Cash 4 Gold / Mail Fraud

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I applied for a Cash4Gold secured envelope to be sent to me to put my jelewy (all gold with some diamond rings) in it and send it back to them to get money for it.
I mailed it driectly from the post office-handed directly to the clerk. This was January 2, 2009. I contacted Cash 4 Gold about my check and they gave me some song and dance that the package never arrived (yet they could tell me what my number was they assigned to me just by my name-seems a little fishy) and told me to go on some bogus inspector general website to file a complaint (the post office clerk told me the other day that is not how you investigate mailk fraud and/or missing mail); the Cash 4 Gold clerk also told me that this hotline would give me some number, for me to value my jewelry and then they would just send me a check for the amount (how awfully trusting of them I am telling the truth.) I am going to file a complaint with the government for mail fraud and scams as it is federal crime to accept packages and tell the consumer they didn't arrive and give out bogus website addresses for the govt telling the consumer the govt will help you get your money.
Any leads would be much appreciated! These people are crooks!

Comments

• Ca
      8th of Feb, 2009

I am investigating a possible class action lawsuit against them. Feel free to e-mail me at: cash4goldscam@gmail.com

• Ah
      13th of Feb, 2009

Cash 4 Gold is a complete scam. I received a call from customer service saying the my ring had been damaged and that the package was empty. Now, I am no rocket sciencist, but how can a ring be damaged and also missing!!!???? When I called back from the message, they said that there were no contents in the sealed package. Sounds like someone needs to get there story straight. This was an 18K wedding band appraised at $1, 600. They saw an opportunity to rip me off!!! I am sure they have done this to many people before. If they have done this to you let me know and we will contact an attorney!

8th of Apr, 2009

My husband and I sent in 6 pieces of sterling silver. One of which was a thick Italian horn that we knew was worth something.

I swear after day three of not having a check in the mail I told my husband, kind of funny that they put on the package they insure up to $100 for lost items. Then I proceeded to explain to him how I thought it would work. It's easier to say something is lost and give up the $100 then it is to pay out what its worth. They give you a prepaid envelope so you think, great I dont have to pay and ship this thing. Those smart customers that do insure it at the post office probably dont get oh we lost your items line. But like some people have said they get pennies for what they could have got hundreds for.

Sure enough got the voicemail from there insurance department or where ever in the office, saying that all but one item was taken.

We called and were told that the post office opened our package, took all of the other items but mailed them the opened package with just the one thin chain in it.

Come on if thats not a bunch of crap. I asked why would the post office send them something that is going to get them in trouble?? if the package was tampered with I would think they would have sent it back to the sender and not the reciever.

I kept pushing to speak to someone higher and kept getting the run around. The last dip s**t I spoke to said he would be sending a picture of what the package looked like when they got it and a copy of the letter the post office sent with it saying it was their mistake. I told him I dont want any pictures of anything that I want a copy of the actual document from the post office. I let him know I will be taking this to every News station I can, to make sure it is put to an end.

He didnt care at all and I still never spoke to anyone higher then him. I was so heated at the end of that call because I can only imagin how many people have been takin by this horrible scam.

Anyone reading this please get the word out, contact your local News stations like I did and tell your story. I also made sure to attach a story from a former employee about how the real process works.

I think if the truth gets to the right ear this company will go down. Those ###!!

• Dt
      9th of Jun, 2009

I just want to thank everyone for the input. I thinking about sending a 14k white gold chain with a diamond cross . A jewler and a local pawn shop owner whom both put the chain on scale, 4.2oz. I was told 2, 500-3, 000 what it's worth, Im not going to give them the chance to run a mail problem or any other scams. Thank You

21st of Jul, 2009

I too just sent in two highschool rings about 10 days ago. No record of the package arriving. GEE, what a surprise. I'm normally smarter than this - cannot believe I didn't research it. They advertise on Howard Stern. Wonder if he knows they are a scam!

• Di
      1st of Aug, 2009

Oh my God! I have just read these complaints and I just cannot believe that they would actually be crooks!
    I sent my gold pieces and a 8 diamond horse shoe shape and called the customer service and let them that before they sent me a check I needed to know how much it was evaluated for or how much appraisal amount would be

He assured that is what they would do, here is 2 months later and Ive been calling asking where is my check or have you received my jewelery and i would go on line and nothing and then I got a call after several attempts of leaving messages, " that i needed to get a hold of the Postal General and file a complaint due to maybe it being lost in the mail, I just couldn't believe it Ive worked for the US Postal as a mailhandler and worked in the bulk department and let me tell you we take very serious our mail that comes and any packages sealed correctly will be mail trust me! I now am convinced after reading all these comments that their is a huge scam going on! and needs to be investigated right away and get some restitution! this unbelievable.!!!

Very discontent and disappointed

Ruth Delilah Diamond
    148 E 17 St
    Pittsburg CA. 94565
    (925) 812-0164

• Go
      24th of Aug, 2009

They ripped me off too...I wish I was smarter. I sent in ALL of my unwanted jewlery, two wedding rings with diamonds, a few other rings that were less expensive, and some loose stuff. And guess what...they never received my package...yeah right. I am soooo pissed.

• Ha
      27th of Dec, 2009

AHAHAH serves you right. SUCKA

• Pl
      27th of Dec, 2009

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is!!! I would NEVER send jewelry by mail to anyone. If it is of value, it is best do deliver it personally.

By the way, they have a cash 4 gold kiosk in the mall here, I would imagine they do other places as well...that may have been a better bet. That way there is mall surveillance of the transaction, you have met with a real person that can vouch for you...so on and so forth.

I was always skeptical of those commercials...I even wondered how many people were going to send in stolen jewelry...can't really get caught red-handed that way now could you. tsk tsk tsk

• Te
      28th of Feb, 2010

I agree that Cash4Gold.com is a scam, I cam across a very helpful website called Top10cashforgold.com and that told me everything that i needed to know about every online gold company out there. If you are looking to sell your gold and you want to know the truth about the company please visit, Top10cashforgold.com. I hope this website finds you well. I sure thought it was useful.

Teddy
    Miami Florida

• Cl
      29th of Oct, 2010

they returned my stuff by ups i paid nothing well seem to me they full of crap took 8 days for them to check it all i had silver coins they did not want also 2 bretlins watches they seem not want i told them i wanted 1400us for everything they wanted to give me 700us seems
    signup ya to this link over 133, 000 members gain high pr ranks in searches for your youtube and blog site and social, ya need to go on craiglist or sell on some site you can advertise to sell your stuff on maybe ebay-try newspaper and yard sell to sell stuff-pawnshop
    your ad can be changed anytime as a member on here-you can use banner-link
    Title: TRAFFICDIGGER FREE VIRAL TRAFFIC JOIN NOW!
    URL: http://www.trafficdigger.com/user/freeforallworlds.html

• Bl
      24th of Feb, 2012

I JUST SENT IN SOME GOLD AND SLIVER RINGS AND A NECKLACE I TOOK PICS OF THEM BEFORE I SENT THEM OFF TO CASH FOR GOLD I HAVE THE TRACKING NO AND I TYPE IT IN THE USPS WEBSITE TO TRACK IT COME BACK SAYING THE IS NO MATCH FOR THAT TRACKING NO ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS NOW I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM THEM RIP OFF SCUMS