Brookstone / return policy and poor customer service!

Brookstone has clearly declined over the year in their area of customer service. I recently returned a defective item after pleading with them to exchange the item. At first, I was told, "too bad the wheel fell off the day after you bought it." After pleading, I was if I paid the shipping back to them, they would exchange (we have no Brookstone store where I live). So I paid the shipping only to receive a gift card back in the mail. Not what I was told, but I was OK. So I went online and ordered a Spa Robe for my wife using the gift card. It was a "one size fits all" and nothing was said about this being on the exclusions for their return policy. The robe came in and was too small. When I called, I was told I couldn't return the item. No questions and no sympathy. I searched the web site again and all my paper work (receipts, etc.) for documentation thinking I must have surely missed this. Nothing except a broad disclaimer about "some personal items" and a pretty complete list of items without the robe on the exclusion list. After this experience, I will never shop at Brookstone again and advise anyone to make sure it is absolutely necessary before they do as well.

Comments

Di
  21st of Nov, 2008

I received a small piece of luggage from my parents for my birthday. They purchased the bag on Ocotber 5, and my birthday was November 20. The bag is just too small for me, so I called to get a return authorization number (stupid policy). I get the 'it's over 30 days' crap. I tried to tell them it was a birthday gift..."so what, you are stuck with the bag". This has got to be one of the worst companies I have seen in many, many years. Hope they go broke too. Last time me or anyone in my family EVER buys from them again. And I am now on a mission to find every blog and review site to tell anyone that is even thinking of buying anything from them that their customer service is the worst! This day and age you would think thye would be happy to help any customer who is not happy. They are working towards going broke!! Couldn't be happier for them!!

La
  18th of Feb, 2009

Soo...it's Brookstone's fault your wife is fat??? You knew that when you purchased the robe!! You don't buy one size fits all for overweight people!! I am slightly overweight myself, and the robe fits fine. SO...really? Don't make your problem(or your wife's) Brookstone's!!