is Shenandoah Applaince Plumbing & Electric in Virginia (info@shenandoahappliance.com). We are owed money from Choice Home Warranty over 2 years now. But I have been in touch with the New Jersey Attorney General's office and they are now DIRECTLY investigating the cases where before they had passed it on the the Federal Trade Commission.

I just spoke with the state attorney handling the matter and they are asking for you to contact them to file a complaint. Without that, it is only heresay. In fact, they have already been in touch with Choice Home Warranty's attorney. So, I have been given this number for you to call and there will be a person to answer the phone: 973-504-6200 . Tell them you want to file a complaint against Choice Home Warranty.

Richard Zitelli, Investigator
Tel# 973-504-6213
FAX# 973-648-4595
e-mail: e-commerce@dca.lps.state.nj.us
N  9th of May, 2012 by
Hello, everyone! I have a followup to my complaint. My name is Winsome Sears and Choice Home Warranty has finally sent a check to me for all they owed me and also for the late fees that I invoiced. Their representaive told them that Stanley Godspeed is no longer with the company and that if you are owed mmoney to contact them directly: Troy McDermott

Choice Home Warranty

Vendor Relations Manager

888-531-5403 ext. 8248

Please include “UNPAID INVOICE COMPLAINT” in the subject of the email.

Choice Home Warranty Logo Choice Home Warranty