Charter Communications / charter failed to show up at the agreed upon date to pick up the equipment
Below is an e-mail I sent to Charter.
Now I am a little upset! I received a call today regarding the equipment charge that is past due and if it wasn't paid immediately my service would be disconnected.
If you read the following e-mail conversation you will find that Charter failed to show up at the agreed upon date to pick up the equipment. I was home the entire day of 7/27/06. The time I was given was between 1pm and 5pm. Today when I asked where I could ship the modem back I was asked if I had a FedEx label. When I responded NO I was told it would be 7 days until I would get the label (How ridiculous!). My question is why wasn't I asked if I needed a FedEx label on 7/26/06 when I called to have the Internet service disconnected? Instead I was told either I could drive 60 miles to return the modem or stay home from work and wait for someone (never to show up) to come and pick the modem up.
Maybe Charter should get their act together before telling people that they will have their service disconnected if the bill isn't paid immediately! Maybe Charter should pay me for the day I stayed home from work waiting for someone to show who never did!
All I can say is that I better be credited the $33.00 I paid today the day Charter receives the returned modem from me. If it isn't I will be canceling all my Charter services. I think Direct TV or Dish Network would be happy to have my business.
*** E-mail to Charter***
Date: 7/28/2006 9:54:21 PM
Subject: Bill / Other
Subject: Bill / Other
I had an appoinment yesterday to have my leased modem picked up between 1pm and 5pm. No one ever showed up to pick up the modem. I noticed today that there is a $33.00 unreturned modem charge on my bill. I don't understand why I am getting charged for a modem that Charter failed to pick-up on the agreed upon date. I was home all day yesterday and I didn't even receive a call from anyone at Charter.
I need to get this modem returned and I would like the $33.00 charge removed from my statement. Is it possible to ship the modem back instead of setting up an appointment or driving 60 miles to return it?
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - sewer line damage by spectrum contractor
- Charter Communications - internet 
- Charter Communications - installation debacle
- Charter Communications - burying cable
- Charter Communications - delivery of equipment response when late