Car Craft / Miss sold PPI & waranty

1 Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08707668860

We bought a SAAB 95 from Car Craft nearly a year ago. We thought we were paying the on screen price that was explained to us by the salesman (or fraudster) we however are paying an extra £16k this is shocking. The paperwork for the finance didnt arrive until over a month after we purchesed the car so we did not have the option to cancel this or take the car back. We are now locked into paying £27k for a £10k car with no way out. We have tried and tried to cancel the worthless waranty and the very expensice PPI but we NEVER get a response.
There must be thousands of people who have been misled by Car Craft and they must be stopped. Everyone with the slightest complaint should write to the ombudsman and the Office of Fair Trade and the more people who complain the more likely they are to be stopped and the more likely the conned people can get there overspent money back. I have read hundreds of complaints about these conmen on the internet so I know that if EVERYBODY complains to the correct people we can stop them conning anybody else.

Comments

• Sh
      14th of Jul, 2008

Horrified is the one word I can use to explain how I feel since purchasing a car from Car Craft. Ripped off is another two words and made a mug of is four words. The car is extortionately over priced (found that out at a BMW dealership) the extra insurance on the warranty cannot be used at a recognised dealers, so repairs are done by Joe Bloggs down the street. Not a good idea with a BMW. I am wrangling to get out of the deal (wriggling is a better description) otherwise I am in severe negative equity if I trade in. On the plus side staff at Car Craft are trying to be helpful (is this a smokescreen) as I lock in battle with the Finance Company who also give out duff information. If I did that to a consumer in my line of work I'd be struck off !!! Car Craft need to learn lessons in how to fully inform their customers when going through finance applications. I did not know that if a document is signed on premises you only have 5 days (and in some cases no days at all) to reconsider. In our fast world this is not enough time to make a sandwich let alone do a bit of research. They need to have a full list of accredited dealerships to take a car to in event of repair on an NAC contract ready to give to the customer. Then it is the customers choice to take that added expense or not, instead of stating this is a bargain and can save you money. When in actual fact it will probably not save you anything if the garage makes a dogs dinner of your car. Over pricing is in itself an illegal act and in the case of BMW MINI they are trying to put a stop to this. A car must have a fair price for its age, mileage and condition this goes out the window at Car Craft and they grab a figure out of the sky and slam it on the vehicle. This is called unfair trading and is illegal. Considering you have to Tax and Service the vehicle (something else they didn't tell us) how can they possibly know what a car is worth, good lord it could be two halves of two cars soldered together for all we know !!! and then it might fall apart on the drive home injuring all and sundry then Car Craft get out of that one. Must stop ranting before have first and possibly last heart attack over this awful mess.

• Ki
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I was also mislead into buying a megane cc, 2007 £12000 ticket price £3k deposit so a loan of about 9k...was told it'd be 15% interest, signed the paperwork then went through it at home and saw the "total figure" £17000!!! rang them up to query it and was given a bunch of bullcr@p. this was in lakeside essex,

I will never use carcraft again and would not advise any to use them, infact when i took my car in there for a service i was actually telling people to steer clear.

commision based work should be illegal, it makes salesmen do anything for the sale.