Capitec Bank — unauthorised online purchases
I have been purchasing goods online for over 7 years and sadly to say it is the first time that I have experienced unauthorised purchases made from my account. I never had a problem at my previous bank.
So I had to get a new bank card and the matter is now being investigated by capitec. I also made complaint to the company that I recently purchased goods from online and they too are investigating the matter.
My question however is how is capitec making online shopping safer for it's clients?
I found out at the bank yesterday that I should not make any online purchases if 'they' do not ask for my secure code. This was news to me as I did not know anything about this and was never prompted for my secure code in previous years whilst online shopping.
I sincerely hope capitec can settle this matter as soon as possible and that it takes more effective steps to improving their security for online payments.
More Capitec Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Capitec Bank - feedback / response 
- Capitec Bank - poor service 
- Capitec Bank - unauthorised withdrawal of r2000.00 
- Capitec Bank - negligent staff - silverton
- Capitec Bank - account querr
- Capitec Bank - blocked loan account
- Capitec Bank - bank deposits
- Capitec Bank - complaining about the loan, I took in 31 march 2018, it seems as if it not moving after a year of payments
- Capitec Bank - customer care 
- Capitec Bank - file sent to collectors