Butler Nissan / incompetant service dept

1 3477 E. Conner StNoblesville, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3177749300

Story of my car...

I leased a new 2008 Nissan Altima from Butler Nissan with 10 miles on it and my first time ever having a brand new car. Well, two months later we had flooding that took place all over Indiana. My car was a victim of it, not once, but twice. I had it towed to Butler thinking since I bought my car there not long ago, it would be the best place for me to go.

There first estimate was around $4000 to have the car fixed and my insurance adjuster agreed. Well, as a month goes by they keep finding multiple things wrong with it without contacting my insurance. They are working away and my insurance company has marked my claim as closed since they have not heard back from Butler. I called my insurance to find out what the deal was and it was then when my adjuster called Butler. To my adjuster's surprise, there was going to be another $17, 000 worth of damage. One of the mechanics stated, "I can't beleive we didn't think to look in the cylinders before starting the car, now the engine has seized up.
"

So, long and behold on July 10th, I got my car back. I was so excited to be driving the car that I had been paying for all along. My cute lil Altima. Well, on August 12th I amd riving back from downtown to work on my lunch break. MY CAR BREAKS DOWN!! It overheats and black smoke is coming from under the hood.

I called Butler Nissan and the service manager gives me the number to call for a tow. I call the number and they don't think I am under warranty so told me I have to pay for the tow and maybe reimbursed. I call my insurance company and my adjuster sends a tow truck right away and has my car towed to a different dealership. I talk to that dealership explaining the situation and state that no matter what I do not want my car back at Butler.

The next day I get a call from Butler saying they had towed my car back to them and have a rental for me to pick up until the work can be completed, since it is their fault. I get out there to pick up a 96 Ford Eescape with 100, 000 miles on it, which is fine besides the fact that I am paying a $300 car payment for a car I am not driving.

Now, its going on three weeks and I still don't have my car back from this repair. The service department didn't send the motor head to the metal shop until this Wednesday.

BUTLER NISSAN has given me unnacceptable service, been reported to Better Business Bureau, complaints made to the regional manager and if I have 4 service problems occur concerning the parts they have fixed they will be liable to take over my lease.
I will NEVER recommend Butler to anyone

Comments

• Dr
      12th of Apr, 2011

Be very careful if taking your vehicle to this dealership due to potential un needed repair to your automobile. I have owned three Nissan vehicles dating back 26 years and have had routine service from several dealerships throughout the state of Indiana without any problems. In November 2010 I had scheduled to have a leaking power steering line replaced at Butler Nissan and explained to the service advisor as to what the problem was. The vehicle was checked in and I was notified that what I indicated was the problem was actually not it at all and that the leak was coming from the joint assembly and steering gear in which they recommended replacing both for substantially more than what the part I wanted replaced originally was to be. Given my past experience with Nissan dealerships and trust I agreed to have parts recommended replaced as well as having the rear shocks replaced as well as recommended by the advisor. Upon completion of the repairs I noticed the next day the vehicle was leaking steering oil in the exact same spot on may garage floor as it did before all the recommend repairs. I contacted the dealership and they advised I bring it back in which I did and the adviser explained the power steering line I had originally pointed out to be replaced was bad and needed replaced at my expense which began to shake my confidence in the dealership service department and left me questioning whether the joint assembly and steering gear needed replaced at all. I refused to pay for the additional work and part required to complete the work I had originally brought the vehicle in for and to this day am still driving it with the same leak. Additionally, the shocks that were replaced had begin to rattle loudly on the passenger side in which I made another trip to the dealership to have looked at to only be told it wasn’t the shock but a loose tail pipe and they were not responsible. Again trusting the advisor I took the vehicle to a local muffler shop that had worked on the muffler prior to the original Nissan work. They were more than happy to inspect their work and said it was ok but added some more bracing to keep it from moving at all. After the completed muffler work was finished the rattle from the shock was still there and I had them take another look at which they noticed the passenger shock was very loose and showed me a way to replicate the noise to the Nissan dealership in an attempt to help them identify the problem. I then scheduled a time to take it back to the dealership to have the shock looked at again and I advised the service manager that I would like to show their mechanic exactly how to simulate the problem at which time he said “we can figure it out and if we need your help we will come and get you”. After waiting at least an hour a service advisor came to me and said they’re were putting together a parts and labor estimate to correct the problem and would be with me shortly. At this time I stated do not go any further and I would like to explain to the mechanic what I am hearing and feeling within the shock, which I did and the mechanic agreed with me that it was the shock and he asked his senior mechanic to come take a look at which time he shouted at him saying “I told you what was wrong” and the other mechanic stated “look I wouldn’t ask you if it wasn’t important”. He agreed and came over watched what we did and he said “yes the shock is bad, we will order a new one” and walked away. After a couple a days the shock came in, it was replaced and the rattling stopped immediately. That trip marked my 5th visit to the dealership and has left me convinced my vehicle concerns were misdiagnosed and potentially have replaced items not needed