Cash For Laptops / Not paid the money promised

Aug 2, 2015
When I had my laptop appraised on https://www.cashforlaptops.com/ about 2 months ago, I was informed that I was to receive $100 in my checking account for sending in my old laptop. The company did allow for the contingency that I might be paid less if they found my actual laptop--once received--not to be worth the appraised value of $100. However, the website also made explicit that if this were to be the case, I would be informed BEFORE they would send me a sum below the originally proposed amount. Once informed about the possibly lower price, I would be able to choose whether I would agree to the lower price OR receive my laptop back. Having been given my original quote, I received a shipping box from the company and, accordingly, sent in my laptop. 5 weeks later, I finally received a payment. Unfortunately, not $100, however, but $20! I tried calling the company on several occasions, left voice messages, etc. but I never heard back and am yet to receive any kind of explanation as to why I only received 20% of the promised amount. I haven't even received an official bill. Very disappointed for this company clearly scammed me.

CashForLaptops.com Logo CashForLaptops.com