Cbeyond / Avoid them like plague

We recently launched an ad campaign involving a television commercial and some print ads. We wanted to create a "minisite" or subdomain with special content relating to the event being advertised (like sale.ourwebsite.com). Our web designer spoke to cBeyond, since they provide our web hosting, and they said that it was possible to set it up. However, days before the commercial was set to be aired, when the designer went to publish the minisite, we learned the real truth - that cBeyond "has never and does not currently support subdomains or multiple domains on any hosting products".

Our web master/designer told them to IMMEDIATELY change our nameservers over on our website, so that we could quickly migrate to a different hosting company who (like 99.999% of all hosts) supports subdomains. The plan would have saved us from wasting thousands on the ad campaign, except for one problem: even though our web master called them 3 times, on 3 different consecutive days, requesting that the change be made (the first time to request, the second two times to confirm that it was processing), the genius "technicians" at cBeyond changed the "wrong setting". We waited and waited for the migration to go through, and they kept saying that it was still processing... Finally, the night before the TV ads were scheduled to stop airing, we found out the truth - that they hadn't really even started the migration in the first place. By the time they actually started the process, it was too late.

CBeyond's incompetency cost us over $50, 000 in advertising, since none of the viewers of the ad were able to get on the website it was advertising! To top it all off, when we spoke to a "supervisor" after the fact, their only response was "that's an unfortunate turn of events, but there's nothing we can do about it". THAT'S IT! Not even an offer to give us some credit on our rip-off, overpriced $2, 000/month phone bill.

AVOID CBEYOND LIKE THE BLACK PLAGUE.

Ke

Comments

• As
      22nd of Jan, 2010

Cbeyond has been way to expensive for me, they gave me a 13th month and 25mth addendum for me to cancel my service no questions asked and avoiding the termination fee. So I am on my 13th month and am going to cancel but here is the kicker they want me to pay them 495 which was the "waived" install fee plus 200 for each cell phone line(I had 2). This is in addition to a 500 promo discount I received when I signed on with them. Now wait I am not done...they initially wanted 595/month for my service but said they would discount it 105 each month to keep it more affordable for me(bringing the price down to 490each month). They never told me that if I cancel in my 13th month they will charge me 105 times 13 months. So in other words they want me to repay a total of $2360 just to cancel which was supposed to be a hassle free switch over. My advise to everyone...please please do not sign with Cbeyond. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [protected]@yahoo.com, I can explain their whole fee process to anyone willing to listen. I am an actual customer not an anonymous poster making up crap.

• Mu
      10th of Feb, 2010

Please contact [protected]@omnicureHomeHealth.com for possible class action law suit against CBeyond for false promises by the sales people and fraudulent business practice.