Cash 4 Gold

4.1
Cash 4 Gold
Florida
cash4gold.com
IT'S A SCAM!!! I gathered all my old gold jewlery, 13 pieces. Mailed them in a envelope that i was told was insured. Two days later i found all this negative information on the internet about cash 4 gold. Four weeks later i was living the nightmare stories i read on the internet. The package i was told was insured, it was but only for $100, i had over $2000 worth of jewlery in that package. Like many of the stories on the net my package came up missing and the company wanted to instantly send me my $100 insurance claim. They told me they would intiate an investigation with the United Postal Service. Two weeks later i found out they didn't, so I did. I was told by my local postal service to contact thePostal Inspector who informed me that my missing package to this company is one of SEVERAL just from my state alone. The larger valued packages are being stolen. an investigation is on going. So for over $2000.00 worth of jewelry i am going to end up with $100. After all the complaints and negative info i have uncovered about this company, i don't understand how they they have not been investigated and shut down.
Complaint comments Comments (206) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

A  30th of Jan, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I think more people should start sending these Son's a B***h plated bolts nuts & screws, spray painted GLD & SLV. dipped in dog sh*t... Ca$h-4-$hit
N  11th of Mar, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I started up a site dedicated to keep this information alive. /URL temporarily removed/
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by    +3 Votes
Ive actually known this for quite a while. I work in the same kind of business with friends of mine. From the very start we had customers that came in with their horror stories of cash for gold. To tell you all the truth friends, your best bet for making the most money for your jewelry and other things is to shop around. No one place is really better than the other for the most part. I can honestly say that our prices are higher than most any others right of the bat. Most competitors will match, or go over our prices, but usually start lower. An honest buyer will give you their best price first. The best thing you can do is ask questions: What measurement of weight are you going by? How much per increment are you paying? Are you paying for stones, and How much if so? When jewelry first came to really be a popular item in the middle class, all jewelers measured precious metals by the pennyweight (dwt), which there are 20 dwt in an ounce. Now a days most buyers, especially in the south, try to buy by the gram. This is ok too, but you have to be sure that they are weighing your jewelry correctly. When I get into an area to buy, the first thing I do is check my competition. It is very common to hear a jeweler say "There are 26, 28, 29, or 30 point something grams in an ounce. In fact, there are 31.2 grams in one troy ounce of anything pure. The best thing you can do when you are selling anything is "BE EDUCATED ON WHAT YOU HAVE!" If you have some rings, necklaces, bracelets, whatever, you have to know what you have. Here are some questions to ask yourself: What karat do I have? How much weight is here? What weights do buyers go by? How much is gold going per ounce online? What is the purity of the gold in my jewelry? What stones do I have? Is this a brand name, or designer jewelry? There is much more you can come up with. Remember that you can always so "No", and also reserve the right to shop around.
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I am investigating Cash4Gold. Please e-mail me if they've harmed you!
cash4goldscam@gmail.com
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by    +2 Votes
you should never fall for a scam like that, but there are people out there who believe that the party that they are sending there gold to is a honest business, i personally just take my gold down to bank st pawn in new london ct 06320 where they test it and weight right in front of you and then you have the option to either except the offer are to refuse the offer.
A  3rd of Mar, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I just hate the old lady in the commercial " I never knew my gold jewelry was worth so much money"...I just want to kick her in her old face!
N  1st of Apr, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I am very upset with CASH 4 GOLD. I sent my items and recieve a check for $0.06. ARE YOU KIDDING ME 6 CENTS. I was pissed. I called that day irecieved the check, it was on a Saturday. They were closed so i leaft a message. NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME. so i called again on Wednesday, Still no answer, LEFT A MESSAGES AGAIN. I called the following Moday after not recieving any call back. they told me it was my fault for not being able to get my items back becasue it was past the 10 days, and i should have called them prior. I told them i called twice but the convenently had no record of me calling. i told them i could fax over my phone records, and she continued to tell me there are other ways of trying to contact them and that she could send me a dollar. ARE YOU JOKING. I told her it wasn't worth a dollar and that they were frauds and i hung up. I talk to three pleople that day and I got no where. so now I have a check for 6 cents and none of my personal jewlery. I guess I fell for it. PLEASE PEOPLE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU SEND PERSONAL ITEMS TO THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL BURN YOU GOODS AND SEND YOU A CHECK FOR 6 CENTS.

