C. Harper Chevrolet-Buick-Kia, Inc. / Service vehicle

Route 51 & 70, Belle Vernon, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 724-929-8000

On February 2, 2010 my husband, Joe Kurtz, took my 2003 Pontiac Montana van to C. Harper for their complimentary oil change and oil filter. That was fine. He was told it need a "RR HUB BEARING ASSEMBLY" at a cost of $657.76 for GM parts or $425.99 for after market parts. He was also told it needed rear brakes at a cost of $172.00.

He didn't have them do the work for the hub bearing or brakes. Instead he tool it to our local mechanic for an inspection. My van did need the RR hub bearing assembly, however, IT DID NOT NEED READ BRAKES. The rear brakes passed PA inspection. The total cost of my bill for the inspection and right rear hub assembly was $200.34.

When he left the servicing department, he was told that we'd be getting survey about their work and to please rate them satisfactory. Well, when I get the survey form they will not get a satisfactory rating. They were wanting to put new rear brakes on my van that were NOT needed. Guess they wanted to make some money off of us since the oil change and oil filter were free.

Sheila Kurtz

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2011

I have been dealing with C.Harper for many years. I have purchased 4 Pontiac's and 1 Chevy from them new, and a Hyundai used. All of these vehicles came with the free inspection and oil changes. Each and every time I have any work done by them, it was done professionally and the vehicles were delivered when promised.
    I have never been charged for anything that did not need done and was advised of anything that was getting "close" so I could make an informed decision as to my need.
    From the Salesman that went above and beyond to get me a rare car from North Carolina, to the Service Adviser that is always on top of my vehicles needs.
    You can always go cheaper on anything, but you should never go for less quality.
    C.Harper will do all my work.