Chicago Tribune / customer billing with statement reading "respond by" date instead of "due date"
On June 12, 2018 I received a phone call from the Tribune's late payment representative. She said I was late in my payment and I owed $90+ for my 5-day a week subscription. I told her that this was an error because I always pay my bills on time and I have excellent credit. She told me to call the Tribune directly.
When I called the Tribune's 800#, the automated billing line told me I owed $21+change. I received my billing in the mail that shows a charge of $57.59 with a respond date of 6/19/18. I called the Tribune again and spoke with a customer service agent who told me I owed $39.58.
I have been a subscribed for over 30 years.in in the past several years, I've been receiving bills without a due date. The bill only shows a "respond by date". With all these different charges in their systems, the Tribune needs to revamp their billing system. These "respond by date" practices are unethical because they are not reflective of the actual due date. I'm tired of this nonsense. I decided to pay the $39.58 on the phone via a charge card. I then cancelled my subscription.
More Chicago Tribune Complaints & Reviews
- Chicago Tribune Local Values Flyer - stop delivery - I do not want it 
- Chicago Tribune - delivery problem 
- Chicago Tribune - newspaper delivery 
- Chicago Tribune - delivery/customer service 
- Chicago Tribune - tv guide switch 
- Chicago Tribune - missing part or parts of paper
- Chicago Tribune - paper not delivered or very late in day
- Chicago Tribune - delivery
- Chicago Tribune - subscription service is very scammy
- Chicago Tribune - coverage of college football in the sunday morning tribune