Chef Depot / Bad service!

1 Downers Grove, IL, United States Review updated:

Absolutely do not order anything from this website. I ordered a $250 Christmas gift on December 2nd and never received it. After not getting a return response via email for my inquiry about shipping status, I called the phone number listed on their website on December 17th to check on the shipping status. When I called, I was treated horribly by the so-called owner for calling after hours! Keep in mind, no hours are listed on their website. He wasn't willing to help me track down my order and told me to call back between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. So, the next day, I tried calling between those hours and for the first hour, I got a busy signal. For the next three hours, I got a voicemail. I left voicemails and emails for them, but never heard back. I ended up disputing the charge with my credit card company and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I urge anyone and everyone to NEVER use this website. No one should have to experience what I did for any purchase, let alone a stressful time-sensitive purchase for Christmas.

Comments

1st of Feb, 2008

As the saying goes you can please most the people most the time. This customer obviously has a brain tumor. She placed an order with us, it was shipped and delivered (but she REFUSED it) several days before Christmas to be returned to us for no reason.
    I can prove this to you. Life goes on. We offer 100% satisfaction to all people wih working brains! Chef Giovanni

2nd of Feb, 2008

Alison Zirbel is a liar. After she placed the order, tracking was emailed to her. She felt it was late, delivery was on Dec 20th, she refused the package. After we found out this info., a full refund was issued. We strive to deliver 100% satisfaction to all of our customers. Thank you!
    Chef Giovanni

Chef Depot

• Ti
      19th of Dec, 2011

DO NOT deal with Chef Depot!! Be warned!!

• Ke
      11th of May, 2013

I placed an order one week ago and received an e-mail that my order was accepted but since have nothing. I called, left a message and sent an email; I will test the response time. Since we know our delivery drivers well--there's very little chance of a mishap.

My point of concern regarding the above complaints is the manner in which Chef Giovanni insults his customers rather than giving a professional statement and impression. If the owner had omitted the degrading comments, the responses would have a degree of credibility.

I constantly order online and must say that I never have had problems. What also disturbs me is lack of traceability on the Chef Depot website. If the order is delayed for any reason, a responsible owner would either state the availability prior to order (including, but not limited to, any necessary lead-time). Updates are especially welcome when ones money is floating out in cyberspace. Hearing that the owner is confrontational rather than supportive is unsettling.

There are far too many good online sites such as SurLaTable, MetroKitchen, KaTom, that have wonderful customer service, to merit such alleged treatment from Chef Depot. One thing is certain: I am a savvy consumer that does not have a brain tumor and understands my legal remedies. I will give Chef Giovanni an opportunity to prove his/her integrity--hopefully I am not disappointed. Keith Peterson, Everett, WA

• Ke
      11th of May, 2013

To follow, I will give an honest assessment of the outcome.