Capital One Auto Finance / auto loan scam

I took out a loan on a new 2007 Ford Focus and borrowed around $15, 000. Never late on a payment and the rate was reasonable. After a year I decided it was time to reduce my debt load and tried to pay off the loan. Tried being the operative word here. Called Capital One for the payoff and was told on 3 separate occaisons the payoff was $11.723.90. Went to my bank, sent Capital One a cashiers check for $11, 723.90 which was processed on 2/23/09 one day BEFORE the date Capital One said the payoff amount was good through. But NOOOOO! Now there is a mystery $50.52 in "additional principal" due. I had to use Western Union for an additional $13.95 to send in the additional $50.52 to "satisfy" the already paid off loan. The buyer of the vehicle is waiting for his lien release having paid cash for the vehicle. Capital One says it will take them another 72 hours to produce a lien release, even though they KNOW the loan has been satisfied.

Take it from someone who KNOWS. Captial One's auto finance rates look attractive to you. Think again. I will NEVER borrow from Capital One again. Ever. Whats in YOUR wallet? It ain't in mine.

Da

Comments

• Wi
      19th of Mar, 2009

I agree with Davy. I was consistent with payihg my loan to COF that I took over be-
    cause I co-sign for someone who lose there
    job. I asked them to refinance for me be-
    cause I'm retired and couldn't pay $471.00
    amonth. Even they got help Nov. 14th with
    $3, 555, 199.00. But still, they want bugg!
    Will.