Posted:

never recived money or jewely back

p.o. box 668758
Pompano Beach, Florida
Phone: 1-954-260-7000
i sent gold jewelry to cash4gold in pompano beach Florida, i spoke to a lady and she said the at they received my package and the at she quoted me a price and told me my check was on its way and i should get it on Tues of thee 17the of July 2012 or on wed 18the July 2012 and on thee 20the of July someone called from cash4gold and i was not home and i have tried calling them back and the at has been 7days in a roll the at i have called all i get is a recording and no one answers the phone. when you ask about the returns if thee price isn't fair price they tell you they already melted it down, they also give a cost that's higher on thee phone and then calls back and gives a smaller amount. i took photos of thee jewelry i sent to them so i have prove that they are scams
i want see thee money or thee jewelry but i did report it took thee office of thee attorney general these people need to be stop now
Complaint comments Comments (41)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Comments

N  15th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - Fraud and scam
Florida
www.cash4gold.com

I saw Cash4Gold on TV and decided to send them a small piece of gold from a $3, 000. watch that I had made smaller several years ago. I was stunned to see that they not only graded it wrong but only gave me 65 cents for it. It also took way longer than what they said. I am very disappointed. Do not ever send your precious metals away for money. Sell locally so if you don't like the price it won't be a surprise and you can back out.
A  18th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I totally agree! PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR GOLD TO THIS RIP OFF PLACE! I sent it around of ounce of 14 k gold. Not to mention nearly a $1, 000 engagement ring. They gave me a wopping $17.61. There was a Italian (the real deal) 14K gold necklace included. I feel to betrayed. They are RIP OFFS!
N  31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - 1 month later still nothing
1701 Blount Rd.
Pompano Beach
Florida
Phone: 954-970-3222
cash4gold.com

sent gold 6-27-08 hear nothing . on7-15-08 i call they tell me gold was recieved on the 8th check sent on the 9th. asked that a new check be issued at that time . on 7-30 call back still nothing from them . they have no record of my first call. I would not recomend this company to my enemies.
N  17th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I knew it. My stepmother is a lawyer, and after seeing their commercial just one time, she mentioned that there are several ways they can scam anyone and get away with it. After reading so many reviews I've come to the conclusion that her prediction was right. I would not refer anyone to this company.
A  29th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Again I agree with the complaints. I sent several pieces in, received a call to agree to what they received and half of what I had put in the envolope they said was not there. I had sent a Panda Bear Coin Ring along with 9 other rings and they stated there was only one ring in the package. The ring they claimed was present was a small pinky ring with little value. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!
N  6th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - sent things to cash4gold nothing back
Connecticut
Phone: 18006087175
cash4gold.com

I sent rings and other broken things to cash4gold and they stated in three days I would receive acheck it is now going on three weeks and nothing. I called the number from TV and they gave me a number to some other place when I called it was Terminex pest control their number is 1-800-241-1811. I want a check or my stuff back in 1 to 3 days. Next step is to call the BBB
A  8th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
These people will not quote what percentage price of bullion they pay. More than likely they are paying 1% to 10% of the value. Big rip off.
A  8th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree DO NOT use this company you are better off going to a pawn shop or going to a local jewler who buys these type of items. I sent in quite a bit of gold including a bracelet which I bought myself and it was worth a few hundred dollars. In my settlement they said only 2 pieces were real and everything else was fake including the bracelet and they gave me a whopping 5.00!!! The woman I talked to said they would send me an additional check for 10.00 which after 3 weeks I still have not recieved! I should have gotten my jewlery back but seems I have in fact gotten scammed and only have 5.00 to show for it! Beware of this crap!
N  19th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - gold
mccarley
Mississippi

i just wanted to respond to the complaints i read about cash4gold as seen on tv. i saw this site that said the company was not on the up and up.just wanted to say glad i saw this before i sent them my gold.thanks everyone. i have agold tooth! and an antique bulova watch and several more items.doe anyone know of a reputable place on the internet ? thanks
N  23rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Try Gold Fellow... They post what they pay, as per the London closing evryday...
N  10th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - silver
Tennessee

I agree with everyone else about CASH4GOLD.COM, they are a BIG RIPOFF!!! I sent in some scrap and 1 ounce of silver and after 2 -3 weeks, recieved a check for only $4.48.Here in Tennessee, I can get up to $10.00 for 1 ounce of siver.I thought CASH4GOLD would just be easier and a reliable company, NOT!!! Please think about it before you try this option...CASH4GOLD!!! NOT!!!
A  27th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have never used Cash4Gold to sell gold nor will I ever do so. As soon as I went on their web page and could not find any information about what they paid I knew it was a scam! One person said they got $10.00 for 10 grams of 1ok gold. Well folks that's only $1.00 a gram. I'm here to tell you I would love to get 10k gold at that price. If you have gold to sell do your self a favor and sell it on eBay like I do.
N  28th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - NO FUNDS
CASH4GOLD

I RECENTLY SENT A FEW PIECES OF COLD AND A STERLING SILVER BRACELET AND ONE PEARL ON DEC.19TH 2008 AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED AND FUNDS FROM CASH4GOLD AND THE ADVERTISEMENT SAYS THEY SEND MONEY WITHIN 24HRS. I AM VERY UPSET TODAYS DATE IT DEC.28TH 2008 I AM GOING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT CASH4GOLD HAS A FALSE ADAN LOZOYA VERTISEMENT AND I AM GOING TO PERSUE A LAW SUIT FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.
ADAN L. 310-901-4094
A  4th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
So sorry to hear you di d not get your items back. Be sure to file a complaint with your local BBB and also write a letter to the district attorney for the state their business is registered in. Basically you just want your items back. If enough complaints are filed eventually they can be stopped and required to return all goods sent to them. Good luck and hope they get what they deserve.

Mel
N  2nd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Cash4Gold - I got ripped off
Cash4Gold

I sent my jewelry to Cash4Gold and never got a response. I checked my tracking number and it says it is still being processed. It's been 2 weeks!
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Report this to the Consumer Protection Department through your State Attorney General's office - much more effective than BBB. Filing a formal, written complaint is much more likely to bring action against unscrupulous businesses and protect consumers.
N  6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
As a jeweler it is unfortunate to see so many people apparently taken advantage of. I already knew this was happening as another jeweler on a newsgroup I belong to had sent some gold in to Cash4gold to see what they got paid and reported on the absurdly low amounts they paid. However, here are the things you have to remember whenever or wherever you're selling your gold. 1) Gold is weighed in troy ounces not avoir ounces. Your scales at home all weigh in avoir ounces so their weights and yours will not agree. 2) Gold that is 14k is only 58.5% pure gold (18k is 75%, 10 kt is 41.6%) so when you see that the price of gold is $900/oz (as it is currently) a one ounce piece of 14k gold is NOT worth $900 but only about $525. 3) Everyone in the process has to make some money. No one works for free. So if you go to a local jeweler with that 1 ounce of 14k he's not going to give you $525. He's going to pay you less because a) there is always a small amount of loss involved in the refining process, b) he has to pay to ship the stuff to a refiner, c) the refiner has to make a profit on their operation, d) the price of gold may not be the same on the day the refiner gets it (it could be higher or lower so he needs a cushion), e) occasionally even with tests some jewelers get fooled by the actual gold content so he needs a cushion built into all of his purchases for that and f) he has to make some money on the deal so that he stays in business. So at today's gold prices a reasonable amount to expect on that 1 ounce of 14k gold is about $300/oz. If you get someone to pay closer to $400/oz you're probably doing really well. But you have to really spend the time to figure out what you have and what it's ACTUAL worth is. That means you have to weigh it properly (there are charts to convert weights from avoir to troy ounces), use the formulas to figure out how much PURE gold you actually have, and remember that everyone who is in business has to make some money to stay in business. None of this means that I think Cash4Gold is a good business to send your refining to. I think they are probably one of the last options you should pursue. But I also think that no one who is only on the internet or who you are only working through the mail with is going to be a good bet. Go to your local jewelers or pawnbrokers (go to 2-3 if you want to get a really good idea of what it's worth) and use them. Buy local. Shop local. It is almost invariably your best bet. I'm printing my full name here but I do NOT buy gold from anyone so please don't email to ask me if I do. I'm just a jeweler who believes that honesty in my business is the cornerstone to a successful operation and that consumers have the right to full disclosure in all of their transactions in the jewelry industry.
Daniel R. Spirer, G.G.
Daniel R. Spirer Jewelers, LLC
N  8th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am investigating a possible class action lawsuit against them. Feel free to e-mail me at: cash4goldscam@gmail.com
A  9th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yeah, watch these companies. Never believe their advertisements. Well, this company will get what's coming to them. I was once scammed by Rent-A-Center and they got in trouble, and I got a $700 check back from them from their rip-off. Cash4Gold could get into the same situation.
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Totally agree. We sent in a lot of gold jewelry for cash - priced new it was close to $1, 000. We received a check for $106.00. When we complained and asked for our jewelry back, they said it was too late - it had already been melted down. I did review the Better Business Bureau prior to sending in the gold jewelry and they had a very good rating. Instead of posting on this board, I highly suggest you submit your concerns to the BBB so that this company will be unable to continue to rip off people. Lesson learned!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree