CashForLaptops.com Logo

CashForLaptops.com

Having problems with CashForLaptops.com?

84 Coney Island Dr
Sparks, Nevada
United States - 89431-6335

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CashForLaptops.com.

Complaints & Reviews

Cash For Laptopslaptop

[protected] trucking number ng laptop n pinadala ko sa lbc nabua camarines sur bago nakarating don sa mr ko umabot ng 8days then may damage pa ang laptop. Ang gusto namin ngayon mangyari bayaran nila ang laptop sa kahihinyan ginawa nila pag tinatawagan ang lbc nabua camarines sur pinapatayan lang kami ng tawag..
Ilang buwan na ang nakalipas hiningian lang kami ng complaint letter at mga picture ng nadamage na laptop pero wala naman nangyari..
Contact number ko [protected]

CashforLaptops.comPayment not received

I was quited a price for selling an old Iphone 6. Whenever they received the phone, the said they could only offer me 25% of the price quoted. I declined this offer and asked for my device back. However, they said I already agreed to the Terms and Condition and they would not refund my device. I try to call once a day during business hours and they never answer. I email them and they do not reply. It has been over one month and I have not received the minuscule payment after the amended first offer.

Sandy Summitt Oct 19, 2016

I sent 2 HTCMOne9 that were in very good condition on 09/22/2016 and today is 10/19/2016. I call the number and it always says calling outside of office hours and have yet to talk to anyone. I have sent numerous emails asking for a status. They sent me the free shipping box which I returned both phones. As of today, I have heard nothing from this company. This company is a SCAM!!!

Cash For LaptopsIt's a scam

I sent my Dell laptop which was in working condition but I was not using it so I thought I would recycle and get some money. I sent my laptop with the prepaid package they had sent. I got a confirmation email when they received my laptop. But I never got my money. When ever I call them I get automated response saying I am calling during outside business hours. I didn't get response to the emails. They are scam don't attempt to deal with them. I donated my laptop to them for not anything good.

• cheryboo Jun 22, 2017

This exact thing happen to me with them and I sent them a brand new laptop with there prepaid package and there phone recording was the same as you got and now there website is down...how do we go about getting our stuff back? Is there a lawsuit going on?

Cash For LaptopsUnethical Behaviour

I was searching for a place to sell my laptop and the best quote I received was from cashforlaptops.com for $700. I used my own packaging and sent in the laptop on May 27th, a Friday. I received notification via e-mail on 5/28/16 at 5:39am that they had received confirmation of my shipment. The package was being sent via newgistics not USPS. After 1 week of waiting for the confirmation that the package had been delivered I had to contact cashforlaptops and tried to contact newgistics via e-mail to inquire as to where my package was (June 3rd initial e-mail). I had also completed a search for reviews for both companies (I know I should have done this prior to sending in my laptop, but it was too late now) and had found many complaints of unethical behaviour for both. I received a failure notice for the newgistics e-mail and was never able to contact them. Cash for laptops did respond but it took 4 days for a confirmation that my package was in transit (June 7). I contacted them again to find out where my package was and on June 9th I received notification that newgistics had updated their information as my package was delivered but cash for laptops would not confirm delivery until they had a chance to go through the packages and scan the package in. Amazingly on June 10th I received confirmation that the package was received. Again I waited 5 days to receive an e-mail that they had completed their inspection and what my offer was going to be. I contacted them again via e-mail on June 15th and they responded that the inspection of my device had been completed and I needed to call them as there were a few options for how to proceed. When I got a hold of someone I was told that they had completed the inspections of the two cell phones that I had sent to them so that they could dispose of them as I knew they had no value to them. I asked what about the laptop and was told that they were still inspecting the laptop. Amazing, again, after contacting them the very next day, June 16th at 7:30 pm I received confirmation that they had completed their inspection of my device and the offer was for much less than $700 - it was for $101. It did not state anything about contacting them, just that after 5 days they'd be sending the payment to my paypal account. It is now June 27th, 11days later, and I still don't have payment. I have contacted them again and will await another answer. Do not do business with this company, it is not an ethical company and should be avoided. Learn from the mistakes of others.

CashforLaptops.com — Macbook Pro circa 2009

I was quoted $275 on their site Aug 2015, sent in a perfect computer with zero scratches or defects and then...

Cash For LaptopsNot paid the money promised

When I had my laptop appraised on https://www.cashforlaptops.com/ about 2 months ago, I was informed that I was to receive $100 in my checking account for sending in my old laptop. The company did allow for the contingency that I might be paid less if they found my actual laptop--once received--not to be worth the appraised value of $100. However, the website also made explicit that if this were to be the case, I would be informed BEFORE they would send me a sum below the originally proposed amount. Once informed about the possibly lower price, I would be able to choose whether I would agree to the lower price OR receive my laptop back. Having been given my original quote, I received a shipping box from the company and, accordingly, sent in my laptop. 5 weeks later, I finally received a payment. Unfortunately, not $100, however, but $20! I tried calling the company on several occasions, left voice messages, etc. but I never heard back and am yet to receive any kind of explanation as to why I only received 20% of the promised amount. I haven't even received an official bill. Very disappointed for this company clearly scammed me.

Cash For LaptopsBait and swith pricing

I have two cell phones in perfect condition; the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy Note 4. Per the website I was offered a little over 450.00 for both phones. I agreed to that even though I had just paid 500.00 for the Note alone. So I sent my phones in. I received an email with the offer of 10.00 for the iPhone 5 and 68.00 for the Galaxy Note 4. Totally unacceptable. I called to get my phones back and was subjected, nearly bullied, into taking another price; 30.00 for the iPhone 5 and 200.00 for the Galaxy Note 4. Still totally unacceptable as I can sell either phone by myself right now for much more than that. Then I had to listen to how my phones are dropping in value every day. Also she pointed out there was 'damage' on both phones. They were in pristine condition when I sent them in. I again demanded my phones be sent back to me asap and I'm going to be really teed off if they are damaged. I will never, ever deal with these charlatans again. Stay away from them! I didn't listen to all the other complaints about them, thinking I would be ok because my phones were in perfect condition. NOT. Stay away from these people.

Cash For LaptopsRipped Off

I owned an Asus X551 Laptop that crashed hard. It turned on and would attempt to reboot but I was unable to restore it to any kind of working condition. The Cash for Laptops website appraised my laptop at $130 which I fully expected to turn out to be closer to $100 once they got an actual look at it. They gave me $17. I didn't contest or question the amount because I didn't know about it until long after it was deposited into my PayPal account. The email notifying me of the payment was sent under a pseudonym so I never noticed it.
              When I did call in to ask about the status of my laptop I was told I was paid the $17. When I asked about why the amount was so small I was told it would not power on. This was, of course, a lie and I asked to have my laptop returned to me so I could recycle it through a reputable dealer. Apparently I missed the 5-day deadline though and my laptop got recycled by a third party.
              The laptop was in nearly-new shape and I had only had it for a little over a year. It was worth much more than the petty sum they threw down at me. This company is not trustworthy. They will lie to you on their website to trick you into sending them your goods then lie to you about why they ripped you off in appraising them. They make money off of abusing the trust of their customers. Do not use them.

CashforLaptops.comLost Package/No insurance

I had contacted cashforlaptops to sell my iphone5s after they quoted me i agree and they sent me the box and label so i can send it to them, i went ahead and had the united states postal office pick up the package at my house. The package was pick up by th post man on may 6 2015 after 3 weeks i contacted cash of laptops to ask for the status of my phone they stated that they never receive the phone and gave me the tracking number so i could check with the usps. I check with the post office they did a search and found out the the package was receive at my local post office and from there it was sent to the main post office in Orlando fl, after that it departed the Orlando Fl post office the package disappeared. the usps started a claim on the package and told me i had to call back in 30 days. Well this past Sunday the 30 days was up the post office found out that the package was never insured and that they would not cover the claim . I called cashforlaptops back and i was told that they would not cover the phone and it was up to me and the post office, even though it was there box and there label so i was never given the opportunity to buy insurance. Now thanks to cashforlaptops im out of $500 dollars for a iphone5s and also the united states postal service wont even do an investigation on my package when it is clearly that the phone was stole while it was in there car, Nice to now that they have thieves working for them and they don't care, And to cashforlaptops thanks for screwing me i will make sure that none one of my friend will used your company.

