CellHut.com / Bait and switch

I placed an online order with CellHut.com for a Bluetooth headset for a motorcycle helmet and a pair of Oakley sunglasses. It showed on the website a picture of everything that was with the motorcycle rig. I placed the order and when I received the package I was nowhere near what was advertised on the site nor did I get the sunglasses either so the price was much less then what had qualified for free shipping. Regardless, I only received the lanyard that picks up the signal but nothing that actually has to do with a motorcycle helmet.

I directly proceed to e-mail the company on getting the correct part. The fact is that I look through the whole website and the actual second part that was used for the helmet rigging they did not actually carry. So I included that in the e-mail along with the fact that I wanted a full refund for false adverting and the fact that they pulled bait and switch. I only received a single phone call to call in and use the extension given. However, when I call there is no option for an extension and they place you in a queue. I have tried twice and both times I never got through even after waiting a half hour for assistance on hold. In that time the message kept telling me to go online if I have a dispute and I did with no result. I finally just shipped it back following all the instructions with a RMA. I got a call saying that they did have the part I needed and to call back at another extension that does not exist. I tried to go through the credit card company for resolve too but they where unable to help either. Now they have gotten the product back after I have paid for return shipping and have never received and refund at all. It has now been over 3 months and no resolve has come about.

Comments

• Mo
      30th of Jul, 2008

I totally agree. They are a rip-off company. Here's my story.

Purchased unlocked Motorola Rizr Z3 from Cellhut.com as a Christmas present. Stopped working a few days after christmas-was not damaged, the screen went white in the middle of a phone call and would not go away.
    Asked to return for an exchange.
    Said it was past their 14 day return period. The phone box looked like it had already been opened and was a used phone when we received it-should have returned it immediately!! Emails to Cellhut went ignored until we filed a complaint with the New York Better Business Bureau, which since Cellhut is NOT a member, they were unable to assist us with any resolution (we just wanted to exchange).
    Called Motorola, the phone was made for Singapore and Motorola said I would have to ship it there at my expense for repair (also at my expense).

Overall, a very UNSATISFACTORY shopping experience-this was the exact nightmare you worry about when shopping online with questionable merchants. I would not recommend these shady scammers at Cellhut to my worst enemy!

8th of Aug, 2016
    CellHut.com - defective product, won't fix

Cellhut has a very restrictive return policy. They shipped a phone that was DOA, and would not take it back because I was beyond the 2 weeks from order date. Given a week to ship, and the fact it was a gift it was not opened immediately the problem was identified after 2 weeks.
    This was advertised as a new phone, but the battery, i suspect, was old, as it would not charge at all.
    They lure you with low prices but I recommend you do not use this company.

• Tx
      8th of Aug, 2016

cellhut sold me someones defective returned phone 4/3/2010-with their receipt and a note to them from customer why they were returning phone -- no resolution yet 5/25/2010

CellHut.com - Computer program that does not function

Ordered a cell phone from cellhut.com, and by the following day i had 12 e-mails advising that the e-mails did not have enough to identify me. I sent them a second e-mail address and was advised that that was insufficient. I then cancelled my order on july 24th was was the second day after i placed my order on july 23rd. The order was confirmed cancelled on july 24th, but i keep getting e-mails that my order is still opened and that i cannot cancel the transaction. The total amount charged to my credit card was $564.87.

I believe that cellhut has a computer program that does not function.

Manuel

CellHut.com - Won't take phone back
    CellHut.com

I bought a phone for a customer contract we have. The customer realized they got the wrong phone and I went to CellHut's return policy where they said to email CustomerService@Cellhut.com to get an RMA number. I did that with no response. I email again a couple of weeks later with no response. I called them on two occasions with waiting time of 20 minutes or longer and I don't have that kind of time so I hung up. I finally got someone the phone 2/09/12 after 20 minutes of waiting and I was told by someone that couldn't speak English that they never got my emails and it was past the return policy so they would not return or refund my money. When I asked her about the long wait time on the phone she has the nerve to say "Sometimes we are too busy to answer the phone" WHAT???????? I am disputing this charge with my CC company. I have read on other site and here this is a SCAM/FRAUD company. I don't believe they are out of New York and I really don't believe they are in the US. It took them 3 WEEKS to ship a phone what supposed to be expedited. Can anyone say that this phone shipped within the US? NO!!! They are from another country scamming people out of their money.