Cash4Gold

1701 Blount Rd
Pompano Beach, Florida
Phone: 800-241-1811
www.cash4gold.com
We decided to use Cash4Gold after reading the great references cited on their website. We were going to sell our jewelry on craigslist.com but thought this sounded like a more effective way to maximize our profits. WHAT A JOKE! I finally received my check after weeks and weeks of waiting with no word and no confirmation that they even received my jewelry -- I feared it was gone for good. It might as well be lost! For a 14K gold bracelet that I was offered $75, $85, and $90 for on craigslist I received a whopping $4.73! I felt instantly sick and feared the worst.

For some small diamonds that they took our of a ring they paid me $0.21. Yes, that is twenty-one cents. Add in a 14k ring and pair of earrings and my total windfall was $7.51. I feel like I've been sucker punched and just hope someone reads this and saves themself the time, energy and agony of going through this process.

This is a scam people. I don't how they got Forbes and the BBB to endorse them -- perhaps they did a few good deals at first to get the recognition but now they are nothing but thieves.
Complaint comments Comments (210) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telemarketing

Comments

A  1st of Feb, 2009 by    +2 Votes
sad part is how many people have been had by this company and how the US government has no way to control this sort of scam, nor do they care to. As long as these scam artists pay their part of taxes then the government does not care. Sad really, not that people fall for this.. but that the very government that says it protects its citizens is the one that is fine with these commercials running on their airwaves. SICKENING!
N  1st of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
You have to keep in mind that these companies are paying you for the content of the scrap gold in your jewelry. So of course you may get more by selling it on ebay or craigslist because individuals are buying a piece of jewelry that has design value. Scrap gold will be much cheaper.

I had a great experience with http://LoveThatGold.com They pay more and use Fedex so everything is much faster. I think it's run by a couple of woman that are trying to offer a more ethical choice than the other.

Good luck.
D  1st of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
What do you people expect when you lazily let a buyer appraise your valuables? IF I'M SELLING SOMETHING VALUABLE I HAVE AT LEAST ENOUGH SENSE TO NOT LET THE POTENTIAL BUYER NAME THE BASE PRICE! Look, maybe Cash4Gold is being a little misleading but if you expect the first bid for something to be the highest or even acceptable (not likely) then you're seriously naive. I'll tell you where that expected extra money went-TO YOUR LAZY FUND! And, no, I really don't work for C4G. I just have a head on my shoulders!
A  1st of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
...I got an ad for Cash4Gold on this page. I just thought it was funny. Good write up
A  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    +3 Votes
Look people lets f**k with them.. send plastic stuff from vending machines. With a letter saying stop screwing people over.
N  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    +3 Votes
leo, I agree. They took "Miss Cleo" off the air for scamming people, why not cash4gold???
N  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Oh and better yet... type "1701 Blount Rd Pompano Beach, FL 33069" into google and click "street view." Thats the company address.
N  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I know exactly where that place is I lived in Pomano for 10 years..lol I was thinking of asking for a packet and filling it with some solid waste out of my toilet!!! See if they like that!!
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by    -3 Votes
THIS IS NOT A SCAM. Just because you send in a ring you got at Wal-Mart and didn't get a $800 to $1000 back doesn't mean it's a scam. It means you are a idiot for expecting to get rich quick. They are a business, which mean you won't get the exact worth of your gold down to the penny. They have to make a profit to.
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - they are claiming they do not have my shipment
cash4gold
Haskell
Oklahoma
Phone: 970-518-7385
rackley57@yahoo.com

On the 27th day of January, 2009. I sent cash 4 gold, a herringbone 26" men's chain and a 26" women's chain with a "L" charm on it to them. Both items are gold. The men's chain was very heavy. As of this morning they say they have not recieved these items. It has been 9 days. How can they have a high better business rating when they are ripping people off like they are. Both items were worth more than the $100.00 that they had of insurance on the package.

Linda Rackley
A  5th of Feb, 2009 by    -2 Votes
you gotta be a ### if your sending jewelery through the mail, you can never know what will happen.youll have better luck selling your stuff on the streets, im from miami and i know how to sell, and for the guy who worked there did they pay you good, did u quit or di u get fired?
A  5th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
They used our money to make this super bowl commercial.
They said my 14k ring wasn’t worth anything and gave me nothing. They are a rip off.

N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
i seen theese commercials and wounder why anyone would send gold in the mail to a new company that just seems like common sense to me.
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
That company is a real pisser. We should all ask for a refiner and mail them back rocks and pebble and sand. Let see how many millions of payments they could process.
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
sound like ### to me, i think the other poster had a good idea, everyone call them and put rocks in the refiners pack. hahaha
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I can understand both sides but I don't understand how ignorant some people can be. However, it is very ignorant to send in a $10k diamond ring thinking you're getting anything remotely what a pawn shop would give. They are not advertising that they will pay for what the ring is worth but what the GOLD is worth. It probably was worth $160 in gold. How can you compare a pawn show to this. Like one person said, it's just like recycling in your old cans. If i had a antique can worth $5k I would get more if I brought it into an antique store than if I brought it to my neighborhood recycling center.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
You deserve what you get, Stupid People how could you think this was legit, But if you did than so be it, BUT I have a great offer for YOU, There is a bridge, If you give me $1, 000, 000.00 I will let you stroll across, and somewhere near the center, I will allow you to take a dip in the cooling waters below, send your checks to po box 111 arkansas 12354 act now, be the first, tell your friends quick before this offer ends
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Can't believe anyone is dumb enough to think they were going to get a fair price in the first place
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Okay folks... Notice how the commercial features older folks and others that society may consider under priveleged? It's not like there are any celebreties or "rich" looking folks on it. And a "golden" throne? Did anyone see that commercial. It was as if C4G was making fun of its own users - those poor souls who are feeling the tightness of this economy and got swindled!

If everyone is so skeptical, why do scams like this continue to thrive? The more we get the word out the better off society will be by shutting them down via no profits!

God bless the brave soul who posted his work experience here. If there is even one grain of truth to it, that's one too much and this place deserves all the pressure to shut down that it is getting.
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
How could ANYONE send their valuables via mail like this to a company when they know absolutely nothing about them, have not seen the premises or met with a representative, have not had a referral from someone they know, etc.? You're almost asking to be ripped off.

The really silly thing is that anyone with old/broken jewelry or scrap gold can just got to a local jeweler (pick a neighborhood jeweler with a great reputation), get an honest appraisal of the value of their gold (minus the jeweler's fee, of course), and walk out with a check, cash or store credit the same day. And you aren't locked into anything and can always shop around for better deals. Almost all jewelers buy scrap gold these days because of the skyrocketing price of gold. Why not do business with someone you know and trust, who has a good reputation in the community?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree