Certegy / check not accepted

Ephraim, United States Review updated:

I wrote a check for gas at Maverik . Certegy would not except it. I have written over 5000 checks and never had one bounce. I tried to contact Certegy. I was put on hold for 30 minutes when I finally got to talk to a real person, she said our computers are down call back in one hour. The second time I called she said the computers were updating and she could not help me. What a bunch of crap. This company should be ashamed of themselves. Maverik will not get anymore business from me.

Ra
Feb 11, 2015

Comments

• Ke
      27th of Jun, 2007
    Certegy - Refused check

My check was refused. I have funds available. I got this piece of paper with a code on it. I write checks for prescriptions so I can track them for reimbursement. I don't get it. Their answer was really vague. I even offered to allow them to access my account to verify funds. The refused. Checks are the recommended method with my HSA.

• Cy
      17th of Jul, 2007
    Certegy - Received a letter from company

I received a letter from this company also claiming that my information may have been sold. I became suspicious of the letter, but is there anything that can be done? I see other complaints about this company.

• Wi
      12th of Nov, 2007

Both my wife and I wrote a check at Staples and at Best Buy, we both had sufficient funds in our accounts, we both have used Chase Manhattan Bank for many years, We live at the same address for many years and neither of us has ever bounced a check. Each of us received refusals from Certegy, at Staples it was an error code 2 but even the Certegy click doesnt know what the codes mean. at Best Buy they don't even have a phone number to call or a code to provide. I guess if you generally use your checks for bills and not in stores you are no longer allowed to use a personnel check in a retail store or at least on where Certegy is the check cashing service provider. This sucks big time, so much lost time in line the embarrassment of it. All that happened is my wife did not have her debit card so she wrote a check, when they turned her down I purposely wrote a check and in both stores we were both turned down. If I really felt like going to other stores after all of this I would have never shopped in either however since we had spent time picking things out I ended up using my debit card on the same account as the check. Certegy should be closed down by the Consumer Affairs as a discriminating company...

• Va
      9th of May, 2008
    Certegy - theft
    SSFCU
    5311 Solar ridge Dr
    Colorado Springs
    Colorado
    Phone: 719-591-4302

I have no money because bexcaue they said said my account number was stolen. I want to be included in the law suit.

• Ti
      29th of May, 2008

i also received a letter from this company and would also like to know how to file a lawsuit for the selling of my bank account and social security number

• Gi
      8th of Oct, 2008

My personal check was refused this morning at Petsmart. I have written many checks there before without incident. The cashier and later the manager of the store could only tell me it was refused by Certegy, the company who verifies checks for the store. I confirmed with my back that there were sufficient funds and there was no impediment there. Certegy apparently denies checks without due cause. I will no longer shop at Petsmart or any store that uses their services.

7th of Aug, 2010
    Certegy - Check declined at target
    Target
    Auburn
    California

I have over 60, 000 dollars in my account, and your wonderful Company declined me for a check in the amount of 266.26! Unbelievable!!! Thanks Certegy

• Vm
      3rd of Dec, 2010
    Certegy - declined money gram money order
    walmart
    Chicago
    Illinois

I attempted to cash a money gram money order at my neighbor walmart and I was declined by certegy. The money order was bought at walmart but yet they would not cash it, due to me not being in certegy's system. So now what am I to do if the store it was bought at won't even accept it.

4th of Jan, 2011
    Certegy - Denies HSA Check
    Certegy

A copay check for $65.00 was denied for purchase of prescription glasses. Checking account is used only for medical service purchases as dictated by the IRA guidelines. How can you have history of use if it is used infrequently? Certegy is out of wack!

• Gl
      14th of Mar, 2011
    Certegy - NON-RESPONSIVE
    CERTEGY
    Cumming
    Georgia

YOUR COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS - I HAVE BEEN HOLDING FOR OVER 45 MIN - TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY - WILL STOP USING THE STORE THAT HAS YOUR SERVICE.

• Dd
      24th of Mar, 2011
    Certegy - check unacceptability
    24315 haggerty rd
    Novi
    Michigan
    Phone: 248 476 7900

A check was submitted to the dealer, Suburban Chrysler in Novi, and the check was rejected. The reputation of the submitter is unquestionable therefore there was no valid reason to reject the subject check. Your company is operating without credibility and should be discredited and not used as a credible source for financial determinations - period!

• Ju
      11th of Jun, 2011
    Certegy - can not speak to a human
    Arizona

I was turned down for a debit card. When I try to reach them to find out the reason, they give me a couple of options, which have nothing to do with me, then they hang up.

• Th
      24th of Oct, 2011
    Certegy - Bad service
    Certegy

Checks from both our joint account and my wifes account were rejected by Certegy. The code for the rejection read Although no unpaid check information is on file, Certegy did not have sufficient information available to approve the transaction, or this transaction exceeded a pre-established limit. Both accounts had sufficient funds and it caused us to waste an hour having to go to the bank to obtain cash to pay for the body repair of her car.

3rd of Mar, 2015

I had the EXACT same situation happen at Target. This company should be out of business with the damage they do to their "clients".

• Co
      12th of Feb, 2016

I have been shopping at Public and Winn-Dixie for the last 7 years, I have a Winn-Dixie check cashing card and I also had one at Publix until they discontinued the card. This pass week are checks were refused at both stores, no reason given. I have sufficient funds to cover these checks and hundreds more and my credit rating is well over 750. I never had any problem with my checks until Certegy got involved with these stores. I'm have been on the phone waiting to talk to some one for the last 30 minutes and no rep has answered the phone. This is a terrible company and if there is a law suite against this company count me in!!!