CenterPoint Energy / gas bills

1 MA, United States

I am the executrix of a house left to me and others when my uncle died. I live 350 miles from this empty house. The house was empty for a year and a half and up for sale. The gas bills were off the chart. I have made many calls to them and have written a letter. No one answered the letter or called about it. I hired a plumber to check out leaks in the home - no leaks. Center Point does nothing. They can't explain why I have these bills. The gas hot water tank is turned off, and the gas heating system is off. People never call you back. The people you speak to have no idea what is going on. I have a list of all the dates I have called them and whom I have spoken to. The house sold in Dec. and today I had the new owners call me and asked about the high bills. When the last bill was off the chart again, I told them I wouldn't pay it and they made a note of that and said they would have someone call me. NOTHING Then I got a statement telling me they were turning me over to a collection agency. If anyone owes money, it is them. They owe me hundreds for their problem that they have not attempted to address.