Charter Communications / phone number blocked from charter system

It took Charter more than 2 weeks of home service calls about poor picture quality to determine that the problem was a line feeding into the neighborhood. Their estimates for resolving the problem varied from 2 days to 2 weeks. When I spoke with a supervisor he said he was not sure that a work order for the problem had even been submitted. When I told him this was unacceptable service, he hung up on me and blocked my phone number out of Charter's customer repair division. The company subsequently has informed me that Charter is unable to block out individual phone numbers. Cingular wireless however ran a diagnostic on my line and verified that Charter was indeed blocking my number. All of the above clearly indicates that within the Charter organization, the left hand does not know what the right is doing.

Comments

• Fa
      12th of Aug, 2008

I am totally disgusted with Charter Communications. My father has been a Charter customer for a number of years, mainly because there was not another cable company in that area so we had no choice. In the past couple of years, his cable service has been interrupted at least once, sometimes twice a month for a period of no less than 1-2 days. When we call to complain, we are told that it may take sometimes up to a week to get this service restored!! Yet, we still get billed for the entire month unless you go through the hassle of arguing with a representative. Just today, I spoke with an agent and supervisor at Charter that it may take up to 10 days to get my dad's cable restored after it got disrupted again yesterday because they have to have a bucket truck come out and work on the line pole near the house. I can hardly believe with the technology that is out here today that Charter is still operating using antiquated methods when dealing with consumers. I am getting ready to have this service disconnected and go with another company.