Certs, Inc. / Scam and cheating!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

My husband and I were promised a 5 day cruise, $40.00 gas rebate and a free dinner for listening to a presentation about a vacation plan. The cruise turned out to have several hundred dollars processing fees, the gas rebate would be paid at 10.00 a month and even though we had a voucher signed by a sales representative they said they never heard of a promise of a free dinner. The post card we receive looked very official with a cruise ship on the front and the Carnival Cruise Ship logo on the back.

Comments

• Cp
      3rd of Apr, 2008

We sent in our $50.00 for each certificate to be processed. We specifically asked for dates MONTHS apart. One in May and One in September. On 4/1 we get a letter asking for an additional $25.00 for each certificate, but cannot confirm if either date is okayed. After reading all of the comments posted here I will be submitting my paperwork for a refund immediately. Has ANYONE EVER gotten a ticket out of these folks - I'm really curious. I mean, how can they make money if people cancel on them all the time because of this apparent scam. Thanks to all of you who have WARNED me :)

• Ce
      23rd of Jun, 2008

First, we'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience redeeming your travel certificate from our company. Keeping that in mind, we'd like to point out a few important details regarding the travel certificate business.

Our business is no different than any other business transaction in which both parties must comply with their agreement and adhere to the terms of service.

We highly recommend in the future if you receive a call or postcard from a marketing company promising you a travel certificate if you attend a timeshare presentation that you ask for the name of the company responsible for providing the incentive.

We further recommend if it is a Certs, Inc. incentive, that you visit our web site (www.certsinc.biz) where you can read the entire terms of service for each incentive we offer, and then make an educated decision on whether of not to move forward with the presentation.

Certs, Inc. has no control over the presentation by the marketing company or the sales tactics used by the vacation club representative. However, we do police their activities and from time-to-time will discontinue the sales of our products to these companies if we feel there is misrepresentation.

Certs, Inc. has never, and will never, change the terms of service on our incentives "after" it has been presented to our clients customers.

If you have not received a booking confirmation from our company for the travel date(s) you provided, you are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid to Certs, Inc.

Due to the inconveniences of a large cancellation rate for booked travel, your travel dates will not be confirmed until 14 days in advance. This is to benefit you by allowing a full refund in case you an experience a life event that keeps you from traveling on the dates you provided us.

If you feel you have not received a fair chance at redeeming your travel certificate, please contact our customer service department (1-800-292-0099) so we can research your situation and act accordingly based off your incentive's terms of service.

Sincerely,

Gregory A. Peaden, CEO
    Certs, Inc.

• Cj
      15th of Jul, 2008

It is so funny that Greg Peaden thinks he can salvage his company's reputation by posting on here that we should contact him! I worked for a company that used Certs and they did nothing but TRY to find ways NOT to fulfill (forced breakage)! Mr. Peaden is desperate and you should not believe him. I know that he intentionally creates his certificates to trick people and mislead them. Do not trust him or Certs, Inc.

RUN AWAY!

• Na
      14th of Oct, 2009

We were promised a cruise and had to pay up front $500 for my husband and I a year in advance. 2 months before leaving on the trip, they sent us a letter saying they could not fullfill our request, and to either pick a new date, or our money back, with an additional $100 from them as their way of saying I am sorry. We picked our money back, considering we had already put the time in at work etc.. We were promised our money in 6 weeks. I reached out twice, and was told twice, that they don't know why it is taking so long to process our money. I have been trying ever since, and have never ever been able to get through on the line. They either say they are closed, when it is clearly during working hours, or you wait hours and hours, and no one ever picks up. It is an absolute disgrace what this company has done to innocent individuals. I will never give up, and next, call radio and television stations.

• Go
      30th of Nov, 2009

big scam!! all teh above reviews about them are true.

• Go
      30th of Nov, 2009

CERTS mailed us back syaing that the Certificate issue dates were altered though the agent from TIME TO GO TRAVEL who issued us the certificate was the one who altered it and it was just one day of difference. We were denied the certificate by Certs and we were not given our cashiers check back. I just canot believe how a company like CERTS is in buinsess and a man like Gregory A. Peaden ( CEO) can sleep peacefully at night eating innocent peoples money.