Cash4Gold

1701 Blount Rd
Pompano Beach, Florida
Phone: 800-241-1811
www.cash4gold.com
We decided to use Cash4Gold after reading the great references cited on their website. We were going to sell our jewelry on craigslist.com but thought this sounded like a more effective way to maximize our profits. WHAT A JOKE! I finally received my check after weeks and weeks of waiting with no word and no confirmation that they even received my jewelry -- I feared it was gone for good. It might as well be lost! For a 14K gold bracelet that I was offered $75, $85, and $90 for on craigslist I received a whopping $4.73! I felt instantly sick and feared the worst.

For some small diamonds that they took our of a ring they paid me $0.21. Yes, that is twenty-one cents. Add in a 14k ring and pair of earrings and my total windfall was $7.51. I feel like I've been sucker punched and just hope someone reads this and saves themself the time, energy and agony of going through this process.

This is a scam people. I don't how they got Forbes and the BBB to endorse them -- perhaps they did a few good deals at first to get the recognition but now they are nothing but thieves.
Complaint comments Comments (210) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telemarketing

Comments

N  15th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent my jewelry to Cash4Gold on Saturday, Oct 4th. I called and they said they received my jewelry on Friday, Oct. 10th.(This is about right. I work for the USPS.) They told me my check would go out in Monday's mail. well, Monday was a Holiday.So I guess that means Tuesday's mail. here is a list of what I sent. 4-14K rings, 1-14K necklace, 2-10K rings, 2-10K bracelets, 1-10K pendant, 1- 24K necklace. Don't know the outcome yet, but after reading all of these comments I feel sick. I will defiinetly keep you guys posted.
N  23rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - What A Rip Off

On August 20, 2008 I sent to Cash4Gold their package they sent to me, to send in my jewlery. They garenteed that I would receive a sizable check within a few days. Needless to say they never received the package.
Now tell me with today USPostal Service HOW A PACKAGE can get lost?? Well, supposidly mine did. the tracking number they gave me is not the same as the Us Postal uses so there is no way to track my package. I sent in over $1, 000.00 worth of old and broken gold jewerly, and I received a phone call from them this morning telling me they will be sending me a check for $57.12.
They say they guarentee all packages for up too $100.00, so they are sending me a check for $57.12. I am so furious with them I will be looking into some sort of legal action. What ever you do, DO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR JEWERLY, IT IS NOTHING BUT A BIG FRAUD.
N  1st of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Due to several reasons the information has been removed
A  4th of Nov, 2008 by    +2 Votes
awsum write up. i could tell a rip off from the commercials, late at nite, etc... they offered me 25 bucks 4 a ring appraised at 2300 bucks, whats that about?
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Before you decide to do anything Cash4Gold related, read this:

I sent them 3 (THREE) wedding bands, all of which had diamonds in them. I got a check back for $16.10 (sixteen dollars and a dime). Then I got the flu and was sick for some time. Sent them back their check and told them NO DEAL. I was ### out of luck. You have 10 days to return the check after you receive it or you're out of luck.

DON'T DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY RIP YOU OFF!
N  7th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent my gold to cash4gold on November 1, 2008. It is now November 7, 2008. I called them and of course you can not get any one or leave a messege. I went on the website and was told they did not recieve my package yet. After reading all these complaints, my hopes has been let down a great deal. I guess I will have to wait to see what dollar amount they will send me. I will keep you posted.
A  7th of Nov, 2008 by    +2 Votes
i worked there also the facility is a warehouse that is not well kept and the area is not a safe location either go see it yourself people eat on the same area they worked but commission worked exactly how it was phrased above people have gotten fired for not making any extra cash for the company and i have witnessed testers getting sick there also
the best option is to go to a pawnshop and you get more or the same right away and they did admit to me that rip off websites have been bribed to remove complaints.
A  9th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with everyone 100%.Cash 4 Gold is the biggest ripoff around.I trusted them with my Sterling Silver, about a pound, and only recieved a check for $4.93.I wish I had found this site before I sent it off to them.I do wish something could be done about Cash 4 Gold.BIG RIPOFF!
A  10th of Nov, 2008 by    +3 Votes
I've read this blog about the Cash4Gold Scam. Sad to say, but I am one of their victims. I sent them diamond jewelries worth more than $10, 000 US Dollars. On top of that, they were all from my husband, which made them more valuable. They sent me a check worth $190 US Dollars. I thought that if they were joking, it was NOT funny all all! I called the customer service hotline and complained. They said they would add $300+ US Dollars, but of course I didn't accept it. They were willing to add more, because obviously they know my jewelries are worth a lot! I sent the check back as priority mail with delivery confirmation. I checked the status on USPS.com and it says it was delivered. They should be sending my jewelries back soon, but I am worried they might change the stones (VVS DIAMONDS) or pretend they mailed them, or say it got lost in the mail. In case I don't get my stuff back, I WILL SUE THEM!!! I have all the proof I need to put them down! Is anyone here willing to help me testify against Cash 4 Gold? Please click the link beside my user name (cash4gold victim) above and send me an email.
A  18th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent them a 14k gold wedding band and they sent me a check for $8.32. Gold was selling for $860/oz., so I sent their check back and requested my ring be returned. It is now nearly 3 months later, and I still have not received my property back!

