Canara Bank / worst net banking service

1 India Review updated:

Hi

I am having an account in your bank with account number:[protected] and i am feeling that its net banking experience is worst than other bank which i have used till now.
I have not activated for CanSecure but then also its getting activated by itself. The worst part of this is that application is crap and it doesn't work properly.
A normal user doesn't have laptop with him while out of his home but by activating CanSecure you guys are bounding to operate their account through that application only.

Is there only windows operating system exists?

You guys will apply security where it is not required and will never use security where it is really required.

Regards
Vikas Jalan

Comments

• Vi
      3rd of Aug, 2010
    Canara Bank - sto p payment
    banking
    India

struggle against fraud, which destroy the people's credibility, belief on demand draft or payorder
    1- it matter is resist my education life and liberty i am suffering from mental and economic harassment both last five month but no proper feedback given.
    2-i want solution of problem and rule that no body and i can suffer this type of fraud i am totaly against this type of fraud which approch is broad and it may possible that other people and student suffer from it
    payorder issue by canara bank faizabad-224001
    case-stop payment on payorder no.249062 issue date28-01-2010, pay order is in favour of virendra bahadur gupta amount rs 200000.000 step1-virendra bahadur gupta demand to pay the amount of Rs two lakhs Rs whitch is mention on pay order no.249062 but payment is stopped step2-reason given stopped by drawer step3-bank manager say oraly that the draft lost information given in favour of payorder no. 249062 step 4-it is totaly wrong information there is no payorder no 249062 is lost.purchaser given false information and playing fraud with me step 7-bank does not told me that who is the purchaser of pay order no. 249062 step 8- there is mention name virendra bahadur gupta on pay order no.249062 and i am virendra bahadur gupta city faizabad pin-224001 with all my identity proof bank can check it. step-9 i beleive in banking so i accept pay order no.249062 step 10-i am student and i beleive in banking plz help me step -11 the possible plan of purchaser purchaser know very well that pay order is valid for six month and whem the duration is over he is able to receive the of pay order no.249062(Rs two lakh) but i (virendra bahadur gupta)does . not want this.
    virendra bahadur gupta student M.C.A. contact no.09457865087, , 09044570175 tilak nagar faizabad 224001
    canara bank does not give rti information 16-6-2010 which is filed by me canara bank say we not give information under this rti act 2005

• Si
      28th of Feb, 2011
    Canara Bank - no good service
    canara bank mulbagal branch
    India

THE STAFF AND MANAGER WERE LAZY, AND SERVICE TO THE CONSUMERS IS VERY POOR ZERO.
    ANY TIME I GO TO THE BANK, I BECAME MAD DUE TO THE ACTIONS OF THE STAFF AT LAST I CLOSED MY ACCOUNT IN THIS BRANCH.

MOHAMMED SIKANDER
    MULBAGAL

7th of Jun, 2011

We had submitted two FDs on 20th Jan., 2011, matured on 27-10-2010, in the name of my son & spouse Mr Piyush and Purshottam and Purshottam & Manjula S Mundra, each for Rs. 29230/- (handed over to your Ms. Manisha Kedar by my son Mr Piyush Mundra) for renewal and she asked him to come after 2 days. Since then we have been continuously following up but these FDs are not delivered till date. I had submitted the written letter again on 6th of March, 2011 but no response received. Hence I had reported this to their Customer Service Centre at Bhopal and Bangalore on 25th March, 2011 whcih followed with subsequent reminders dated 1st April, 2011, 13th April, 2011 and 20th April, 2011. But till date their response is awaited. Since, I have not received any reply / comments from them so far, I have been compelled to seek your kind help and cooperation.
    Kindly look in to the matter and arrange to receive me the payment of said deposits at the earliest.

23rd of Jun, 2011
    Canara Bank - Non payment of FDR's
    Suresh S Mundra
    India

I have written a letter to the branch on 6th March, 2011 and subsequently to their customer graviences cell and customer service centre at Bhopal and Bangalore on 25th March, 2011. All the concerns were reminded on 1-04-2011, 13-04-2011 and 20-04-2011. I have not recieved any comments/reply so far and I have been left with no alternate except seeking your help and support.