SAD AND UPSET WITH NO WAY TO MAKE IT BETTER!
N  19th of Feb, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Hey folks

Sorry to bother you but I'd like to pick your brain for a minute, I have receieved 2 legal letters f Cash4Gold.com and thought that you might be able to shed some insight

First letter I received on Jnauary 25th, so I made some changes to my webpages in an effort to comply with their demands, now today I have received a second letter still threatening me with legal action

I thought maybe you might be familiar with this situation and could offer me some advise

my website is at: www.cash-for-gold-scam.com

Thanks in advance,

Pat
N  21st of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
personally i think this cash 4 gold crap is for stupid tweekers, crack heads, an any other wack job coming across a stolen watch or something they cant trade for dope, an im sure they dont have any clue what the real value of the jewelery is worth so 4 or 5 buck to them they be living rich
A  28th of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Wow!!! I pretty much figured the whole thing was a scam anyways. Now that I've heard it from a former employee, I know for sure not to call em!!! NICEY NICE
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I kinda figured it was a scam. Really, some refinery offering "Top Dollar" for your broken or unwanted jewelry? Give me a freakin break!
A  27th of Jan, 2009 by    +1 Votes
i was a cash 4 gold employee 2 they are trully a rip off 4 real i started working in cash 4 gold when it was only like 10 employee now they got 100s of employee i even have friends of mine that are supervisor and they even tell me yo dnt u ever send your gold here... how cum if u work 4 cah 4 gold u get triple the amount of money that a regular customer gets 4 selling ur gold... CASH 4 GOLD THEY ARE A RIP OFF TRUST ME I USED TO WORK THERE N LEFT BECAUSE I HAD 2 MOVE 2 PHILADELFIA N I THINK THAT THATS NOT RITE WHAT THEY DOING...
A  1st of Dec, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Thank you, to the former employee who had the dignity to write post this on line. Today, I was going to mail very valuable pieces of jewelry to these scam artist! However it felt like it was just to good to be true. May their go to the toilet!
A  12th of Dec, 2008 by    +1 Votes
TOTAL SCAM CONFIRMED
To whom it may concern

I John Wubker am returning the check issued from Cash4Gold.com for
the return of all Items sent in to them Valuable as well as the Non Valueable
items.
I am Very Dissatisfied with the amount Offered For 14.80
pennyweight's of valuables. The Offer being less then 10% current
London Gold fixed the day the check was issued.

I received the check #59030 offering $63.34 for a total of 14.80 dwt of
Gold Issued 12-10-2008 on 12-12-2008. I intern have sent the offer check
back to Cash4Gold.com Via Next Day Express USPS with Delivery Confirmation on
12-12-2008 at 2:00pm So you will Receive it By 12:00n 12-13-2004. The
tracking #EB589238937US is available if you would also like to track the Return
of the inadequate check offered Me. Sincerely John

This is the exact Email I sent to Cash4Gold.com after I called the 800## to complain and was offered an extra 40$. So Basicaly they wanted me to take 100.00 for 3/4 of an ounce of Gold . By the way at the time they issued the check the London Fixed was 826.50 per Troy ounce. They also Undergraded the Gold
A  18th of Dec, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Cash 4 Gold ripped me off! I wish I had done something when I had the chance. The small check they sent me was a joke! Everytime I see that commercial on TV it makes me sick!
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
CASH 4 GOLD IS A SCAM, I KNEW IT FROM THE FIRST DAY I WATCHED THEIR AD. HAVE YOU NOTICED, THEY DON'T TELL YOU HOW THEY APPRAISE YOUR VALUABLES? THAT ALONE SHOULD SCARE YOU...

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE GOVERNMENT ALLOW THESE SCAM ARTISTS TO OPERATE?
A  6th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Cash4Gold is located in Pompano Beach, Florida. 10 minutes from me. If i was any closer, i'd go down there and pick up their mail (they don't have any kind of secure receiving center, it's just a box with a cheap lock that's usually not locked). and the USPS, safe shipping? they lose 5% of what they get. Want to take that chance with $1000.00 worth of gold? probably not...

Cash 4 Crack would be a more obvious company name.
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My wife and I went to Cash 4 Gold today at our local mall to sell some old necklaces that couldn't be work anymore due to being damaged. They offered us $70.00 for 8.9 grams of 14kt gold and 3.1 grams of 10kt gold. The current price of gold is 912/troy oz. Do the math and this is over 180.00 worth of gold. This means they were try to profit over 110.00 from us. When I told them no the buyer got upset and dumped our stuff on the table. I had previously sorted and seperated the gold between the 14kt and 10kt. In my opinion they are trying to profit from those who don't know who to determine the value of their gold.
A  8th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am investigating a possible class action lawsuit against them. Feel free to e-mail me at: cash4goldscam@gmail.com
N  20th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I sent them3 ounces of gold, and they've mailed me a piece of toast.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree