Centerpoint Energy / abuse of customers

1 Spring, TX, United States Review updated:

This Company arbitrarily Disconnected My service and there was no wy for their customer service people to listen. Taking advantage of their dominat position being the only option we have in Houston for Gas service.
Even after I was forced to pay them some money that i feel I don´t owe them. then after paying $ 62 for the reconnection they tell me that my service is going to be recconected in 4 DAYS. This is an utility and therefore necessary. Is completely unacceptable for this people to take this long. I wish I had an Alternative of a Gas company.

Er

Comments

• +1 Votes

As long as I have been in the Houston area with service, never had service disconnected...due to an oversight last month they disconnected my gas for 31.00..when I realized that it was off I called and was told by representatives that I was diconnected for non-payment...To get my gas on I had to pay bill, $125.00 for a deposit, so it would not happen again, and 63.00 for the contractor to come out and reconnect...I asked the incompetent rep to speak to a supervisor and was told that it would not do any good to complain..I would still have to pay...I insisted that she connect me and she did...I got the deposit waived but had to pay the other charges which I did the same day...I reported the payment and was told that someone would be out between 8-5pm the next day..well about 1:00 in the afternoon I heard knocks on my front door and there stood the most obnoxious person, stating he came to turn my gas on. He moved into my home as if he knew where he was going and my son directed him to where my stairwell was. This man's pants was below his behind, mud on shoes and with the worst attitude I have ever encountered...As he was going up the ladder, I asked him how did he get over my fence to cut off my gas...He said to me in the worst way he did not cut my gas off, but there is nothing to getting over your fence, I'll show you how" I could not believe how he was talking and that he came down off the ladder to go outside to show me..I said wait a minute, he started turning my lock on the front door trying to get out, I said wait and touched his arm to move so that I could unlock my door which is hard to unlock...He yelled at me saying, " don't you touch me " ! He left and did not return and reptd that I refused let him in my house which was a lie..I called the office back to report what had just happened and was told that he reptd me as being irate and I would not let him inside, I touche him and therefore he felt threatened and left..What a joke, what a lie...I am still without my gas, 2 days later.. and all they have on file is that I did not let him in my home...We all are living in terrible times when customer satisfaction does not matter and those in positions who have the upper hand can do whatever they like and we are at their mercy...I do wish there was somewhere to really complain and get results and see a change in centerpoint's customer service and the technicians that they hire...HELP!!