You are, therefore, requested to look in to the matter and get the issue resolved enabling me to get the amount of FDRs.

Please note that I had made a compliaint on 7th May, 2011 but the same is not visible on website, hence I have re-subbmitted for your immediate action.

Suresh S Mundra

24th of Jun, 2011

To complaint Board on 23-06-2011I had submitted two FDs on 20th Jan., 2011 for renewal at MG Road Branch of Canara Bank in the name of Mr Piyush and Purshottam and Purshottam & Manjula S Mundra, each for Rs. 29230/- . At the branch dealing official asked to come after 2 days. Since then we have been continuously following up but these FDs are not delivered till date, by holding at their end unauthorisedly.

Please note that I had made a compliaint on 7th May, 2011, and again on 23rd June2011, but the same is not visible on website, hence I have re-subbmitted for your immediate action.

Suresh Mundra

Mgroad

MGroad

25th of Jun, 2011

I had submitted two FDs on 20th Jan., 2011 for renewal at MG Road Branch of Canara Bank in the name of my spouse and sons Mr Piyush and Purshottam and Purshottam & Manjula S Mundra, each for Rs. 29230/-. At the branch dealing official asked to come after 2 days. Since then we have been continuously following up but these FDs are not delivered till date, by holding at their end unauthorizely.

I have written a letter to the branch on 6th March, 2011 and subsequently to their Customer Grievances Cell and Customer Service Centre at Bhopal and Bangalore on 25th March, 2011. All the concerns were reminded on 1-04-2011, 13-04-2011 and 20-04-2011. I have not received any comments/reply so far and I have been left with no alternate except seeking your help and support.

Please note that I had regitered a complaint on 7th May, 2011, 23rd June, 2011 and on 24th June2011, but the same is not visible on your website, hence I have re-submitted for your immediate action.

Suresh Mundra

25th of Jun, 2011

It was a test matter, may be treated as cancelled.

closed

• Sr
      4th of Aug, 2011

TO
    MANAGER SAHAB
    CANRA BANK
    SUB REQUEST FOR I BANKING (2089285005266)
    SIR
    I REQUEST TO U I SEND MANY REQUEST TO UR CANRA BANK CIVIL LINE BRANCH BATHINDA AND HE SEND MANY TIME MY REQUEST FORWARD TO U WHAT TILL DATE NOT RESPONSE MY REQUEST
    FROM S.R SINGLA
    GANESH TRADING CO . BATHINDA
    PRINCE.SINGLA44@YAHOO.COM

• Da
      15th of Oct, 2011

I agree to you 100% year. Canara bank did a stupid thing with its cansecure. Every one will not be able to carry their laptops nor install cansecure in other systems with OTP. Great stupidity canara ...

• Sv
      27th of Oct, 2011
    Canara Bank - delay in payment
    canara bank trichy
    India

dearness relief to central government pensioners sanctioned during september is not paid till date(27/10/2011) whereas other nationalised banks and post offices have disbursed the same before deepavali festival. will the higher ups look into this and arrange payment early

• V5
      28th of Sep, 2012

Hi Mr Jalan
    We do apologize for the convinced caused to you.
    Kindly help us with your contact number we will surely help you in this regards
    Regards
    Santosh
    Cansecure team
    Canarabank DIT Banglor

9th of Jan, 2013

Couldn’t agree more and so I tried venting out my frustration in the way Internet Banking has been implemented on Canara Bank Helpline and let me tell you it was useless. The person on the other end didn’t want to understand the problems and blamed the implementation method on the top management. He went to an extent of saying that majority of their customers were really happy.

Let me itemize it as to why the Internet Banking SUCKS [sorry but that’s the reality]:

1. Access Restricted via CanSecure Executable ONLY: Is this a Joke. I mean why I need to have an executable/program installed to connect/use Internet Banking. Every time I am NOT with my computer, unless I download the executable, I am unable to use Internet Banking. Majority of the Corporates wouldn’t allow you to install software which implies that there’s no way the facility could be utilized during working hours.

2. Hijacking all Activities: Once you start the CanSecure Program it hijacks the entire screen and all controls i.e. Taskbar vanishes, Alt-Tab can’t be used to switch between programs. All of my family members have accounts with Canara Bank with different UserId & Passwords and I have to remember all of the information or have to write things down as I can’t switch between different applications or for that matter I can’t perform any activity for reference purpose unless I quit the CanSecure Application.

3. Not enough facility: The truth is that there aren’t many facilities available on the Internet Banking to be really happy about and you end up making a call to the branch, what’s the point.

4. Limited/No Awareness at Branch Location: Majority of the branch employees have limited or no awareness of the process of
    Internet Banking specifically CanSecure.

In the name of Security let’s not have implementation where the user can’t use the facility, what good would that be. I understand that a 2-level security is mandatory to be implemented but this is definitely not a way to go about with an implementation. The least Canara Bank could have done is assess the way Internet Banking is implemented by various other bank and stop being rigid about our way or the highway.

Well Hello??? Is there anybody sane enough to understand the problems users are facing? All of this just because there wasn’t enough thought that went into this rigid form of implementation.

I hope that Canara Bank realizes that whoever was responsible for this implementation has done a lousy job and it’s rectified at the earliest.

In case anybody from the Bangalore head-office or CanSecure team wants to get a hold of me please drop in a reply on this website with an email id and I shall write immediately. Alternatively I have reported a complaint against CanSecure implementation at the Bangalore Head-Office with all of the contact details i.e. Name, Account Number, Contact Number & Email Id and you already have my name to figure out how to get a hold of me.

Please understand that people complain because they care.

Jay Mehta

• Vi
      4th of Apr, 2013

Dear sir, myself having account with canara bank and a/c no:2718101002209 installed can secure and many times i failed to send the money after working one week it again gets blocked so again i have to contact helpline and get reset oftenly.bank is telling it is done to protect interest of account holders..I dont know many international banks working with normal operating procedures.why this is with canara bank only...? i request top officals of canara bank for making the cansecure as user friendly.my suggestion is to introduce one more password like figures/flowers, after right fig selection it must go forward.present can secure sensitivity is very very high and we can't operate in normal PC.we also not able to down load cansecure at offices so it can be turned to multi location accessbility.
    VITHALRAO KULKARNI MALKHED

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2013

To
    Cansecure Team
    I have an account with Canara bank, I had installed Cansecure on my system, Due to some Reason I had to Format my system, Now after reinstalling the cansecure on the same system, While loging in I get an error message saying " Your access to Cansecure to new cmputer has been suspended for security reasons. To activate CanSecure on this new computer, 1) Sign-in onCanSecure ona computer you haveused before, and Generate an Activation OTP for New Computer, from under "My Secret" menu.
    and there is no way I can access my Account, give me a solution to this.
    Milin Patel
    pat.milin@gmail.com

• Yo
      29th of Jun, 2013

I too have same kind of issue with Internet Banking- Canara Bank. Even after so many weeks of struggle, i managed to get the password CANSECURE, However after changing the CANSECURE paswrd, i tried using the forget password inorder to reset the online password. It went in Vain saying you need to login only IE6+ although iam inside the CANSECURE application.. This is really a Hactic... We understood, that technology is stepping up, but it shouldnt be a Burden ...
    Hope CANARA BANK would understand the customers trouble with online banking.

Thanks,
    CANARA BANK- Account Holder.

• Bh
      4th of Jul, 2013

CanSecure is the Worst application that I have ever used... Canara bank internet banking service no ways can be used for transacting online, since no weblink will popup to prompt the application to run automatically, so customer will be forced to use debit/credit card no for transaction, and for transaction on this way bank will charge 10 rps, , , IT SEEMS THAT CANARA BAnk HAS SIMPLY MADE THIS APPLICATION TO MAKE TRANSACTION MONEY, THATS ALL, , NO SECURITY REASONS... i hav used internet banking services from SBI, SBI associate banks, HDFC, ICICI, PNB, but never faced such IRRITATING procedure like with canara bank.
    Bhavin Kansara
    AC Holder Name: Bhavin Kansara, IISER Mohali
    A/ C No: 2452101004744
    customer id: 71196714

12th of Jul, 2013

Can secure is really stupid facility provided by Canara bank. Please understand illiterate people situation, who having internet banking. They won't do that much lengthy process.