Centerpoint Energy / poor customer service and billing

Centerpoint Energy
We had been paying our bill, never late. They changed my account number without notice. They turned off our gas and left no notice. Now they will not turn it back on. Their customer service is below zero. TO top that off, you can't change to another gas company. I am very very upset. I will retaliate in any way I can.

A  26th of Jun, 2009 by
I also recently ran into a issue with Centerpoint. I had a bill due 5-8-09. The bank showed my payment posting and being received on 5-5-09. On 5-10-09 they disconnected my service.

Now the trouble begins. I called them up and informed them my payment was received on time and that I have yet to miss a payment in over 10yrs. I was then informed that it would still cost me 64 dollars to have my service reconnected and I would also need to pay a 32 dollar collection fee and on top of this I would also be charged 50 bucks extra on my next two bills as a "deposit"

I'm being charged out the Butt for a mistake they made and punished further because they are the only option i have for gas in my area. Oh yea.. its 5-26-09 and they still have no reconnected my gas. I have called numerous times and always get "We will have someone right out today" or "We will be by today but can only turn on the gas if someone is home" I wasn't home when they turned it off... So now I have to miss days of work to sit at home and HOPE they will stop to turn on the gas. I have missed two days of work and they have yet to meet the time-frame they provided me.

If you have the options DO NOT use centerpoint for your gas needs and if you don't have a option go electric. I know I will be.
N  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
I need to file a complaint against Center Point (Gas). They are robbing me blind. They are not advising me of any extra charges that they keep placing on my bill due to a disconnection. Bad thing about it, I can’t choose another gas company because there is none, and they know it.

My invoice states "If service is disconnected, you must pay your bill in full in addition to a reconnect charge. Your deposit requirement will be re-evaluated and may be increased if necessary to cover payment for future service." There were no other mentions of any additional charges that Center Point keeps adding to my bill.

My $72 bill has now cost me almost $325 due to all the fees they keep charging me. The only fee I was advised of was a $62 reconnection fee and a $90 deposit. When I called inquiring about the other fees, they are making up names for them and no one can explain why I was not advised of these additional charges. I really feel this is a never ending battle and I can't do anything about it but pay it if I want to keep my gas on.

They have poor customer servicer and rude people that work for the company.

I need help!!! I feel I am being treated unfairly and this has place a financial hardship on me and my family.

CenterPoint Energy Logo CenterPoint Energy