Cambridge Who's Who / Falsifying services rendered

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Cambridge Who's Who is a ripoff company backed by lawyers and Donald Trump Junior who is ripping off loads of people. They call under the disguise of doing an interview of you and your company and a press release. Twenty minutes into the interview, once they have gotten a great deal of both personal and professional info from you, they disclose that they will need a credit card for a charge of almost $600. They state they will provide you with many things including a press release for your review within two weeks as well as others. You are under the understanding that you may review it once it arrives and cancel if it is not as described. Nothing arrives for well over a month, no calls are returned, and you cannot even get anyone on the other end of the phone. Six weeks later, I recieved a folder, but nothing in it as promised. They do not respond to emails or to certified mail. When you try a credit card dispute, this company is very prepared with falsified documents that you never received. This is the biggest ripoff company I have ever seen and they need to be stopped in their tracks.

Fh

Comments

• Va
      19th of Nov, 2010

Agree...whole-heartedly. I fell into the same trap a couple of years ago but stopped it about a year into the "process" in order to "stop the bleeding" of my credit card. After forcibly making the calls stop, it had been almost a year of blissful silence, until I got a call yesterday from a different representative than the one who had consistently been hounding me before. This one went on and on about my being chosen as the "Executive of the Year" in my industry...chosen out of 400, 000 people...yeah...right. While I'm very good at what I do, the thought of being chosen out of 400, 000 is simply ridiculous. I did however, continued to listen, simply out of curiosity...I wanted to know how much this was going to cost me...are you sitting down? $1, 998. Following the price tag, he proceeded to confirm the last four digits of my "credit card on file" and that the charges would "have to be processed today" as the work on the press release, etc. had already been done. Once I pushed back again and told him he needed to cease and desist, he insisted that he would be sending me an e-mail to verify the details of the press release, etc. in an effort to prove the legitimacy of the offer...I've seen or heard nothing more since I made the request for the information and breakdown of the charges.

Take my advice...run...don't walk to the nearest exit when "Cambridge" calls you. I'm too embarrassed to admit how much money they got out of me before I caught on, but I will tell you, it was substantial. Save yourself and your pocket book from these crooks.

• Ke
      16th of Dec, 2011

I just received an email from Cambridge Who's Who and my Hot Mail screened it as junk mail. Funny, it says I was "nominated" too. No legit company's email would be screened as junk unless enough people have complained about it. Also, LinkedIn offers so much more than this Who's Who garbage and you don't have to pay a dime. These guys are a scam, deserve to fail, and are no better than the thugs who pick pockets on the streets. Cambridge WW is actually much worse than those thugs and steal a whole lot more money from unsuspecting professionals.