Cash4Gold

1701 Blount Rd
Pompano Beach, Florida
Phone: 800-241-1811
www.cash4gold.com
We decided to use Cash4Gold after reading the great references cited on their website. We were going to sell our jewelry on craigslist.com but thought this sounded like a more effective way to maximize our profits. WHAT A JOKE! I finally received my check after weeks and weeks of waiting with no word and no confirmation that they even received my jewelry -- I feared it was gone for good. It might as well be lost! For a 14K gold bracelet that I was offered $75, $85, and $90 for on craigslist I received a whopping $4.73! I felt instantly sick and feared the worst.

For some small diamonds that they took our of a ring they paid me $0.21. Yes, that is twenty-one cents. Add in a 14k ring and pair of earrings and my total windfall was $7.51. I feel like I've been sucker punched and just hope someone reads this and saves themself the time, energy and agony of going through this process.

This is a scam people. I don't how they got Forbes and the BBB to endorse them -- perhaps they did a few good deals at first to get the recognition but now they are nothing but thieves.
Complaint comments Comments (210) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telemarketing

Comments

A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
DUH! who would be stupid enough to think this was legit in the first place. The low class commercial is the only clue necessary...geez.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
i saw a celebrity on the ad, i thought it was real!
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I CAN"T BELIEVE ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF THREE WOULD FALL FOR THIS CRAP.TO THOSE OF YOU THAT DO, SEND ME TEN DOLLARS AND I WILL MAKE SURE TO TURN YOUR ROLL OF TOILET PAPER INTO A ROLL OF HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS. WHERE IS THE FCC. ON THIS ?
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I painted my turds gold and got nothing, this is a rip off
oh yeah And I didn't want my product back I tell ya
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
what's really funny is that cash 4 gold ads are all over this page!

N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I did a street view and noticed the 1700 address next to them was a refiner. I would guess they were precious metals refiners that were smart enough to jump on the buy your old gold bandwagon before anybody else did. My guess is they probably used the address above the door of their second office in a two bay building. I have built precious metals refinerys and consulted for the industry in the late 70's and early 80's. What you have to realize is you will never get full value for your gold in this manner due to the fact that the business is going to lowball in order to protect themselves from the fluctuating prices. When I was in the business it ran around 25% under true value. That gave the refiner room for reasonable profit and fluctuating markets due to volatility. It does cost money to refine or smelt it. The refiner usually looks to move the metal to a bigger market player quickly usually at a 1-3% discount depending on business relationship. ( I sold mine for 1-1.5% under spot). They usually had a higher mark up market for it. They are obviously gouging, but be realistic people, when you see an infomercial for something like this or similar, how fair of a deal do you think you will really get??? I suspect some of you have also bought silver or gold plated (clad) state quarters too at absorbitant prices from that corny informercial thats on for the insomniacs late at night. Take it to a pawn shop that will give you a reasonable price for the gold that they will probably resell as jewelry which protects them from loss. They just have to pay upfront and hold it until they sell it. Not trying to justify what they do, but think before you act. Myslef, I would probably see if I could'nt sell it on ebay first for a decent price!
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -4 Votes
Anyone who falls for this kind of thing are he same ones that would order that male enhancment stuff. But look at all the idiots that voted for Obama! The world is a crazy place.
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
people u miss the point for the last 8 years stealing has ben part of the mind set of bussiness and the white house
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Are any of you thinking WHY the gov. is doing nothing ???

Maby cause THEY are opperating this scam????????

Everyone knows the end of the dollar is comming sooner than later. And most also know that the dollar is NO LONGER backed by gold.

So when the dollar ### the ONLY thing worth anything is going to be GOLD !!! this is not rocket sicence wake up and think.!!!
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Another part of the scam is that the Website [redacted].com extorts people like Cash4Gold to remove the negative comments for a fee of many thousands. [redacted] is also dishonest.
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
the pathetic part of this entire situation is that they received financing from a couple of venture capital funds. Some may say what's the big deal. Well here you go - venture capital funds receive investments from large institutions such as employee retirement funds, school endowments... so if you think about who is REALLY financing this it is "YOU" the people. Crazy, I know. But, reality that your hard earned money is helping this company scam YOU.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
/URL removed/?q5=Cash4Gold&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!

[redacted] musto fo gotten a payoff because all the compaints were removed and replaced with cash4gold plugs.
Check it out...[redacted] also praises the company bigtime saying "ANY BUSINESS THAT CAN ADMIT THEY MADE MISTAKES AND CORRECTS THOSE MISTAKES IS A BUSINESS YOU CAN TRUST"
I guess [redacted] is no longer a site to trust.
D  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
You know what pains me in reading this? How they do business is nothing different than a car dealership. You trade in your car and they give the bottom of the barrel price. Compared to putting a FOR SALE sign on it and letting it sit on your front yard, you get close to the price of it in NANDA. The biggest factor why people get scammed? Plain and simple...GREED. When a deal sounds too good to be true...shouldn't that pose a Big Red Flag? How about how many people got scammed because of that E-mail from Nigeria that a prince wants to transfer Millions of Dollars to your account, rings a bell? The only reason why they became a hit? Because of heavy commercial rotation and people are desperate for a quick cash in this day and age lousy economy.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I Melt my own, I'll melt yours too, you give me $10.00 and your gold and I take care of all of it, just once you sign on the dotted line, I can't give back your gold
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
It's just business, not a scam. You have the choice of "selling" your jewelry elsewhere. They are just very good at effectively marketing their business. Reaching lots of frankly, dumb folks. Besides, they are not buying your jewelry, they are buying the gold in it. Which could be a very small percentage of the total weight of the ring, bracelet etc. The weight of the gold in a ring is certainly not worth as much as a whole ring. Just like a pile of wood and bricks is not worth a much as a complete house. Buyer beware, but I don't fault Cash4Gold for finding a way to make money by exploiting the ignorant.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just got ripped off again, took my car to the repair shop to get the tires rotated and he took the car down the street and came back, charged me $20.00 a tire, He said he rotated them several times, and I should be good for a while, I asked him what exactly is " for a while " and he laughed at me, WHY
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
If you felt ripped off by cash4gold, what about the federal govt ? they just took us for $850 BILLION and are trying for another 800 Billion and we wont see a penny of it, BUT, Wait till it's time to pay it back !
that's 1.5 trillion dollars, and no one is telling us how much Interest is owed on that, Dump the dollar and buy gold, the dollar is worthless Good Night and GOOD LUCK, Hope you have a way to survive
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
You Americans just kill me with your pathetic crap.
Your entire, ignorant, population spends their days thinking (and spotting) that you are the leaders of the free word when, in fact, you are all the primary subjects of economic slavery.
It is due to your own ignorance and blind belief that you are the moral path for the rest of the world, that your business owners and uber-rich will achieve their goals and own you and your whole country on the journey to rule the world.
Laugh if you will, but the sobering reality of it is that most of you Americans couldn't possibly understand what is happening to you because your education system is so bad. Of course, this is in keeping with your government's plan (which is dictated by those same corporations and uber-rich) to keep you stupid so you can't perceive what they are up to.
It takes someone from another country (one with a real educational system) to enlighten you.
Be enlightened, do not trust business and do not trust government...you are but a disposable pawn in the corporatocracy's drive to enslave the country for their own goals - profit.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Well, let me be the first to throw out the Nazis and Hitler. Also, the word fascist must come up as well. I think I'll pepper in the word communist, liberal, conservative, and *ocracy, leader of the free world, fat Americans, general throwing around of stereotypes, some more innuendo and trolling.

Ah there we have it. Every ### nut post on the interwebs.

I say let's abort all the babies, maim the Jews, kill the whiteys, force sterilize all the poor people, eat meat, nah scratch that raw vegetables, nah carpeting, live in a log cabin and twiddle our thumbs.

Wooo.