Bsnl Broadband Connection / Problems getting a broadband connection!

1 India Review updated:

I have been waiting for one week after my last blog to continue my quest of acquiring a BSNL broadband connection. Below are the milestones which I covered during that.

19 Sept 2007, Wednesday

I tried many times to connect to the contact number given at the time of application. Finally I made it through. Some one at the other end answered. She said at least it will take 2 weeks, i.e. one more week from now. When I asked about the process and status of my connection, she tried to explain the process, my application has to undergo before finally [magically] turning in to the broadband connection. But, she preferred the language Kannada, which is alien to me. I only understood some words like, telephone exchange, connection point etc. Those too were heavily accented.

21 Sept 2007, Friday

My friend who went to another BSNL office got another form, though the contents are same ;) How many forms do they have? Now itself I have seen the one from Internet, the one I filled and the one my colleague got. I guess the BSNL people don’t even know what exactly to do. Also, they said to him ‘frankly’, “It will take one month for you to get the connection”.

29 Sept 2007, Saturday

I wanted to call them last Wednesday, but I was not well and also busy preparing to go to my home town. Today morning while I was on my way, I got a call from a guy. He started off with Kannada, but when I heard the terms ‘Internet, phone connection, BSNL, broadband’ etc, I understood what it is. I told him that I don’t know Kannada and we settled on Hindi, which neither of us knew perfectly. I told him I am in Kerala and gave my friend’s number to contact. But somehow he conveyed me the message that, phone connection is ready [couldn’t understand what he said about Internet] and he needed me personally [with my id proof] there to give the connection. He gave me his number and said to call him once I am back.

3 Oct 2007, Wednesday

I asked one of my friends, who knows Kannada to call him and ask what is the status. When she called he said he will come and ‘install’ this Saturday. I don’t know whether he will give only the land line or both broadband and land line.

5 Oct 2007, Friday

I wanted to confirm about him coming to my apartment tomorrow. So I told my friend to call him again. [Thanks to her] He said we will meet in front of a hotel near my apartment tomorrow at 11:30am and I should have the receipt and id proof then.

In the mean time, I talked to a colleague of mine who took BSNL connection. He actually applied for the Home UL900 plan, but he got the Home 500 plan with a download limit of 2GB per month. He applied for a plan change, but it took him one month. He told me that the Home 500 plan was having really good speeds as compared to UL900 plan. The 2GB download limit for the Home 500 plan is very tight to maintain, but that plan has got unlimited connectivity between 2am and 8am.

6 Oct 2007, Saturday
Again the magical moment got postponed. I guess the BSNL people made it their policy that you have to realize the value of the broadband before having it. I called the guy and gave the precise location of my apartment. He said he knows the place and he will be here with in 12noon. I waited till 11:30 and called him again. Then he said some problem about the telephone number and it will be finalized only by today evening and that he will draw the cable on Monday. [Last Saturday when he called, he said everything was ready] Also he gave me the number of another person to call on Monday. I will have to come back to my apartment from office when he comes.

8 Oct 2007, Monday
Finally!!! I didn’t get the Internet connection. It is not a typo, I didn’t get it. I contacted the new guy [from office] and found out that he doesn’t even know Hindi. He said something to me in Kannada and all I understood was a telephone number and a name with a suffix JTO. I managed to convey him that I applied for a new connection and didn’t get anything and asked him when he will come. He said he will come to my place at 12:30pm. Later I called again to confirm that I will get both the phone line and Internet connection. But communicating with this guy was completely impossible. All I understand was that guy saying “sub kuch milta hain aaj” [You will get everything today]. My mind jumped with joy. But I told my friend [who know Kannada] to talk to him by around 11:30pm. He said he will be there within 15 minutes. So my roommate and I rushed to the apartment. We waited and waited. Called him two times in between and he say “10 minutes sir, I will come in 10 minutes”. We waited for around 1 hour. Finally he came. Then only I realized the actual situation. He came to install the phone. After installing the phone and activation [which will take another 2 days] only, the broadband connection process will be initiated. The telephone connection is supposed to be installed & activated at least with in 10 days from the day of application. The line man said something about the entering data to computer, shortage of modem and all. But I called the JTO [Got his number from the line man] to confirm all these. He said to call him after the activation of the land line. It will then take around 10-15 days [so he told] to get the broadband. [I am expecting a delay of one more month]. So that’s the story till now. All I got till now is the land line. Once again I am in to a waiting state.

Above all of these, when I called a friend of mine, he said he bought the wireless gadget of BSNL directly from the customer care centre. It got activated within one day. But I am trying to convince myself, broadband is better, as it will give you 256Kbps of speed [exceptions are there] while the other will give a max speed of 146Kbps. The other details are it has unlimited wireless connectivity all over Bangalore and up to 5Kms outside the city limits and the equipment cost is Rs7000/- [either one time payment or Rs200/- per month] and a usage charge of ~450 per month.

There will be a final part of this. [Trilogy] But I can’t guarantee when. It depends on the BSNL people. I hope it will be soon.

Comments

• Sy
      3rd of Jun, 2007
    Bsnl Broadband Connection - No broadband provided
    India

I am from Channapatna, Bangalore rural side and 60 km away from bangalore. In this town Bsnl have so many landline connection but there is no broadband. Around 2000 to 3000 people are waiting for broadband connection every day we are visiting the bsnl office to provide broadband connection but the authority people not taking any step. One more thing more 500 people are using reliance internet connection and the are no satisfy with the service of reliance so they also in que to convert to bb of bsnl if they provide. My complaint is shy bsnl not providing bb to such a great demand!

• Sv
      15th of Oct, 2007

I strongly agree with him. i am put up in sanjay nagar bangalore. Its almost 2 months now. I got my landline installed within 3 days buy my broadband connection is not yet up. Whenever i call customer care they redirect the problem to corresponding exchange and in exchange they always say port is not yet allocated. I think its high time somebody should take bsnl to consumer court for cheating people with false advertisement. We all are too tolerant with isp providers. somebody doesn't support linux. Somebody has poor customer care and list goes on. All these only adds pain to customers and TRAII is not looking into these matters.

23rd of Oct, 2007

I have registered my broadband connection in 3 months back itself but still I am not able to get the connection...

This process indicates the irrespective of work...

23rd of Oct, 2007

sometime I wonder if there exists a nexus between BSNL top notch officials and the private players. The BSNL guys seem to be promoting the cause of private players. Let someone do the sting and I am pretty sure that a mouth watering story of a syndicate will come up. ...

• Li
      30th of Oct, 2007

I have been waiting for a BSNL broadband connection for the previous one month. I had given the application on 28-09-2007. I want that connection as earlier as possible. My exchange staffs have said that there is a delay in creating the user id in Bangalore. They couldn't help me. What can I do now? I have given my address below..
    lijin jose, thrissur, kerala...

• Th
      31st of Oct, 2007

I completely agree with Manu. I'm in Hyderabad. I got the landline within 2 days of application. It was September 26, 2007. Then the lady told me that it would take 2-3 weeks. After that whenever I call them they give me the same answer. 2-3 weeks.

Until now they said that the exchange doesn't have enough ports. Now they say that port is assigned, but we need to get your User name and Password from Bangalore. Which will again take 2-3 weeks.

• Vi
      4th of Sep, 2008
    Bsnl Broadband Connection - WORST SERVICE BROADBAND CONNECTION
    BSNL
    India

BSNL is too bad in all services. I am Vijayasaravanan from chennai. I Requested for a new broadband connection in pallikaranai from BSNL. I registered online on 25 july 2008. Very soon they came to my home and collected 500 ruppes saying that maximum of ten days they will take to install the instrument and within next five days ( totally within 15 days) they will provide internet connection. But until this moment (Today's date) (04 september2008) they haven't attended that query further. I have called up them more than 50 times. but their only dialogue they repeatedly say is " we will forward your issue to the concern dept sir" and " we are in search of your locality sir". "please contact us after a couple of weeks". If you call them again after a week or couple of weeks they never even pick the phone or they say the same repeated dialogues I told them several times that its very urgent for me to avail internect connection. Since BSNL is not doing thier duties we public has to suffer by staying latenight in offices and could not able to use internet personally. we cant use our office internetconnection for personal use. Also we could not even use it at our home. Shame on these BSNL service. But for recieving money they stand first. Stealing money from people in a very decent way. no idea from how many people they have stolen money in this way.

• Si
      20th of Sep, 2008

ANYBODY WHO WANTS BROADBAND CONNECTION FROM TATA INDICOM IN BANGALORE PLEASE CALL AT 9986125414(SIVA). NO DEPOSIT, NO INSTALLATION CHARGES, GOOD FEASIBILITY, WITH UNLIMITED.

• Ra
      29th of Sep, 2008

We have given request for BSNL Broadband 15 days back. We have written to BSNL to levy charges in our telephone bill. Every time when we go for activation to JE we get the instruction to wait till next week.
    Whom shd we contact regarding status.
    Ph: 0124-2262227

• Ha
      2nd of Oct, 2008

My another problem is in my home 500 c + (256kb/s to 2mb)plan.
    I am getting download speed of only 25-30 kb/s where my friends are getting 200-400kb why, reply soon now,

• Pa
      5th of Oct, 2008
    Bsnl Broadband Connection - Broadband connection
    India

I have applied for the BSNL broadband connection in June 2008, but till date i.e. october 2008 BSNL failed to provide me an internet connection.

• Pa
      29th of Jul, 2010

I have recived a sms in my mobile 15 days earlier stating that 'just sms 'LL ' to 9400054141 after vewing the message i have forwaded a sms as on date nothing happend again i recive the same sms on 26/07/2010 again i have forwaded the above further someone called me on my mobile and told me that i will get bsnl broadband connection with in 2 days and my my lead id is TNNAG27071000003 till date nothin happend my E Mail : winfoundations.alwin@gmail.com

P.Alwin

18th of May, 2011

If BSNL wants to see the next generation then the following should happen.
    Split up BSNL in different zone as neither BSNL top Guys nor the Govt, of INDIA is interested in making it a big successful organization with good services today the service is pathetic.
    It will be easy to manage small zone. I mean small zone district wise even state level will be very difficult by them to manage looking at today's state.
    Dont know way the govt is spending so much on such a bunch of non productive nuts.
    I have been waiting for a BSNL broadband connection for weeks-month-years!