So much for the "100% satisfaction guarantee"!!

I am contacting the U.S. Postal Inspector, the BBB, and whoever else I think might be able to shut these people down or get them to honor their agreements! This is nothing short of fraud and misrepresentation.

(Yeah - my bad for having trusted the "Fortune 500 Gold Medal" sticker on their website, and trusting that a company that advertises nationally would be reputable.)
A  19th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I mailed in my Cash4Gold and the company never received it. Thank goodness I took pictures of the jewerly I sent to them. I had to email them a notarized letter (which cost me $9) stating what was in the envelop. It is now in their Insurance Processing Claims and can take up to 30 days for a settlement. I don't know what the settlement will be, but will keep you posted. I wish I did some research on the web before I sent out my jewerly.
A  26th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I called that company progressive-environmental.com and got to their refining division. I got there name from this blog, so thanks. They said that they have been receiving calls from the Cash4Gold blog and can't believe that people are being cheated so bad. There are some good people out there who still have integrity. Save yourself some heartache. Call there precious metal division, deal with professionals and get a very fair return for your goods. I priced my gold items with two jewelers, a pawnshop and a local gold buyer and this progressive-environmental company beat them all by over 20%.

It's not their main business and they use the gold buying just for cash flow; How come no one has shut down cash4gold or there other rip off company, estate buyers.com. Wake up america there are crooks out there. A pretty commercial doesn't do it.

By the way, there number was given to me so I'm passing it forward...800-323-9785 ext 12 or progressive-environmental.com. Good luck!!!
A  28th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Did you all see Debroha Norville on Inside Edition? They showed what a ripoff Cash4Gold truly is. They got a F rating from the Gold Dealer Association of America. They offerered $200.00 to their seller when the jewelry was worth over $1200.00. They said they would double it to $400.00 if they would be quiet about the mistake, I guess. They called Cash4 Gold a ripoff company!!!
N  29th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Cash4gold.com is doing a valuable community service. Anyone stupid enough to send valuables to a stranger deserves to be violated. The next time they will actually use thier brain.
A  29th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
This was my first thought when I saw these ads. They make no mention of getting insurance on these shipments so things are going to get "lost" in the mail.
N  30th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - no money paid for my jewerly
cash4gold
po bx451
wheelwright
Phone: 606-452-2840

on 11-19-2008, sent 3 braclets 2rope, 1 link all 10k1wed band(man)size 10, 10k scrap 1 earring, broken man;ring with small diamond setting 10k, stated 24hrs service, tracking#c4go894826, keeps stating still in transit to them. i was a fool i never sent as confirmation of delivery, the ads read so honest...as of 11-30-2008 . nothing. really needed money for grandchildren christ-mas, i live on fixed income... guess there is nothing like an OLD FOOL.
N  30th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
How are you people so stupid? How on gods green earth can you sit there and watch an infomercial at 2am and think its a great idea? These companies appeal to the lowest common denominators...and guess what? You are it. You people send off your gold and silver to company you saw on TV during reruns of Cheers?

Anyway, if you would pay attention, you would see on their website that you have the option of refusing their check. And you can get your gold back. Guess what...when you refuse their offer to them via phone, they have an offer waiting for you to make you happy. Its how sales work. Call them back (for those of you that havent already cashed your pathetic check...you stupid stupid people) and tell them you are refusing their offer, they then will offer you a near market rate for your gold.

Stop being stupid. Or continue, it makes for amusing sundays while I read your pathetic cries.
A  30th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
i was thinking of sending them something i did not know how much it was worth but was going to take the risk but after reading this i won't.
N  1st of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent in two pocket watches, a gold ring, gold cufflinks, silver chains, silver tie tacks, silver jewelry box and they sent me $4.20!!!

They said they would turn it around fast.. it took weeks and then they would not give me an answer then they sent me this ridiculous check.

They are a fraud. This is a scam.

I hope no one else gets taken like I did.
A  4th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
OMG people dont tell me this. I sent them 7 ounces of 14K gold and it took over a week for them to say online that they got it. Now gold prices have been very high until like 2 days ago so i belive they waited till the prices started going down on purpose so they wouldnt have to pay out so much. Right now gold is at $729.00 a troy ounce. I did my research before ever sending them my gold. I also looked them up on Ripp off reprts too and it was all goood not like here. I know they have to make something out of it but what...they take it all is what it seems from what im reading here. You people are scaring me. This is a refinery and thats where you go not a jewlary store to sell or a pawn shop. Its a known fact you send your scrap gold and silver and stuff like that to the refinery. For what I sent I better get more than what you people are saying or I want all my stuff back. You people need to be putting these complaints on line as well to the site Ripp Off Reports too. I was lucky to find this place. Dang Im worried now. Like I said I did major research first and from what I sound out was they are a good company but now I dont know. Ill be back if all I get is nothing. My gold is 53 % good so with gold being high because the economy is so bad people should be getting more than what you guys are saying your getting. Well see Ill be back and let you know what I got.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree