Charter Communications / poor service, missed appointments & idiot service man
We have had Charter for a little over a year. We signed up for their phone/internet/cable bundle for $99.95 per month. My advice to you: DON'T DO IT!
The entire time we have had their service, both the phone and internet consistently go down. When I call, they tell me to reset the main modem. Then they tell me that they can not get a signal for the modem and that the modem is bad and needs to be replaced. They set up an appointment for a tech to come out; sometimes he shows, mostly he doesn't. I spend the whole day waiting for someone who never shows up! When I call to tell them no one came, they give me the run-around and set a new appointment. Now I have to wait again for someone who may or may not show up.
When the tech gets here, he asks me what he's here for and how to fix it. If I knew how to fix the problem, I wouldn't have called it in!! He's a jerk and rude while he's here. Finally, he tells me there is nothing wrong and that he will NOT replace the modem even though that's one of the reasons he's here!
They sent this idiot to my house more than 4 times! I finally told them to not send him again otherwise I would send him away. Thank goodness they've gotten THAT part right!
As if a year of this wasn't enough, right before Christmas, they disconnected my internet! I called to ask them why and they told me that I haven't been paying my bill. That's funny considering I have the past bills and the cancelled checks to prove it! Not to mention the fact that they told me there was no past due balance! They did not disconnect the cable or the phone; just the internet.
Oh yeah. The bundle was for a year, but they started charging me full price for everything before the year was up. Their response: OH WELL!
Charter is a joke and a big waste of time. If the offer sounds good to you, don't do it!!! You'll be sorry!!!
I can't wait until AT&T has high speed internet in my area...
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - in home service tech.
- Spectrum - customer services
- Charter Communications - charter contract buyout
- Charter Communications - wireless internet
- Charter Communications - internet, phone, and tv. deception and price hiking