Choice Home Warranty — unhappy with repair service
If your contemplating a Home Warranty service steer clear of this company. I was a member of a competitor for 18 years and switched to Choice last year after the other company reduced coverage without reducing rates. It was definitely a mistake. Choice employs contractors that can't speak English and perform shoddy work. I have a refrigerator that has been under repair for more than two months. The first technician fixed part of the problem and said he could not get parts to complete the rest. Contacted Choice and they told me they worked with the contractor to order the part. Two weeks went by and nobody showed. Called Choice again and asked for a different technician which they sent out a week later. Technician two said he needed parts would get them ordered and contact me in 4 days to set up a return visit. It has now been two weeks and no phone call and a refrigerator still not completed. Just poor non customer focused service.
Currently we had a problem with losing our heat. Contacted Choice and a service call was scheduled for a week later. Technician came out and waited on the phone for approval to do the work for more than an hour. He said he was going to go buy the necessary part and come back and install while waiting for the return authorization. He did exactly that and just about the time he completed the work Choice called and refused to cover the work, citing a contract issue or authorization. So needless to say we had to pay for the work since it had already been done.
This company has issue with customer focus and employs less than dependable technicians. In my 18 years with the competitor never experienced this type of customer disregard. Think twice before choosing this company for your home warranty needs.
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - not advised of $50 cancellation fee 
- Choice Home Warranty - unethical behaviour
- Choice Home Warranty - substandard repair service
- Choice Home Warranty - extortionist, won't pay, claims withholding funds promised 
- Choice Home Warranty - septic system cleaning and repair
- Choice Home Warranty - non payment to contractor