Calypso Cay Resort/Disney Promotions / scam tried but foiled
I was rung today with the classic recording of "congratulations, you have won...dial 9 if you are interested..." I dialled 9, they asked for my credit card details, I floundered after they wanted all the details including the 3 digits on the back of the card...had already given them the card numbers and expiry date...
then got disconnected...I rang my bank and cancelled my credit card and then rang them back as I had asked for their number and gave them the 3 digits on the back of my Visa card, they then went away only to come back to say that it was a stolen card...(oh dear is me!) and that maybe I had rung up my bank to cancel the card...What business ever assumes that? or asks that?
It was all too good to be true...15 days holiday in Florida, free 7 days car rental, all meals included, a 4 day 3 nights cruise all expenses paid...bla bla bla for 4 people, only $912 for incidental holiday taxes to be paid up front!
All the while they have all your credit card details to wipe out your bank account!
They're so sleek...names given were Tony Green, Tony Jacobs, Daniel Hatton...probably fictitious...who knows?
However I do have a real phone number to ring in Orland that I rang to speak to them...so the police should be able to catch them from that I hope.
More Calypso Cay Resort/Disney Promotions Complaints & Reviews
- Tropical Grand vacation/Calypso Cay resort - holiday scam 
- Calypso Cay Resort - Buyer beware 
- Calypso Cay - Scam and cheating 
- Calypso Cay - credit card 
- Calypso Cay - Fraud and cheating
- Calypso Cay - Timeshare Scam 
- Calypso Cay Resort - Bait and Switch 
- Calypso Cay - Dump! No one wants to take responsibility! 
- Calypsocay.com - Total disaster!
- Calypso Cay - Do not recommend