Cash4Gold / misleading information about the company

1701 Blount Road Ste A
Pompano Beach
Phone: 800-241-1811
A note from the ceo of cash4gold.com

Hi, my name is jeff aronson. I am the ceo of cash4gold.com. I would like to share with you a couple of facts about my company.

This note is in response to a series of false and misleading claims recently published on this website by an anonymous person claiming to be a former employee of cash4gold. As you know, anyone can freely and anonymously publish anything on the web, regardless of whether it is true. Fortunately, a reputable company such as cash4gold can use that same freedom of expression to relay the truth about our business.

Many people first heard of cash4gold when we announced our plan to advertise in the super bowl® on nbc.

Cash4gold.com is a well-established, u. S.-based company with more than 300 employees and literally hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. We have paid out millions of dollars to regular people all over america in exchange for their valuable gold, platinum and silver items.

At cash4gold.com, we are proud of our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Here's how it works. You request our "refiner's kit" via the web or by phone. We mail the kit to you, and you use it to pack and send your valuable items to cash4gold. We prepay your shipping and insurance. When we receive your items, our experts promptly evaluate them. Then, cash4gold mails you a check.

If you are 100% satisfied with the amount of the check, you cash it, and your private, convenient transaction is complete. If you are not 100% satisfied with the amount of the check, you have 10 days to notify us. We will promptly return your items (Again at our expense) with no questions asked.

The entire cash4gold family is committed to helping people in financial need.in these turbulent economic times, we take very seriously the needs of our customers. For many of them, cash4gold is the difference between making ends meet and coming up short. We are honored to receive their trust and continued patronage.

If you have any questions about cash4gold, please visit our website at cash4gold.com, or send an e-mail to info@cash4gold.com to reach a member of our florida-based customer service team.

Thank you very much for your interest in cash4gold.com.

Jeff aronson
Ceo, cash4gold.com

D  2nd of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
You don't say 10 days from what? Is it the date on the check, which then spends how long in the mail?
D  2nd of Feb, 2009 by
N  2nd of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
The guy writes a response, and addresses none of what the former employee said. I'm going to have to side with the anonymous former employee and the thousands of critical reviews.. nice try J.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
You say that you will return my jewelry within 7 days but I did some research., How can you tell the value of my material if you don't melt and assay it.
N  7th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
If you didn't have unhappy customers, you wouldn't have complaints. It is not as if only one or two disatisfied, this is a SCAM!
And if you are really the CEO, why are you posting your info-mercial on a complaint site? Now I'm going to believe you over everyone else?
Nice try. The only one getting cash 4 gold is you.
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
What a joke! After reading what the former employee said really happens there, I couldn't believe how exact he was. That is exactly what happened to me. I'm not sure if that person was a former employee or not because I could of wrote the same thing after what happened to me, but either way, it sounds like it is happening a lot. I can not believe they are still advertising and people keep using them. They will eventually shut down, but they will have already made their millions and be long gone. They even had the balls to tell me that one of the necklace's I sent in had no traceable valueable material in it, even though it had 14k stamped on it. Then in on top of that, the jewerly they did say had value was stamped incorrectly and they could could not give me the true value. Are you serious? What a hoax!!! They need to be shut down!
D  10th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have noticed that the cash4gold complaints have almost disappeared. [redacted] is running their ads on their site with a disclaimer that cash4gold will do better in the future and has removed all cash4gold complaints from their site.

I will NOT take a chance that they have changed their evil ways.

The package is insured through themselves for up to $100.00.

If you send them more, they CAN claim it was lost (if they like the stuff you send) and send you something LESS than $100.00.

Do not pay any attention to their testimonials in their commercials. You can PAY anybody to say anything. In the past, their average payout was $20-$80, some as low as $0.03. Check prices locally before you send it to them and be prepared for disappointment.

Remember, DO NOT respond to ANY TV & Radio 800 number commercials.
N  12th of Feb, 2009 by
What the owner posted is a lie...he says at the end of the message, if you are not satisified with the amount, they will return your jewlery as he says *at our expense* again...not true...the legal wording on the site, says they will return it at YOUR expense for what it costs them to ship it to you and it is in legal print! What a lie...i am still waiting...it took over 9 days and now they say it is still processing. I have not heard by phone or gotten an e-mail with a quote. One is a sivler Figarro I wore once...2 months old...but still i am not surprised by what excuse or amount they quote me at...I just want my stuff back now...

N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Jeff Aronson is a con artist and rip off expert. he exploits the poor and indigent. he also has a laborynth of procedure around his so called Cash for Gold scam which doesn't allow for the equitable compensatiopn for peoples jewelry. he IS A CRIMINAL AND WILL BE DEALT WITH SDEVERLY - NOT BY COURTS, BUT BY THE PEOPLE HE HAS RIPPED OFF.

D  16th of Feb, 2009 by
N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
N  18th of Feb, 2009 by
Signed, mommy
N  27th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I think that it is sad that instead of correcting your mistakes and making changes within the company for the better, you write a response filled with more lies. I am the former employee who posted the complaint on https://www.complaintsboard.com, and until your company makes changes to better fairly serve the public, that complaint will stay posted. Your threats to sue me, mean nothing to me because everything that I have posted is factual and many of your own employees can testify to that. Since, I have posted the complaint, i have had many of your former customers as well as would have been future customers thank me for filling them in from my experiences with working for your company before they sent their items in. To have a customer be aware of how C4G operates was my main goal for posting the complaint, and your own customers have vouched on my behalf, pretty pathetic sir! So instead of covering up lies with more lies, just make the necessary changes that will allow your company to better serve the public. I am pretty sure that my comment will not remain on your site long, but you reading it is good enough for me.
A  1st of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I sent my pack in on 2/13/09 Still waiting on a check and it is 3/1/09. 24 hour processing my %*#@! Now when I finally do get a check, I hope not to be disappointed like the rest of you. Lets hope for their sake I am satisfied, Not only do I have network news contacts ie, nightline ABC News, but I have a few friends in Chicago who would like to take on the challenge and publicity to put this guy to bed. We'll know Monday. (That is when check should arrive)
D  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You're the person I spoke to within one day of receiving the check - asked for my jewelry back and was advised it had already been melted down and I couldn't get it back!!! You gave us $100 for what amounted to jewelry worth, at a fair price - over $1, 000. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and recommend all of you consumers do the same. To heck with the 100% satisfaction - that is not a true statement. Don't use this company!!!
D  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don't know what's bigger: the balls of this guy (and the ones on this site that defend his scam) or the idiocy of the people that send him gold.

Now, I hope the guy sending death threats achieves his goal for it is a worthy one. True, he could be prosecuted, but not if using say...a library computer. Hard to prove that one.

Perhaps the potential murderer can swing by www.ibuyoldgold.info and kill that guy too...if it were an actual site that was up and running. Google it. Maybe you'll find www.donpennington.info...which is also not up and running. Maybe Don Pennington is an asshat like the guy that runs c4g...probably, since the only people that would defend that jerkoff are birds of the same feather. Really, Donny...a 3 cent check for gold? Yeah, it's dumb to send stuff to a scammer like yourself and Mr. C4G, but even you have to admit that's pretty damn low, taking advantage of people who NEED money and have to cash in precious items that may just mean something to them so they can pay their bills for a month. Please go suck off a bull and get mad cow from the load he shoots in your mouth, k thx.
N  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
So, I put on my Indiana Jones hat and did some digging. Here's what I found:

- ''ibuyoldgold.info" is a man named Don Pennington from Pennsylvania. If you go to ibuyoldgold.info, you will be redirected to a site called associatedcontent.com, a site that PAYS people to write content for them. The so called "review" is little more than a commercial for Cash4Gold, not an honest review of the service. Here's an example:

"Wanna better option? Of course you do! Got any old, ugly, broken jewelry around your house? Of course you do! Wanna get paid top dollar for your scrap gold, silver, and platinum? Of course you do!! My friends at Cash4Gold.com have already helped thousands of good people just like you, through troubling financial times, and have paid out millions of dollars, to many who become regular customers. To be frank: You're just not gonna find a company that'll treat you better, answer all of you questions clearer, or pay you more, than Cash4Gold.com! Cash4Gold.com has been operating since 2001. They've since grown to being one of the largest, and most respected, precious metals refineries in the U.S., and they're the only precious metals refinery to be listed in "Inc. Magazine's" "500 Fastest-Growing Companies in America", for 2006 and 2007. And it's all based upon, fair dealings with sellers, honesty, and knock-your-socks-off service!"

Does that sound like an honest appraisal or a commercial?

This guy is a shill. A carnival barker.

- On this very forum, Pennington says he is a "former customer" yet in his commercial/review, he never once says anything about how much money he got or even if he actually ever used the service! COMPLETE ###!! Remember, Don Pennington is being PAID to write this, and I'll wager that he got more money for lying about the service than he would if had actually used it.

- Pennington is a sad and bitter divorcee who, according to his associatedcontent.com profile, has but one interest: "Winning my children back".
Sad, huh?
Well almost as sad as this, his bio: "I'm just another throw-away Dad tryin' to make the child support". Apparently making the child support includes writing almost 400 articles for associatedcontent.com. In fact, I encourage you to not go to that site, as he may get paid for every visit. I did it for research and part of me hopes he gets money to pay his support with, but you don't need to do it.

Don, you asked for this by coming here and insulting people that have a legitimate gripe against a scam just so you can generate traffic for your Internet paycheck machine. Get a real ###ing job, ###.

N  9th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Cash4Gold Complaints - Ripoff...
Review all Cash4Gold complaints
Posted: 2009-07-09 by lillllbit

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Gunnison, Colorado

I had seriously considered sending in my scrap gold jewelry to this company until I read the testimonials on this website. Thanks to everyone for the heads-up.

Here's what I did...I took my "Refiner's Gold Pack" and loaded it up with a bunch of old keys, about 60 cents worth of pennies, and a bunch of bottle caps and mailed it back to them with a note about their sorry business. At least they'll have to pay the postage for this slug package (I'm eager to see if they even say they received it, I'll check my "tracking number" in a few days, maybe two weeks...)! I'll let 'em have the sixty cents...If they're ripping people off this badly, they must need the money even more than I do. I'll just take my old jewelry to a jeweler or pawn shop. Once again, thanks to everybody here. I almost fell for it...
N  8th of Aug, 2009 by
I veronica am not satisfied with what you are paying me in return for what i sent you pleas return my jewels
A  12th of Nov, 2009 by
I sent 5 rings worth $1200 retail 10yrs ago to cash4gold and they sent me a check. I wasn't happy so I sent back the check. I called 14 days later and asked for my rings back. The rep said we still haven't received the check so I ask what can be done she said that she would cancel the check and send back my rings. I was happy with that until another Rep called me two days later and said I am sorry Mr. W We melted down your rings but take a check for $46.00 to instead of the $26.00 original check. I said that's BS and had no other choice but to take it. Two weeks later I got another check for $19.00 not $46.00. What can I do ? I called a Lawyer and I have the original papers from when I bought rings that tell the weight and Karat and the value of the diamonds that was not even close to what they valued it and I am planning to sue. If you have problems contact Better business bureau and search the web and tell your story so no one else can get scammed. One complaint makes a difference.

Cash4Gold Logo Cash4Gold