Cash For LaptopsOnce they get your stuff, they will low-ball you and try to rip you off

They will lure you with high bids. Once they get your stuff, they will low-ball you and try to rip you off. They quoted me a price of $180 for my Dell Laptop in excellent condition. I sent my l to them laptop. I figured it was worth to get this amount quickly as compared to getting a bit more after fees through eBay. I would say that this laptop was in excellent condition. The first thing that put me on suspicion was that their procedure to send an email after receiving and inspecting your device. Also, someone would call to offer you their price rather than just confirming in an email the amount quoted. I actually received two of these emails without anyone calling me. I had to call cashforlaptops. When I spoke with a rep, I was told that my device had light scratches. They could offer me $120. I replied that I wanted my device back. He put me on hold and came back with $140. I again said no and asked for return of the device. I then got an email saying that there would be no further negotiation. I replied that I rejected this offer and I wanted my device return with no further delay and finally got confirmation that it was shipped. This course of conduct demonstrates that this company has no intention of paying the amount they quote you, regardless of condition. Moreover, their lowball offer and multiple increased offers show just how non-reliable they are.
                  STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A TOTAL FRAUD AND RIP YOU OFF!!

CashforlaptopsCash For Laptops: They refused to return my phone

The company quoted me $350.00 for my Samsung phone, which I sent to them the same day. By the time they got back to me, they changed the offer to $195.00. I asked them to send my device back, but their purchasing department refused to do so. The lady in their purchasing dept started giving me lame excuses that my device’s condition is not good and that it had scratches on the screen. As far as I know, my phone was working perfectly fine when I sent it to them! It certainly did not have any scratches then! After a really long discussion, they offered me $60 more and I accepted their offer. They don’t know much about their business and they most definitely managed to waste my time.

CashforlaptopsA quote of $74 ended up being $54: Cashforlaptops

I was quoted $74.00 for my used phone by Cashforlaptops. I was informed in an email that I will be receiving a confirmation email following the inspection of my phone, which will also state the new offer price. Moreover, I was told that I had the ability to accept or reject that price and get my phone back if I wanted to. Then, one day out of the blue, I received an email saying that a payment had been processed and that it's on the way. Naturally, I assumed it was for the quoted $74.00 price or something close to that amount. I was shocked to receive a check today for $54.00.When I called, I was asked to stay on hold for a bit, then got transferred to the purchasing department. Luckily, my hold time was nothing like some of what the other reviewers have experienced. I was on hold for maybe 10 minutes, give or take a couple of minutes. I talked to the manager directly and requested her to send my phone back. She said that she can’t do anything about my phone as it has already been processed for recycling. By the end of it, I was left with no option, but to accept their offer. I would’ve been much happier if I had got my phone back.

CashforlaptopsCash For Laptops needs better system

I sent 2 samsung galaxy's to Cashforlaptops, back at the start of November and still not recieved payment can't seem to contact then as emails bounce back and can't get the phone number. Don't know what to do next any info would be grateful. Don't use this company

• Br
                            Brianamcowen May 08, 2015

The company quoted me $55 for my laptop that would not power on. They sent me a box with all needed packing material and a prepaid shipping label for me to send my laptop to them with. Within a few days of them receiving it I got a $55 deposit into my paypal account. I didn't have to pay for shipping or any other fees. I recommend to anyone who has a laptop that is just taking up space.

• Cu
                            Curtbonebright May 14, 2015

Do not trust Cashforlaptops.com . I was originally quoted $205 online and after trusting their process and sending them my iphone, they sent me a check for $110! I contacted their customer service, but the uncooperative woman gave me useless excuses to justify their quoted amount. After a really long telephone conversation, they offered me $20 more. Being absolutely annoyed and frustrated with their service, I accepted their new offer. But I would suggest to everyone not to waste their time with this website!

CashforlaptopsCashforlaptops, ecycleBest, cashforiphones, laptop and desktop repair, cashforberrys don't pay full value

Cashforlaptops gave me an online quote of $203 for two iPhone 4S phones. They sent me a box and as directed, I mailed the two phones to them. A week later, I received an email saying their technicians decided they would pay $101 in total for the two phones and a check was in the mail. I called and asked them to cancel the check and return my phones because I had higher local offers. They would not.

I believe they are running a scam by offering high quotes and sending a much lower check before anyone can stop them. I highly recommend no one use this cashforlaptops website.

Cash For LaptopsTheft by Deception

This is a follow up to my complaint about Cash For Laptops doing business out of Nevada, this is an email I received from the States Attorney General Office, you can call them for a complaint form:
                            Thank you for contacting the office of the Nevada Attorney General regarding this matter. Attached is a complaint form. Please complete this form and mail the original back to this office by US mail. Because of Nevada court decisions, this office cannot act unless it has an original signed sworn complaint. Please do not fax or email the form back to this office. In addition please provide copies of any documents emails or other communications with Laptop and Desktop Repair LLC dba Cash for Laptops, eCyclebest etc. Please remember that this office represents the State of Nevada, not individual citizens. Our focus is to stop further deceptive trade practices. If you wish to obtain personal relief, you might try a small claims court action. If you have problems opening or printing the above form, please call me I will send you a form by US mail. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

John McGlamery
                            Senior Deputy Attorney General
                            100 North Carson Street
                            Carson City, NV 89701

[protected]

Cash For Laptops / eCycleBestSell my IPad2

I sent my IPad2 to Cash For Laptops as they quoted me $173...a perfectly mint condition IPad2 in original box with power cord on 3/13. On 3/19 I got an email from "Brian" that they received my IPad and that "Your device will be inspected by one of our expert technicians to determine its final value. Please watch for the inspection complete email soon."

I hear nothing from them, so on 3/23 I email them and ask for any updates as surely they've looked at it by now and I get a response email that again they have "received my device will be inspected by one of our expert technicians to determine its final value. Please watch for the inspection complete email soon."

Shortly after that email I get another one from "Peter" with Good News: After carefully inspecting your device by hand, seeing its condition, and following up-to-the-minute market conditions—you’re owed $24 for the device.

WHAT!? Are you kidding me?... I email them again and tell them that I do not accept their offer of a pissy $24 and want them to send me my IPad back immediately.

On 3/24 I email them AGAIN and demand them send me my IPad back and that I do not accept their offer. To which I get a response from "Denise" ... "I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the offer you received for your device. We want to make sure you become a satisfied customer and so I would like to direct you to our Purchasing department so they can better assist you with this situation." Of course it's after their hours stated for me to call them right then and there so I send them yet another email that I do not accept their offer and want them to send me my IPad back now!

On 3/26 I email them yet again to send me back my IPad and also try and call them to which I get placed on hold...actually on forget...hang up, call again and get recorded high volume of calls please call back run around. I then receive and email from them that day stating "Thank you for your email. I understand you would like to have your device returned. All returns must be requested over the phone with our purchasing department not through emails. Please contact our Purchasing department at [protected]. Mon-Fri 6am-4PM"...And of course, I get this after their hours for calls has past!

3/27... I call and get the run around again, left on hold (forget) and when I do get a person and I am quite angry at this point I keep getting cut off by them and every time I tell them to just send me back my IPad I get told to not cut HER off and that I'll be put on hold...again, she tries to read me some BS line about calling to request my IPAd back and then when I tell her that's what I'm doing she gets curt again and says she'll transfer me to someone who can help me...which she doesn't, and I have to call them back AGAIN!

I call them 5 times before I actually get to someone who actually acts as if they know whats going on and is there to "help" just to be told that I called them TOO LATE and that my IPad was already recycled and that per the contract I agreed to when I sent my IPad to them I had 3 days to tell them By Phone ONLY after receiving my quote that I wanted my IPad back... ARE YOU [censored]NG Kidding Me right now!?!?

The girl on the phone then says the best she can do is give me $50 for my IPad and nothing more to which I try and demand my IPad back again and said that if she didn't that I'd go on every media outlet to let everyone know their company is a bunch of thieves to which she then says well, then I can't give you $50 and only the original $24 and hang up... WTH...to which I reply (as clearly they have stolen my IPad and I'm not getting it back) give me the $50 and I'll just drop it, to which she agreed.

I never clarified what I would drop...so I do not care if they see this and I will make sure SO MANY more people do as well!!

Cash For LaptopsLow ball

In regards of Cash for Laptops. com I can only say... if it sounds to good...
                                I have several electronics laying around, I decided to try a
                                nd give it a shot with an iPhone 5 screen was cracked so estimate was around 150, later, i received an email stating that value was zero as device was locked, I followed instructions to unlock it and informed them, a few days later I received an email that it was going to be $11.00... YES $11.00 for an iPhone 5! I called but was unable to go through until today... then they told me it was too late and it was already processed... upon insistence and knowing you are bound to tHEIR conditions I got an addendum for a total of $30 so, it is up to you if you want to send your device or not... I could have replace the screen w/ digitizer for 48 dollars (I did that to my other iPhone) but this time it is too late.

CashforlaptopsBait and Switch

I had high hopes for Cash for Laptops, however, was subjected to a bait and switch style transaction. I submitted the specs of my used MacBook Pro and was given a quote of $212. I agreed to the quote and sent my laptop in only to receive an email notifying me that they would pay me $12. I contacted customer support and was told that my optical drive (disc drive) wasn't working - it was when I sent it and that the quote was for a laptop in mint condition. Please, they are buying used laptops! Mine has been well cared for and had only slight signs of wear.

Customer support then tried to haggle me over the price and came back with several higher offers up to the final offer of $70. I asked that they return my laptop as it was easy to see that they were lying to me about the condition of my laptop and try to get you to agree to a lesser amount since they have you laptop.

I finally received my laptop today and was able to confirm that my optic drive does in deed work.

Deceptive company with cheap tactics to make a buck!

Cash For Laptops or I phonesThey lie about what they will pay you .

I was trying to find the best price to sell my I Phone 5 on line, Cash For IPhones web site popped up and after entering the information about my phone I was shipped a mailing label. When they finely responded back to me It was to tell me my 35 dollars for my phone was on its way. I first emailed them saying I wanted my phone back. I was emailed back saying I have to request that by phone and that lead to 5 phone calls that were 5 minutes to answer followed by "oh you'll have to talk to these other people" followed by were busy so after a ten minute hold being hung up on. This went on for two days when I finely got thru I was told the original price was an estimate and it was to late to get my phone back because I did not request it to be returned in three days, from the first email 2/6/15 until today 2/18/15 was how long it took to get thru to these people to be told to bad you only had three days. Of course the final words from them were to click. I was robbed and they did it thru the mail next step is contacting the postal inspectors to see if
                                    this is mail fraud. Warning do not deal with these people.

cashforlaptops.comBait and switch

I used their website, value stated was $107 for my iPhone 4S.
                                      They sent the shipping box and I remitted my phone. A week later I received an email stating the value was $15.
                                      There was nothing non operational on the phone, the body and the screen were both flawless without any scratches.
                                      I emailed in return that I reject their offer and wish to have my phone returned. I have also called their [protected] number to get assistance. The customer service folks there will not speak to me, and immediately transfer me to their purchasing department for further discussion. That transfer never goes through, holding on the line for 15minutes and then drops the call.
                                      So, my phone is STOLEN unless it is returned. I intend to report that they have done so to authorities and see if I gain any action for return of the phone.
                                      This is unbelievable behavior, and these appear to be scam artists.
                                      Recommend not doing business with them, period.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices