Chicago Tribune / tv guide switch

The Chicago Tribune has finally entered the arena of "dirty tricks" to try and increase their sales. Now they're switching the TV Guide insert to Saturday making people have to buy not only the Sunday issue but the Saturday one as well with some kind of ridiculous excuse that a blind man can see through.

I for one am not going to buy the Saturday issue but am cancelling my Sunday subscription as well.

A  19th of Apr, 2009 by
I agree with Ted. I also refuse to buy an additional Saturday paper just to get the TV Guide insert.

In fact, I have already Cancelled my 20 year subscription to the Sunday paper because of this "ditry trick" they're playing. But when I called to cancel, the lady on the phone at the Trib gave me all this hype about what a "great deal" she'd give me if I paid extra to take both the Saturday AND Sunday paper.

So nice try Chicago Tribune, we don't want two papers. Or better put...

What Part of NO Don't You Understand !!!
A  20th of Apr, 2009 by
I've been buying the Sunday Tribune for years. When they switched the TV guide to Saturday's paper with that BS excuse, I figured I'd have to give in and get both papers. Since they started 3 weekends ago, I have not even been able to find a Saturday Trib to buy! So guess what...I am now buying the Sunday Sun Times. So long Tribune.
A  7th of Mar, 2010 by
What a stupid thing to do. I would read the advertisements and look through the TV listings on Sunday morning. Now I as am switching to the sun times who I am sure has advertisements and a TV Guide. With a declining news paper readership you would think that a News Paper would not be this stupid.
N  9th of Nov, 2011 by
Well, now the Sun Times is playing the fun game since we'll have to subscribe to TV Guide to get the listings. In this horrible economy I don't think these tactics employed by the Trib and the Times will gain them any friends, and some of us may just have to get our listings online or do without. People out of work aren't going to be adding any unnecessary expenses to their household account.
N  26th of Jun, 2012 by
Good morning all. My name is Autumn Smith and I am a Social Media Specialist at the Tribune. I will be able to help with any questions regarding the Chicago Tribune. Feel free to email me at AskClientServices@Tribune.com, with your name and question/comment regarding the paper, and I will respond ASAP with a resolution.

Chicago Tribune Logo Chicago Tribune