Castle Windows / Customer service and workmanship

Let me start by saying I love my window and door, it was a long time planning hopefully the quality will hold up.

The job started in June, we were told by the salesman and the gentlemen who came to measure, that it would be a one day job. Per the salesman, I needed to call and make an appointment for measurements to be done, when I called I was assured by an employee that they had all the measurements and I would be called when the windows were ready. The following Tuesday I arrived home from work to find a note that we had an appointment for measurements to be taken and no one was home. When I called to find out what was going on, the women I spoke with talked to me like I was a child and stated that "the girl I spoke with the week before made a mistake". At this point it was too late to cancel, my check had already been cashed, you only get 3 days to cancel.
The work began the end of June. We were informed when the workers first arrived, "this is not a one day job", as a matter of fact, they didn't even have the materials with them to complete the job. Was advised to call the following week to schedule for the work to be complete. Was told by staff, siding had to be ordered would be in by the end of the next week. After not hearing anything for two weeks, I called and was told siding was just ordered the day before and a manager would call me Monday to advise me as to what was going on. I called again the following Friday demanding to speak with a manager, after not receiving a call back, and was told siding would not be in for two more weeks. At this point we still had no inside walls. A week later my husband called and asked if the workers could come back and install the sheetrock, so we could put the inside back together while waiting on the siding. The next day the siding was in, so we made an appointment for the work to be completed, our appointment was for 9am-11am the following week. The day before we got a call, there was an issue, they moved the appointment to 2pm. Workers did not arrive till after 3pm, did call and advise us they would be late. After they left we noticed many issues: the siding was not the same, but blended ok. Spackle was every where, clumps on the new molding, on the wall, smeared on the floor. One seam around the window was taped the other three were not, some screw holes were covered some were not. Sheetrock was cracked in some areas or paper was ripped and not spackled. Molding around the door was put up crooked and only nailed in half way up the door on both sides. Sheetrock was cut short around outlets and clumps of spackle were put in to fill in the void. My husband told me to get them back to fix it, but I begged him to fix it just so I didn't have to deal with this company again. When he moved the molding the sheetrock underneath was cut short, the crooked molding covered it.
It was a very expensive job and we don't feel we got what we paid for.

Vi
Sep 14, 2016

Comments

16th of Jan, 2018

We purchased a sliding glass door about two years ago from Castles. Very pleased with the product. We did not expect them to hound us to death afterwords. We were put on the do not call list and in three days they called four times. This was from Mechanicsburg Pa. When we called the number they claimed it wasn't Castles. For this reason only I never will buy from them again.