Choice Home Warranty / widowed scamed
Mom and I signed up together for Choice home warranty service, seemed like a good idea beings mom's handy man, (husband) had recently passed away.
the sales representative assured us that it did not matter the age of the home or the appliances, and after 30 days of sign up, everything would be covered No Questions asked!!! He made it clear that unlike the other companies Choice will honor all repairs or replacements.
3 months after signing up moms central air conditioner Went out, she lives in a mobile home and the temperature gauge was reading over 100 degrees, mom is a 3 time cancer survivor and had just lost the love of her life, and she did not need to hear that Choice would not honor their agreement and cover her A/C unit.
I wrote them a letter, hoping to get some remedy and resolve, they never did reply to my letter.
Mom ended up buying a new A/C unit. Because the loop hole they use is written in the contract, if the appliance has not had yearly professional maintenance check ups then they do not have to repair or replace.
Tell me who has all their appliances professionally checked every year? That is a ridiculous expectation. Well, we have learned The hard way to look for this loop hole in any other Home Warranty service company we might consider.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - company will not honor contract 
- Choice Warranty - ge cooktop
- Choice Home Warranty - harassing phone calls
- Choice Home Warranty - lighting ballast out
- Choice Home Warranty - failure to cover repairs that are included in my policy 
- Choice Home Warranty - a/c problem caused by choice home warranty